“Great place to go” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   105 South Little Rock Avenue, Ventnor City, NJ 08406   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ventnor City B&B and Inns
Newark, New Jersey, United States
“Great place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I found this special on groupon.com & we never been to a bed and breakfast before. This was the best experience my husband and I had. The staff is so wonderful. The setting makes you want to stay forever....and the food OMG was so GREAT!!!! Will be coming back gain!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathroom in it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked our stay at Carisbrooke through Livingsocial on a "We are going away for Valentine's Day!" whim. We had never been, so it was just a hopeful chance that it would be worth while, and it truly was. The B&B is quaint and quiet, with old victorian style bedrooms and full-size bathrooms in each room. The food every morning was fresh cooked and AMAZING. We loved Sid and Willy, the dogs, and Agnes was a huge help in pointing us in the right direction on what to do in AC. The first night we were there, my now-fiance proposed! I guess the love at Carisbrooke Inn really worked for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carisbrooke-Manager, Owner at Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Wow, I'm a bit late but congratulations on your engagement. We are very happy we could provide the venue for such a special and important event in yours lives. It's nice to hear this because as a business we constantly remind ourselves we are not selling rooms but providing experiences and memories and this probably tops them all in our eyes.

Congratulations again and thanks for sharing this happy time with us.
lawnside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My Husband and I went down to Atlantic City for a concert and while searching for a room for the night, we stumbled across the Carisbrooke Inn. I must say that my husband whom never stayed at a bed and breakfast before was a little skeptical at first. I will say that as soon as we entered into the doors we felt at home. The warm greeting we received was so welcoming. The aroma of fresh baked goodies, the cleanliness of the room, the homemade breakfast that was delicious and the superb staff made our experience absolutely wonderful. Thank you all so much, we will definitely return for a much longer stay in the future. The Bailey's

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed overnight at the Carisbrooke recently. I had never stayed at a B&B as was a little apprehensive. I was welcomed by the staff in a warm and friendly manner and explained the offerings that came with our room. As you enter you can immediately see the warm dining area with a beautiful fireplace. The room was nicely furnished and had lots of goodies offered. I plan to return as soon as I can.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are truly thankful for all of our guests but especially appreciate it when you take the time to post a review. No one can let others know the experience we try to offer better than you can.

We are glad your husbands first experience in a B&B was a good one. B&B's are a great way to stay anywhere you travel. We appreciate your business and are happy we provided you with good service and made your trip a good one. We hope to see you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As newlyweds my husband and I did not want to venture out to far, considering we just has 2 days to indulge and celebrate our new found nuptials. We were looking for quaint, and charming . Never in a million dreams did we think we'd be welcome in such a wonderful Inn. We arrived for a late check in which was effortless. From the very first steps into the Inn to our room #9 , was beautiful and fitting for our special occasion.

The daily breakfast was outstanding, we were even allowed to bring a bottle of champagne., This is our new get away spot. Do look forward to seeing us each year same time for our anniversary.

January 11th

Mr and Mrs Herrera-Coles

Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

First of all, I would like to thank the staff at Carisbrooke Inn for advertising that that are an LGBT friendly establishment. I was looking for a Christmas present for my boyfriend of three years and stumbled upon a great Groupon for the Carisbrooke Inn. The value was perfect but I wanted to first make sure we would feel safe there. To my surprise, the homepage included a rainbow flag and sent me to a page full of LGBT-friendly places around Atlantic City. I immediately decided to purchase the Groupon and book my room and I am very glad I did.

We stayed in Room 5 for two nights and loved it. The bed was very comfortable and while the bathroom was a bit small, it suited our needs. The room and the Inn in general were very clean.

Moving on to my favorite part of our stay, the breakfast! As I said before, this was my first experience at a b&b so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect for breakfast. Both mornings started with a bowl of fruit and a home made pastry. (Speaking of home made, the cookies that are available 24/7 are delicious) The first morning we had the best pancakes I have ever eaten and the next day we had eggs, breakfast potatoes and toast. Both of those meals were served with two pieces of crispy bacon. I am still thinking about those pancakes and we are going to try to make our own with the recipe and tutorial on the website!

The staff was great and very knowledgeable about happenings at the casinos and local restaurants.

The location was great in that you could drive to the casinos in minutes but were far enough away to have a peaceful night. It's also seconds away from the beach which, obviously, did not prove useful in January.

We definitely plan to stay again sometime during the summer to enjoy the closeness to the beach.

As I said before, I would highly recommend this b&b for anyone!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My Wife and I spend 2 nights at the Carisbrooke Inn and we were not disappointed. At first, we were very worried because we never stayed at a Inn before, so we had no idea what to expect. The moment we walked through the front door we felt at home. The warm greeting we received was a true welcome. The breakfast was excellent (5 start +++). They have the best oatmeal cookies. I don't know if it's homemade or brand cookies, but they were really good! We stayed in room 5 which was very clean and quiet. The bathroom is small which is okay. I guessing the reason behind the size of the bathroom is to allow more room space (I could be wrong, but the bathroom size was not an issue for us). I really have nothing bad to say about this place. From now on when we visit Atlantic City we will be staying at the Carisbrooke Inn instead of those big Casino Hotels with bad customer service (Borgata and the others). We will be visiting again soon. Oh, by the way they have a parking lot :-).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carisbrooke-Manager, Owner at Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at The Carisbrooke Inn, especially since this was your first B&B experience. We try very hard to make every guest fell welcome and provide you the best experience possible and we really appreciate you providing us feedback.

As for the cookies -- yes they are all homemade. In fact all of our baked items (cookies, cakes, scones, muffins, etc.) are made here from basic ingredients. No mixes. We love good food and love to bake. If you'd like to keep an eye what we're baking follow us on our facebook page.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

Been to Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!