“Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
Totowa, New Jersey
“Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had a buiness conference call and needed to print some critical documents prior to the call. Dan at the front dest went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with my problem so that I was prepared for my buiness. Being in sales I really appreciate it when a hotel staff member helps you and demonstates they really care about the customer. That's why I'll be staying at this Holiday Inn next time I'm in town because of the type of service that Dan provided. Thanks for your help Dan!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our great customer service. We look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Totowa, NJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Montclair, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This establishment caters to swingers and does not advertise as such. I went there not knowing, and, it was complete filth. People smoking pot in the parking lot and then performing sexual activity in the lounge in public.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mohan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear J a,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding ruby lounge we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at ruby lounge you are valued guest your business is very important to us we will definitely work on all your concerns about the ruby lounge. Your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly
we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.
With regards
Mohan Maalepalli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had some technical difficulties (ac) during a heat wave and they were quick to respond and accommodating. I was impressed Latoya at the Front Desk she was very help with my travel needs and knowledgeable about the area. Even when the ac went out in the front desk area she had a smile and was more than willing to help me when my travel plans needed me to stay an extra day. She knew a wedding party was going to be on my floor and she moved me to a different room where I would be not be disturbed by the festivities. I appreciate her thoughtfulness and anticipating my needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
All the employees go above and beyond for all our guests. Latoya drives the spirit of our hotel
I will share your comments with Latoya. Hope you come visit again.

Best wishes.

Sharvil K
Guest Relations Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked four rooms via priceline at this hotel, as a group of us were in the area for a wedding. The price we paid was fine, but if we had paid full price I would have been very unhappy.

I agree with another reviewer that the hotel is very strange to get to. My in-laws had a hard time figuring out how to get to it. The rooms were fine, save for some normal wear and tear. The beds are firm, which my husband likes but I do not. I woke up stiff and sore all over.

My husband and I decided to have a workout in the gym. The equipment was old, dirty, falling apart, and most of it wasn't even in working order.

The front desk staff were pleasant enough and had no problems accommodating our requests for the rooms to be located near each other and for 2 double beds in each room. But we were quite taken aback when we witnessed a heated argument between two staff members as we were leaving for the wedding. Another guest was trying to check in at the time, and she had to interrupt the argument to do so. very unprofessional.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you have to stay in the area for a night or two, but only if you get a good deal. There is no way I'd consider this a 3-star hotel and would never pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Skfowler,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Totowa. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring all your concerns to my attention.
We are happy that we could accomodate your requests of rooms with 2 double beds and being close to each other. However I apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay

It is our goal to consistenly provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we recieve from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Barnegat, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great service for handicaped person,good food at "Rubys Lounge"
Personal service by Lotoya,Ashley,and David.
Handicap rooms good for wheelchair users.Entrance could be better marked from route 46.
Excellent parking for handicap vans with a ramp.
Will use when in area.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wayne K,

Thank you, for the wonderful comment, it is always great to hear positive feed back from the guests who stays at Holiday Inn Totowa. It is our mission to make the guest feel welcome and comfortable. We hope in serving you once again in the near furture
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here recently for three nights with 22 teenage kids (school trip). I must say, upon entering the property (at night), I was a bit concerned. It doesn't look that great at first, especially at night. But once inside, it does get better (will explain shortly). At check in, the desk clerk was VERY rude. He actually raised his voice and nearly screamed at our tour guide for making what I thought was a simple request (adjoining or close room assignments). For the entire stay (3 nights), the clerks were really never very friendly. Maybe that's the way it goes in Jersey. We were a Southern group and used to Southern charm. Anyway, when we finally got to our rooms, I was surprised. They were very nice ... clean, well appointed, etc... maybe even better than the typical Holiday Inn. Another positive was the breakfast. We ate well each morning and had a fairly good variety.

A few other things you might want to consider. Though the hotel advertises a pool, it's on a roof top and very small. Not an attractive pool at all! And, the hotel seems to cater to school groups. There were several at the hotel during our stay (including us) and each had a security guard on duty each night in each hall. Not exactly something that the average traveler might expect to see. For us, it was fine.

Room Tip: I would avoid the first floor, as it can be noisy and at ground level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your most recent visit to The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. You are a valued guest and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable, and we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our rooms. We have noted all the issues you addressed and have taken immediate corrective measures We truly thank you and look forward to your future stays at our hotel.
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

From the two free drinks in the lounge to the wonderful free breakfast, this was a wonderful stay. The room was clean and comfortable, desk staff was courteous. Glad to see LaToya at the front desk during the days...she epitomizes what customer service is. The property is a bit dated; however, they make up for it with other perks. One of two elevators are being repaired and kids thought it was cute to ride the one working up and down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Jim N

Thank you for your stay at holiday inn Tototwa NJ . we are happy that You liked our complimentary cocktail drink and breakfast We appreciate and thak you for your valuable good comments about our hotel and our staff for their dedicated service . The guest satisfaction is very important to us .We will see that your future stay will be more valuable.

With regards

Mohan Maalepalli

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!