“Awesome, but......” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Toms River
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Awesome, but......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at the ramada while on business. The hotel itself was awesome. It was recently renovated. Bed was nice, everything was great until I went for dinner at the hotel lounge Angels.

The bar was very nice and clean like the rest of the hotel. The bartender was more interested in the pilots from the nearby military base. Everything on the menu... When I finally got service was overpriced. Kids meal... Hot dog and fries... 10.00?!

I tried to get a steak, filet / delmonico/ tbone... Sold out.

I next tried a order of French fries to pass the time... 10.00?!

I settled for a cheese steak, overly greasy and not the good for 13.00.

The hotel is great but the bar not so much. Overpriced and if your not a pilot forget about service.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Charlie H,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Ramada Toms River. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations in our newly renovated guest rooms. We are very happy with the turnout, and we have been receiving a lot of great feedback. We do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with our on-site restaurant's service and food options. This is not typical of Angles as we usually receive great feedback. This has been addressed with management to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were visiting family in the area, and I didn't want a long drive between family and the hotel, so the Ramada fit the bill nicely. From the AARP website, I was able to get a room for just under $100/night for two nights. We had stayed at this hotel years ago, and, at best, I thought the room was just ok. This time, I had a much better opinion.

There have been a lot of recent renovations. We had two double beds that were actually closer in size to queen beds. These were new beds with very comfortable (and VERY HIGH) mattresses. The bathroom had also been renovated, with an up-to-date shower/tub. The sink went from wall to wall, which left plenty of room for our toiletries.

While the bathroom floor was the conventional tile you would see in just about any hotel room, the bedroom floor was parquet. I'll admit it looked very classy, but I still prefer carpet on the floor. There was a small carpet between the two beds.

I think they've also added some soundproofing. I don't recall hearing any noise from the adjoining rooms or hallway. I could hear just a little noise from outside--our room was facing NJ Route 70--but the noise wasn't enough to bother you.

Finally, they updated the ventilation system. You could quickly raise or lower the room temperature. I did think the system was a bit noisy, and there was no fan speed selector.

Overall, I was pleased. I think the room was a good value for the money. I've stayed at nicer rooms, for a lot more money, and I've stayed at rooms that weren't as nice, and cost more than the Ramada.

If I need a hotel in the area again, I would certainly want to stay at the Ramada again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear jerrys01,

Thank you! We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay at the Ramada Toms River! We are also glad that you enjoyed all of our brand new renovations to our guest rooms. We have been working hard to complete the renovations and have been hearing a lot of great feedback. Thank you again for the great review, and we look forward to your next stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have now stayed at this hotel twice and had the same experience each time. On weekends it is a very popular wedding venue. As a result, rowdy guests are in the halls until 1 or 2 am in the morning. It is impossible to sleep through the noise and commotion. The staff at the hotel are very nice and the hotel clearly needs the weddings as a source of revenue. My suggestion would be that the hotel is fine for stays except on weekends (unless of course you are part of the wedding party).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear rgag1,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Ramada Toms River. We apologize that you experienced some noise during the night of your stay. We do have many weddings that take place on the weekends, but we do our best to keep wedding guests separate from other guests to make sure the noise isn't an inconvenience. Again, we apologize this was your experience, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Dfw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. Very comfortable and quiet location. The best hotel bed I've ever slept on. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Jo Stickney B,

Thank you for this great review! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Ramada Toms River, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Ramada Toms River

Been to Ramada Toms River? Share your experiences!