“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Benito Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 124 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Galloping Hill Rd
New York City, New York
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fantastic restaurant. We have been going here since they opened and probably only had 1 not so hot meal. That's a pretty good record! Appetizers are excellent. The hot chocolate cake desert is the best in the world. They will make anything you like...so don't worry if what you want isn't on the menu. The 5 cheese ravioli is to die for....not on the menu. Coffee is wonderful as well.

Visited October 2012

NY
“Save your hard earned money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

All i can say if you are visiting from the country of Mexico you may think this is good Italian fare. Let me tell you, its is not! My meal of linguini and 'clams' was $26 and terrible. I could have had a better meal out of a can.

The service from the waiter was terrible, a limited menu and over priced entree's. You feel like you are experiencing a flash back to 1970. Save your money and go to Olive Garden, you will have a better experience!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“EXCELLENT FOOD,SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Called on 12/31/2012 at about 7pm to see if they had seats for dinner and was greeted by someone super nice. She said "SURE COME ON IN". I have always passed by the restaurant on my way to work but never imagined how nice and excellent the food and service was. As we entered we were greeted and coat check was offered. We were seated right away and inmediately realized that it was a classy restaurant. To start we had pasta fagioli soup which was excellent! Then I had a Steak dish, kids shared a steak with fries (real homemade fries) and my wife had a pasta dish which was delicious. The taste was delicious, the presentation was of a 1st class restaurant and the service was right on. We didn't even left a bread crumb on the table!! The CHEF also came to our table and asked if everything was ok, which to me is a very nice touch.
The prices were high but comparable to other first class restaurants.
If you are in the area, you can't miss this spot if you are in the mood for a 1st class restaurant with super delicious food!. Enjoy!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forked River, New Jersey
“Decent but Lacking On Something I Can't Put My Finger On”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had dinner here recently with my husband and friends. The reviews pretty much live up to what they claim but there is something that I am not quite sure about this establishment. The food was quite good---good, but not outstanding. The wine is WAY overpriced as is in most cases when you order a bottle of wine at a restaurant but they seem to inflate the cost a bit more, and the wine list is decent, but not outstanding as other reviews have indicated. I have been in the wine industry for years and I think that because there are alot of pretentious "wine posers" out there--they equate expensive wine with an outstanding wine list. I could not argue with the service--who doesn't like someone at your beck and call when you need your glass of wine filled or your plate taken away. I see that some people concider this upscale---not my idea. The front room where I have been seated--all 4 times that I have eaten doesn't give me that feeling that I am eating in an upscale establishment. Maybe that is what I am feeling or rather what is lacking when I cannot use the word upscale for this establishment. I attended several office parties for the holidays here and can say that I had the same feeling. The food is decent--probably better than decent for most items but I can't say anything else "wows" me. But at the prices they charge, and I don't mind paying an arm and a leg for dinner, I want a better atmosphere and this is where Benitos does not deliver.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Superb Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Benito is a great spot for exquisite Italian food. Pastas and veal dishes are my favorites here. Service is top notch and the wine list is very good. Upscale space makes it perfect for that special dinner or for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2012