“It's not Katmandu” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Richboro, Pennsylvania
“It's not Katmandu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have always enjoyed Katmandu and really hoped that Rho, which now occupies its space, would be as good. It isn't.
We went there with 3 other couples on a Saturday night before a Trenton Thunder game. The service, while friendly, was totally incompetent. The waitress did not write anything down. She came back 10 minutes after we placed our order and asked us to repeat it.
One woman in our party ordered a Caesar salad and a sandwich. The waitress told her that the sandwich came with a choice of fries or a salad. The woman told that she would have fries. The waitress brought out a garden salad instead of the Caesar salad and brought another garden salad instead of fries.
The soup of the day was clam chowder. We got a blank look from the waitress when we asked her if it was Manhattan clam chowder or New England. After we explained the difference, she went the kitchen to check and then told us it was Manhattan. When she served it, it turned out to be - New England clam chowder.
The chowder was really good, so I was really looking forward to my entre, Chicken Marsala. It was a disappointment. The chicken was so salty as to be almost inedible. I am not one of those "no salt" fanatics and enjoy a reasonable amount on my food. My wife had Veal Marsala which was also very salty but not enough to ruin the meal.
One member of our party had Veal Parmigiana, another Veal Francais and the rest had sandwiches. They all said that their meals were good.
When the checks came, two out of four were wrong. They were corrected without a fuss, so no harm.
Rho is fairly new and they have a lot of kinks to work out with both the food and the service. I would not recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

25% Recommend
Pennington, New Jersey
“Nice ambience......food sucks.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I ate at this restaurant exactly a year ago today and the food was pretty decent. This time around the food was really not good. A simple cheese steak sandwich had a greasy taste and fries were salty. I would only come to this restaurant for drinks and dancing.....I'm definitely not ordering any food.

Visited May 2013
West Trenton, New Jersey
“Go to dance not eat.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Had the company Holiday party here 150+. Now is is always a challenge to serve that many so I didn't expect much but unfortunately that is what I got. Food (chicken Marsala) was dry with mashed potatoes scooped out with an I cream scoop and bland green beans. Salad was decent however. Atmosphere is like a discotheque - a big square room with huge bar on the side. Could see this being a roomy place to dance for the young ones. Overall go to dance, to eat.

New York City, New York
“Sensational Soul Cruisers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rho is the former Kat Man Du and in my opinion so much better. We went there to see the Sensational Soul Cruisers and had a blast. Rho is spacious with a very laid back vibe. This is not our first time there, but I felt it worth giving it a shout. It's the ideal place to see a live band, or if you want to go, get a bite to eat and shake a tail feather. I highly recommend if you want to have a good time.

Visited November 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
“By the water.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great tiki bar by the river, (Delaware Rive) live music a few nights a week, great happy hour prices, good food, any place that I can be outdoors, i'll be there.

• Visited September 2012