“Great Spot!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the Surrey Beach House over Memorial Day weekend. It was a great spot! It was very close to the beach and we were able to find close by street parking. It was close to both Margate and Atlantic City so the location was very convenient! The hotel was clean and nice. Kevin the Innkeeper was great. He helped us select a great place for dinner and we had fabulous sushi! We also had a great breakfast one morning at Lisa's. Both places were within walking distance from the hotel so that was also very nice! Overall great stay! I would recommend the Surrey Beach House!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review! It is appreciated that you took the time to help write a review about us for others to read and learn about Surrey Beach House. I really appreciate the kind words that you had for myself. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wildwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a hidden gem. What a quant 14 room immaculately clean hotel. The manager Kevin is fabulous and caring, he treats you like family and goes above and beyond to make sure he recommends exactly what meets your needs and follows up with you the next day to make sure that we liked his suggestions, professional mannerism. The entire stay was pleasant and relaxing, we will be back. Love the FREE coffee and cookies in the lobbhy all day, what a nice way th thank your guests. Thanks Kevin and staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I personally am very happy that I could make your vacation a memorable one. The staff and I would be happy to have you as our guest again anytime. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for your positive feedback.
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Surrey Beach House was a relaxing, comfortable place in a great location. Kevin, the innkeeper, was extremely hospitable and helpful, and we really felt at home there. It was within walking distance to restaurants and coffee shops, is right off the beach, and is close to all of the Altantic City casinos. The beds were SO comfortable, the rooms were well furnished, and the overall feel of the Surrey Beach House is very inviting. It was a great trip and I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It truely was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we are happy that you really enjoyed your vacation. I look forward to you possibly staying with us in the future. Thank You again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend @ Surrey Beach House and had a great time. Our room was clean and accommodating and the bed was comfortable so were the pillows. Kevin and his staff were very nice and helpful with dining and shopping. Very close to the beach and casinos. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed March 2012
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your great review! I appreciate you taking time out to write a review about us.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us. I personally would like to thank you for your kind words about me. It was a pleasure to make your stay the best it could possibly be. Thank you again.
Voorhees, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful "getaway by the beach". The location is very convenient: right by the beach, close to restaurants and the AC casino strip.We came in from the AC Expressway and found it easily. The rooms were clean and well furnished. The manager Kevin was very courteous, pleasant and helpful with many local insights (parking, shopping, restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at Surrey Beach House. I would like to thank you for your comments about me. I was glad I could help.
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for Surrey Beach House, we appreciate your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to have you be our guest again soon. Thank you.
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend getaway to the "only hotel in Ventnor". Surrey Beach house is very convenient to the Ventnor Board walk and an easy and picturesque 25 minute walk up to the south end of the AC casino strip. The hotel and room was spotless, the beds extremely comfortable and the staff we encountered (Patrick the manager and an assistant) both friendly and helpful. My only complaint (and the reason for the "4 dot" or very good rating) was with the size of the room. With a king bed and other furnishings you experienced some feeling of being cramped. We were shown rooms in other parts of the hotel that were much more spacious and you'd be well served to request an upstairs room. This is not a five star facility but if you are looking for a place with a 3 C (Clean, Comfortable, Convenient) rating the Surrey Beach House gets a big thumbs up from us.

Room Tip: This hotel is being progressively upgraded and I would request an upstairs room if available. We had...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
KevinPalek, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated here from the SBH staff. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we really appreciate you staying with us. I look forward to you possibly staying with us in the future. Thank You again.
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked this hotel from a travel plan I have and enjoyed being so close to the ocean however there were many things that were deceiving and not communicated with me upon booking. If you plan on staying at this small, quaint hotel be warned that there is no parking lot and street parking is metered on all streets in the area. It is only a block from the ocean but you have a huge facility right on top of the building blocking any and all view you might enjoy while in your room. My view was an ugly brick wall. You can sit out on a deck at the front of the hotel but it is a community deck and there are two floors but no elevator so if you bring a lot of luggage with you, you are on your own trying to get it all inside. I would not recommend this to families or out of towners. My room was much smaller than my travel plan provider led me to believe. You have to pay a lot more for a decent size room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
KevinPalek, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for your review of Surrey Beach House. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the communication problems at your time of booking. I am personally working with the travel plan provider that booked your room, so that they can better inform guests. Any guest who books directly through the hotel, is well informed about the hotel and its surroundings.I do hope you will stay at Surrey Beach House again.

Been to Surrey Beach House? Share your experiences!