“Difficult to find.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
Reston, Virginia
“Difficult to find.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The receptionist was polite and friendly. He found our reservation fast and directed us to our room on the 5th floor. We noticed nail clippings on the rug in the room. The carpet had obviously not been vacuum cleaned. There was other dirt on the rug as well. They moved us to another room. There was also some dirt on the rug in this room as well. They may need to purchase new vacuum cleaners. There was lipstick on the wine glass in the bar. This hotel is also expensive for its location and what it offers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We staied there several times and the people always nice for meeting and stuff the location is right on the highway can not be missed, we liked the top floor for the view the noice is really minimum even though it is on the highway oh and it is not far from Willibrook mall we sure to come again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Everything was great. I love the look of the rooms. I did the hotel impossible test to see if the room was clean and I couldn't find and dust or dirt. Also when I first got there my room was not ready but I was immediately given another room. I received a call around 9pm to check in how my stay was going and I'd there was anything I needed. I thought this was great. Never experienced that at other hotels. All employees were very nice and attentive to my husband and I. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again and any Holiday Inn. I hope all Holiday Inns have exceptional service like this one.

• Stayed August 2012
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

easy to get in from all over, nice shops around it plus the mall is not far from it, parking is easy, and good working people, we stayed over the weekend and it was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks. The rooms are clean and spacious.
But the staff is not very courteous, very few of them smile.

Breakfast is good. The staff at the ruby lounge are nice and helpful.

Note: The air-conditioning in the room is outdated and makes noise, so if you really want to sleep you may not like this hotel at all.

Overall, considering the courteousness part, the stay was good. It could have been best.

Room Tip: If you dont have a car, it is difficult to get taxis... from here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear ca_yusuf,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. I'm pleased you liked your room accommodation and the breakfast. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you had with the poor service from our staff and the air conditioner. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Ten years ago we stayed in this hotel when my niece got married. Luckily, we are back for a stay for family events,Birthday,Father's Day, Recitals, and my Grandson's graduation. The location is excellent. The staff was absolutely great and accomadating, The manager welcomes the guests with a smile and lets you know that he and his staff are at your service. The breakfast is delicious! There is ample free parking. The rooms are large and clean. We've found our home away from home at a great price.

Room Tip: Originally I wanted a room with a view of the river,but you could hear the noise at times from the f...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed there for one night. It is a great location for weddings in that area, seems like most of the guests were part of some wedding party.

The room was fabulous for $100/night. The staff were very courteous and friendly. I would not hesitate going back there and staying again if I'm in the area. The only thing is that the breakfast there is very average.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!