“Fish Tacos - Yes” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Red Cadillac specializes in Tacos & Tequilas. A Great selection of top shelf tequilas, including 10 flavors of house infused tequila. Also, everything is made from scratch. Even the taco shells & tortillas. Great decor & fun concept. Restaurant , Bar & Lounge are all GREAT...
Jersey
“Fish Tacos - Yes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had been searching for a Tex-Mex place that made Fish Tacos that weren't so spicy that you can't taste the fish. Red Cadillac made them perfect. Nice sized portions and great atmosphere.
Other dinners ordered was the Pork Steak and the Quesadillas. Both were excellent. I had heard they were off to a rough start but they seem to have it down now. I will return.

• Visited January 2013

Jersey
“What was a good 1st visit was ruined by bad policy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

What started as a good experience was ruined by an unwarranted policy of adding an automatic tip for a party of just 5 people, and two of them were kids, and what was worse no one advised us that that was their policy. If the service was outstanding maybe, but the service was average and the waiter who served us wine did not have a clue how to do that properly, in fact it looked like the first time she opened a bottle with a cork. Having worked at restaurants as a host, waiter, cook.bartender and manager I have been in enough restaurants to know you don't spring an automatic tip on a customer when you deliver a check. This is an amateur owner or worse, with not enough sense to know that this will anger a customer. If the customer is made aware before hand and they still choose to come to your restaurant fine, but I won't be back. Too bad.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hewitt, New Jersey
“Horrible....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went here for my girlfriends birthday. I'm always looking for a good Mexican restaurnt...

The food was VERY salty, I have one of the specials; coconut shrimp tacos, first could barely find the shrimp, second could barely find the coconut.....

I don't remember what my friend ordered, but she mentioned her's was very salty as well.

Had a decent time at the the bar.

Would try again, maybe it was just off that night......

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Tacos and Flavorful Tequila anyone?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great taco joint that offers a variety of flavored tequilas. Atmosphere is festive and service is attentive. If you're like me, and u love your tequila, you'll love this place. Expect to wait awhile for your table if you come on a weekend. So, take a spot at the bar, standing room only, and bring your thirst.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Drove by this hidden gem finally went in tonight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Walked in had to wait for a table which was fine because the girl behind the bar was so nice and talkative got me my 1st round of shots which to my surprise were amazing RED HOT TEQUILA you wont find that anywhere else in the world. My 2nd round i was served by a guy who seemed like he doesn't t have the capability to not smile the drink was good forgot the name of the drink though. Once we got table and food it was delicious the guy who gave me my food had a lot of tattoos and didn't just drop the food and leave he asked how i was and made me laugh which was unexpected.overall ill come in every chance i get i think i just found my new spot goodbye Marios hello mexico.