I stayed here for two nights and it was very good but not "award winning." Upon walking in your room there is a paper that talks about how great the hotel is...the proof is in the pudding.
I reserved a smoke-free room and pleasantly asked the front desk attendant upon checkin that I loathe cigarette smoke in a hotel room and need a smoke free room. She assured me it was. Upon arriving in my room I entered a room someone smoked in (it was designated smoke free but housekeeper should have let someone know). When I went back to the front desk, the young lady acted as if I was bothering her. I had to apologize! Not award winning and the manager was there.
My next room was nice, which is why I gave it four stars. Big tv; large bed; nice decor; large bathroom with granite vanity. No problem there. Strong wi-fi, good water pressure, and hot water.
Other minor issues (sorry I have to):
1) One elevator for for the entire hotel. This includes housekeepers. I ended up using the stairs. For the elderly and handicapped, they could wait a long time.
2) Nice shower heads but they are very low. I am 6 feet but some fellas are much taller. You have to bend to wash you head.
3) Facility next door has lots of strange men walking around. I would be worried about my wife
4) Coffee pot is directly above toilet. Fecal comtamination?
All in all a nice place but do not throw it down your guests throats when you are simply good. The nicest people I met were the housekeepers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a Toms River hotel? The Ramada of Toms River, proud winner of the prestigious Ramada Presidents Award in 2007, offers a blend of comfort and convenience which is unparalleled among Toms River NJ hotels. The Ramada features 153 contemporary guest rooms and suites including Jacuzzi rooms and many newly renovated executive suites, each featuring a full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The Versailles Ballroom is perfect for weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, sweet 16's, and other special events up to 350 people. Meeting packages and facilities are also available for corporate groups. The Ramada of Toms River is located in Ocean County near exit 88 of the Garden State Parkway, at the juncture of Route 70 and Route 9, near Lakewood, Bay Head, Point Pleasant, Lakehurst, Manchester, Seaside Heights, and Brick. Local corporations and attractions in our area include the Lakewood Industrial Park, Lakehurst NAES, Georgian Court University, Ocean County College, Historic Strand Theatre in Lakewood, Robert Miller Air Park, and Oyster Creek/Exelon Power Plant. We are just 5 minutes from Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball at FirstEnergy Park, 10 minutes from the Ritacco Center/Poland Springs Arena, 20 minutes from Point Pleasant Beach and Boardwalk, and about 60 minutes from Newark Liberty International and Atlantic City. Guests must be 21 or older to check in (please ask for complete details - some restrictions apply). Valid photo ID and credit card required at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Toms River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Toms River / Lakewood Hotel Toms River
- Toms River Ramada