“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

They make very good sushi. Not the absolute greatest, but very good. I'm becoming a regular. If you put in an internet order from their website, follow up with a phone call. It will reduce aggravation.

People that complain about no "gluten free" are STUPID. Gluten is a normal componant of most grains, it's not evil. It's NORMAL.

Norm

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Allentown, New Jersey
“Blown away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food was amazing!!! Service was good. We had the eggplant in brown sauce as an appetizer which was so delicious, my husband & I still talk about it. We had pad thai and sushi too, which were both excellent. Atmosphere is nice, although in a strip mall and its a little dim inside but that's okay. We went on a Monday night and there was no wait. Overall we had a great time and can't wait to go back. This will be our new sushi place

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado
“Folks Get Into the Modern Age”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

After reading the reviews I was very excited to experience Kenji but went away very disappointed, in fact I didn't end up eating anything. After they had already opened the bottle of wine I brought in it was revealed they didn't have a single item on the menu that was gluten free or gluten free soy sauce. Yes I know Colorado is way ahead of the curve with alternative diets but being so close to NYC I would assume these guys would be a little more in tune with modern times. On top of that they treatly me rudely and that made it all the worse. The miniscule effort it would take to get in tune would go a long way. Won't be going back here...

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Walked out very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Took the family here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She's a big fan of sushi and is very picky about the quality and taste. We ended up splitting 3 rolls and 3 dinners between the 4 of us. I ordered a miso soup to start. It was a larger proption than I was expecting and it was excellent. We ordered edamame and satay chicken for the table. The satay chicken had 9 peices of chicken and the dipping sauce. It was tasty and had a nice kick to it. The rolls we split were the Shrimp Tempura roll, the Spicy Girl roll and another Shrimp Tempura roll with mango and avacado (I don't remember the exact name). All of them were very good. Our dinners were Chicken Teriyaki, Ginger Chicken and Pad Thai. I wouldn't hesitate to order any of them again. The portions were good and they all were nicely flavored. For dessert we split a fried ice cream and a fried cheesecake. The fried ice cream had a doughy shell. I'd rather it was a crispy shell, but it wasn't so bad that I didn't indilge. The cheesecake was very good and enough to share. The server was very attentive, but is was pretty empty on a Tuesday night. Along with a few sodas, the bill came out to $110 before tip. Not bad for a very good meal for 4. Check their website. They have a coupon for a few dollars off depending on how much you spend. All things considered, I'd go back without any hesitation.

• Visited September 2013
NJ-NY
“Great Fresh Food, A Nice Restaurant without the Crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Food never disappoints. Always good. Always fresh. Nice service. Especially love that this is a restaurant in the midst of food chains. Therefore, you can always get a seat as the parents fight their way into the nearby food chains with their kids. Rather dark inside so bring reading glasses. Love all their rolls. Good service. Good for take out as well. It makes for a very enjoyable evening with friends and the ability to hear (for good conversation) without lots of noise.

• Visited June 2013