“Nice place but please stop throwing "Award Winning" in our faces; your place is good but not excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Toms River

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Toms River
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and it was very good but not "award winning." Upon walking in your room there is a paper that talks about how great the hotel is...the proof is in the pudding.

I reserved a smoke-free room and pleasantly asked the front desk attendant upon checkin that I loathe cigarette smoke in a hotel room and need a smoke free room. She assured me it was. Upon arriving in my room I entered a room someone smoked in (it was designated smoke free but housekeeper should have let someone know). When I went back to the front desk, the young lady acted as if I was bothering her. I had to apologize! Not award winning and the manager was there.

My next room was nice, which is why I gave it four stars. Big tv; large bed; nice decor; large bathroom with granite vanity. No problem there. Strong wi-fi, good water pressure, and hot water.

Other minor issues (sorry I have to):
1) One elevator for for the entire hotel. This includes housekeepers. I ended up using the stairs. For the elderly and handicapped, they could wait a long time.
2) Nice shower heads but they are very low. I am 6 feet but some fellas are much taller. You have to bend to wash you head.
3) Facility next door has lots of strange men walking around. I would be worried about my wife
4) Coffee pot is directly above toilet. Fecal comtamination?

All in all a nice place but do not throw it down your guests throats when you are simply good. The nicest people I met were the housekeepers.

• Stayed February 2013
Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Anthony G,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Inn Toms River. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize that you experienced a minor issue with your first room, but I'm glad that we were able to resolve the problem and promptly get you into a new room.

We always appreciate feedback from our guests and will take your notes into consideration.

Thank you again for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor and we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Ramada Inn Toms River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
SPRINGFIELD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was good until we got a phone call at 11 o'clock at night claiming to be the front desk asking for my credit card information again When we went down to the front desk because my wife was smart enough not to give him the information over the phone the front desk know nothing about it so somebody was trying to steal a credit card The front desk should have access to incoming phone call's so they can stop this from happening

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Kenneth M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Toms River on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We do apologize for the phone inconvenience you experienced. We haven't heard of an incident like this occurring before, and we are glad you brought it to our attention. We will take the necessary steps to stop this from happening again.

Ramada Toms River

Been to Ramada Toms River? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Toms River

Address: 2373 Route 9, Toms River, NJ 08755
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Toms River
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Toms River
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Toms River 3*
Looking for a Toms River hotel? The Ramada of Toms River, proud winner of the prestigious Ramada Presidents Award in 2007, offers a blend of comfort and convenience which is unparalleled among Toms River NJ hotels. The Ramada features 153 contemporary guest rooms and suites including Jacuzzi rooms and many newly renovated executive suites, each featuring a full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The Versailles Ballroom is perfect for weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, sweet 16's, and other special events up to 350 people. Meeting packages and facilities are also available for corporate groups. The Ramada of Toms River is located in Ocean County near exit 88 of the Garden State Parkway, at the juncture of Route 70 and Route 9, near Lakewood, Bay Head, Point Pleasant, Lakehurst, Manchester, Seaside Heights, and Brick. Local corporations and attractions in our area include the Lakewood Industrial Park, Lakehurst NAES, Georgian Court University, Ocean County College, Historic Strand Theatre in Lakewood, Robert Miller Air Park, and Oyster Creek/Exelon Power Plant. We are just 5 minutes from Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball at FirstEnergy Park, 10 minutes from the Ritacco Center/Poland Springs Arena, 20 minutes from Point Pleasant Beach and Boardwalk, and about 60 minutes from Newark Liberty International and Atlantic City. Guests must be 21 or older to check in (please ask for complete details - some restrictions apply). Valid photo ID and credit card required at check in. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ramada Toms River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Toms River / Lakewood Hotel Toms River
Toms River Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Toms River, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.