“Worst Hotel Experience I Have EVER Had” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Worst Hotel Experience I Have EVER Had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If I could give the hotel a negative rating I would. The staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Our first morning at the hotel my boyfriend and I tried to order room service but the concierge wasn't sure if the hotel even offered room service. They transferred our call to the restaurant and the wait staff informed us they did in fact offer room service but the restaurant was too busy and we would have to wait at least an hour. So we decided just to go down the restaurant ourselves. When we arrived we saw that the restaurant was completely empty (except for us and the two waiters). We immediately ordered coffee (noting that we were in a hurry to get to a wedding - the whole reason we were at this horrible hotel in the first place) and our waiter disappeared. After ten minutes we complained to the other waiter that we still had not received our coffee. That waiter disappeared into the kitchen. We waited for 20 minutes and no one ever came back to give us our coffee or check on us so we were forced to leave.

Unfortunately, that was the best part of our experience at the Totowa Holiday Inn. The rooms seemed clean enough, but the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and the hotel was more expensive than nicer hotels in the area. Everyone on the staff was rude to us, and on top of all that, when I got my credit card bill I found that the hotel overcharged us. When I complained to the management they refused to deal with the issue and so I had to go to the corporate complaints department. Unfortunately the matter is still unresolved and I'm still out my almost $80. The experience was so horrible I don't think I will ever stay at another Holiday Inn. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Laura N,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
St. Paul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

As other reviewers said, it is quite loud at night. The bathroom light could not be turned off so I had to leave the door closed. The hotel is very industrial looking. Latoya was very helpful in trying to get a taxi. The next morning, they tried calling for a cab several times and it never showed. It isn't real easy to get to and if you don't have a car, this isn't the place for you. Finally had to have someone from work come get me. I'll stay at a different hotel next time with shuttle service. It's clean which is the only thing it had going for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicopee, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is located near many shops and restaurants. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, but not so clean. The sheets were stained and had blood on them, we thought housekeeping would change them but they just redid the beds with the same sheets. There was mold in the bathroom. A couple of lights were out in our room but the staff took care of it as soon as we called it in. The food was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Brenda V,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to read you found our location convenient and the rooms comfortable and spacious, however, it is disappointing to read that your stay was negatively affected by our housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused you. I would like to assure you that we take each comment seriously as it has always been the goal of our hotel to deliver only the best quality services. Your feedback will be forwarded to the department involved to address your concerns.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The price is right and near the mall we also used the expercise machines lots of fun there, the rooms are big too and very clean place. we slep there mainly on the weekend so not to be bothered with the kids, we do shopping at the mall then stright to the hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The receptionist was polite and friendly. He found our reservation fast and directed us to our room on the 5th floor. We noticed nail clippings on the rug in the room. The carpet had obviously not been vacuum cleaned. There was other dirt on the rug as well. They moved us to another room. There was also some dirt on the rug in this room as well. They may need to purchase new vacuum cleaners. There was lipstick on the wine glass in the bar. This hotel is also expensive for its location and what it offers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We staied there several times and the people always nice for meeting and stuff the location is right on the highway can not be missed, we liked the top floor for the view the noice is really minimum even though it is on the highway oh and it is not far from Willibrook mall we sure to come again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Everything was great. I love the look of the rooms. I did the hotel impossible test to see if the room was clean and I couldn't find and dust or dirt. Also when I first got there my room was not ready but I was immediately given another room. I received a call around 9pm to check in how my stay was going and I'd there was anything I needed. I thought this was great. Never experienced that at other hotels. All employees were very nice and attentive to my husband and I. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again and any Holiday Inn. I hope all Holiday Inns have exceptional service like this one.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!