“Great Service for large group” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Central Jersey
“Great Service for large group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

A large group - 35 people - just had a wonderful luncheon at Revere's in Ewing, NJ. My table was in the back - the farthest from the head table. Our family-style pasta and individual entrees were served hot and fresh. There was one main server during most of the lunch, but 2-3 others brought out the food. Most impressive. Also, all the courses (salad, pasta, entree, cake & coffee) were wonderful. I most heartily recommend Revere's for your next luncheon.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Been hearing about this place for years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

... but I wasn't missing much. Food was heavy, sauces had no subtlety, too much oil. And, the prices are ridiculous for what if offered. Won't be back.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, New Jersey
“Always Consistent and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I ordered a NY Strip Medium Rare and as always it was cooked to perfection... Apps and salads are always fresh and inventive. Prices are good. I would recommend this Restaurant to anyone.

They will put fruit in the family style salad if you like it's always a nice addition, sometimes they have a "Meatball Salad" that reminds me of what my Nonna used to serve! The fish and seafood is always fresh. I've never had a bad experience here.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Port Richey, Florida
“Excellent food and drinks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The Revere in Ewing, or West Trenton, or Trenton, take you pick, is a comfortable establishment serving excellent cuisine. They advertize themselves as Italian, and, indeed most of the menu items are, but the chef’s specials tonight also included Pork Tenderloin au Poivre, which was encouraged to try but, alas, did not.

We were greeted by our server. I might have expected a hostess, but Jacqueline was very pleasant. We were seated in an unpretentious but nicely appointed dining room with starched linen tablecloths and napkins. Drink orders were taken and served expeditiously. Our waitress was very intent on taking our orders, until we finally explained that we had not seen each other for some time, and wanted to talk and enjoy a leisurely dinner. She pleasantly and tactfully withdrew and awaited our summons.

Appetizers ordered included Calamari with bacon, stuffed mushrooms (available with crabmeat or sausage, we opted for sausage) and clams casino. All were wonderful. I thought the clams were a mite small in size (in truth, I’ve never seen smaller) but they were zesty and very tasty. For my entrée I ordered the veal saltimbocca. The chef had no problem making it without spinach as I specified. It was excellent. My dining companions ordered salmon and veal piccata. Both were thoroughly enjoyed. The soft-shell crabs were another matter. They were a bit mushy. I thought the pasta side dish was rather nondescript, the sauce bland. Order the side vegetables instead.

Minor inconveniences aside, we all enjoyed a very good meal, topped off with excellent coffee and, in my case, very creamy cappuccino. Oh, and the bartender makes one mean Bombay Sapphire martini.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Trenton
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

The food is always excellent at the Revere. Service is OK, but for the price, it's absolutely worth the trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere