“needs thorough cleaning and some...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Totowa
Copenhagen
“needs thorough cleaning and some...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

this hotel gets a lot of business due to the function place nearby. the carpet needs to be shampooed/ vacuumed or changed altogether. i agree with most of the reviews here, it needs cleaning, warm hallways, public restrooms not maintained. dj at ruby lounge was pretty good. the wait staff "adriana"? was very good. 5Th floor room a/c was working well but, some of my friends were staying on 1st flr and it was hot! if u stay on 1st floor, on a weekend, make sure you bring ear plugs because there's a lot of weddings or parties that the guests becomes loud, rowdy on wee hours. otherwise, it's ok to stay just one night

Room Tip: higher floors to avoid party goers noises
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mohan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Mahaleen,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that you enjoyed ruby lounge and DJ and your good coments about our staff Ms Adriana service .we will address on all your concerns immediately .we look forward to see your future stay more comfortable.

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed one night. The room was incredibly hot as was the hallway upstairs. The area was in a heat wave, however, other areas of the hotel were quite cool. We turned the air down to 60 degrees in the room and it never really cooled off. We were way too tired to find another place to stay. The room was also very dusty. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Ms SuzanneJ
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your most recent visit to The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. You are a valued guest and we truly appreciate your feedback. we apologize for the inconvenience We have noted your concerns and have taken immediate corrective measures We truly thank you and look forward to see your future stays at our hotel more confortable .
With regards
Mohan Maalepalli GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for weekend getaway Enjoyed everything here at the holiday inn Totowa from the front desk staff to the Ruby Lounge. My family and I had dinner in ruby the waitress was wonderful, Also a plus the had live entertainment Cynthia Singing Great Entertainment Here at Ruby Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
Totowa, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had a buiness conference call and needed to print some critical documents prior to the call. Dan at the front dest went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with my problem so that I was prepared for my buiness. Being in sales I really appreciate it when a hotel staff member helps you and demonstates they really care about the customer. That's why I'll be staying at this Holiday Inn next time I'm in town because of the type of service that Dan provided. Thanks for your help Dan!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our great customer service. We look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Totowa, NJ
Montclair, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This establishment caters to swingers and does not advertise as such. I went there not knowing, and, it was complete filth. People smoking pot in the parking lot and then performing sexual activity in the lounge in public.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mohan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear J a,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding ruby lounge we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at ruby lounge you are valued guest your business is very important to us we will definitely work on all your concerns about the ruby lounge. Your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly
we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.
With regards
Mohan Maalepalli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had some technical difficulties (ac) during a heat wave and they were quick to respond and accommodating. I was impressed Latoya at the Front Desk she was very help with my travel needs and knowledgeable about the area. Even when the ac went out in the front desk area she had a smile and was more than willing to help me when my travel plans needed me to stay an extra day. She knew a wedding party was going to be on my floor and she moved me to a different room where I would be not be disturbed by the festivities. I appreciate her thoughtfulness and anticipating my needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
All the employees go above and beyond for all our guests. Latoya drives the spirit of our hotel
I will share your comments with Latoya. Hope you come visit again.

Best wishes.

Sharvil K
Guest Relations Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked four rooms via priceline at this hotel, as a group of us were in the area for a wedding. The price we paid was fine, but if we had paid full price I would have been very unhappy.

I agree with another reviewer that the hotel is very strange to get to. My in-laws had a hard time figuring out how to get to it. The rooms were fine, save for some normal wear and tear. The beds are firm, which my husband likes but I do not. I woke up stiff and sore all over.

My husband and I decided to have a workout in the gym. The equipment was old, dirty, falling apart, and most of it wasn't even in working order.

The front desk staff were pleasant enough and had no problems accommodating our requests for the rooms to be located near each other and for 2 double beds in each room. But we were quite taken aback when we witnessed a heated argument between two staff members as we were leaving for the wedding. Another guest was trying to check in at the time, and she had to interrupt the argument to do so. very unprofessional.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you have to stay in the area for a night or two, but only if you get a good deal. There is no way I'd consider this a 3-star hotel and would never pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Skfowler,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Totowa. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring all your concerns to my attention.
We are happy that we could accomodate your requests of rooms with 2 double beds and being close to each other. However I apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay

It is our goal to consistenly provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we recieve from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!