“A gem of all gems” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast

You added Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   105 South Little Rock Avenue, Ventnor City, NJ 08406   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ventnor City B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A gem of all gems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As newlyweds my husband and I did not want to venture out to far, considering we just has 2 days to indulge and celebrate our new found nuptials. We were looking for quaint, and charming . Never in a million dreams did we think we'd be welcome in such a wonderful Inn. We arrived for a late check in which was effortless. From the very first steps into the Inn to our room #9 , was beautiful and fitting for our special occasion.

The daily breakfast was outstanding, we were even allowed to bring a bottle of champagne., This is our new get away spot. Do look forward to seeing us each year same time for our anniversary.

January 11th

Mr and Mrs Herrera-Coles

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

First of all, I would like to thank the staff at Carisbrooke Inn for advertising that that are an LGBT friendly establishment. I was looking for a Christmas present for my boyfriend of three years and stumbled upon a great Groupon for the Carisbrooke Inn. The value was perfect but I wanted to first make sure we would feel safe there. To my surprise, the homepage included a rainbow flag and sent me to a page full of LGBT-friendly places around Atlantic City. I immediately decided to purchase the Groupon and book my room and I am very glad I did.

We stayed in Room 5 for two nights and loved it. The bed was very comfortable and while the bathroom was a bit small, it suited our needs. The room and the Inn in general were very clean.

Moving on to my favorite part of our stay, the breakfast! As I said before, this was my first experience at a b&b so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect for breakfast. Both mornings started with a bowl of fruit and a home made pastry. (Speaking of home made, the cookies that are available 24/7 are delicious) The first morning we had the best pancakes I have ever eaten and the next day we had eggs, breakfast potatoes and toast. Both of those meals were served with two pieces of crispy bacon. I am still thinking about those pancakes and we are going to try to make our own with the recipe and tutorial on the website!

The staff was great and very knowledgeable about happenings at the casinos and local restaurants.

The location was great in that you could drive to the casinos in minutes but were far enough away to have a peaceful night. It's also seconds away from the beach which, obviously, did not prove useful in January.

We definitely plan to stay again sometime during the summer to enjoy the closeness to the beach.

As I said before, I would highly recommend this b&b for anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My Wife and I spend 2 nights at the Carisbrooke Inn and we were not disappointed. At first, we were very worried because we never stayed at a Inn before, so we had no idea what to expect. The moment we walked through the front door we felt at home. The warm greeting we received was a true welcome. The breakfast was excellent (5 start +++). They have the best oatmeal cookies. I don't know if it's homemade or brand cookies, but they were really good! We stayed in room 5 which was very clean and quiet. The bathroom is small which is okay. I guessing the reason behind the size of the bathroom is to allow more room space (I could be wrong, but the bathroom size was not an issue for us). I really have nothing bad to say about this place. From now on when we visit Atlantic City we will be staying at the Carisbrooke Inn instead of those big Casino Hotels with bad customer service (Borgata and the others). We will be visiting again soon. Oh, by the way they have a parking lot :-).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carisbrooke-Manager, Owner at Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at The Carisbrooke Inn, especially since this was your first B&B experience. We try very hard to make every guest fell welcome and provide you the best experience possible and we really appreciate you providing us feedback.

As for the cookies -- yes they are all homemade. In fact all of our baked items (cookies, cakes, scones, muffins, etc.) are made here from basic ingredients. No mixes. We love good food and love to bake. If you'd like to keep an eye what we're baking follow us on our facebook page.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This place is beautiful! Beautiful view of the ocean! Our 3rd year and we will be back for a 4th next year! Excellent place to stay! Great people, great food, great staff! Very clean! Keep up the good work! Sid and Willie make the place warm and inviting! See you next year!

• Stayed November 2012
Telford, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and my brother and his wife recently stayed at the Inn to celebrate our October birthdays. Both rooms were beautiful! Wonderful environment, great food, and lovable dogs. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Agnes was the host we saw the most of. She was also the breakfast chef and both days we were there had a variety of tempting choices: on the sideboard were different cereals, different fresh fruit salads each day and muffins and the very best scones. You were given choices of eggs any style with your choice of bacon,sausage, etc. Also available were French toast, pancakes and delicious waffles. Home made chocolate chip cookies were available all day for guests and late afternoon an assortment of cheese, crackers, veggies and drinks were set out for guests. The guest rooms varied in decor, some more inviting than others,and the size of the bathrooms varied from tiny to nice.Bedsare very comfortable and the location was just a few steps from the boardwalk and beach. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Room # 7 on the 3rd floor was large and bright with a modern shower.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at The Carisbrooke before. That is simply the reason we always go back. The friendly warm atmosphere of the Inn itself, the owner John and his lovely staff, go out of their way to make your stay stress-free.
Sadly, this past vacation I took ill and stayed in bed in my beautiful, bright, immaculate room, having my sweet husband try and nurse me back to health. We stayed the entire 6 days and even though I wasn't 100%, being at the Inn was pleasant, stressless and made for as good as someone could imagine if they too took ill. I am happy to report I am 100% better now but sadly can kick myself for missing all the delicious breakfasts John and his most wonderful staff served everyday. You can be sure though, we will be coming back yet again to this gem by the ocean.

Room Tip: The Carisbrooke Inn has two building to choose from. There is the main house where you come directly...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!