“Close to shore” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 State Route 37 West, Toms River, NJ 08755 (Formerly Quality Inn Toms River)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Toms River
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Close to shore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great place to stay. Clean and comfortable. Nice pub and pool. DJ and dancing on Friday and Saturday nights. The shore is about 15 minutes away. Close to Garden State Parkway. Would stay there again...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for the 4 star review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our weekend entertainment @ Ike's Pub & Grill! Your review will be shared with all of our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, Thank you!

Clarion Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel was very clean and staff was very helpful in what I needed. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Even though this is only a hotel, to make it better they should have a staff member help with luggage. As far as security is concerned in making sure your vehicle is safe while on a trip if you were to leave your vehicle there, the CCTV camera's and warning signs should be in sight and a security or staff member should be making rounds. They should always be visible to hotel guests. When making a reservation, staff members need to communicate. After making my reservation and checking in on my arrival date, the other staff member didn't realize it was paid for in advance since it was never put into the system showing as paid. Communication between staff members needs a little work. However, overall I will give this hotel a 4.5.

Room Tip: Know the type of room you need before booking. Save money and become a "Choice Member."
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your 5 star hotel review! We appreciate all of your feedback, and comments. Your review will be shared with all of our staff and management. Thank you again for staying with us.

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The Clarion fit the needs of my business trip to Tom's River. Staff was nice and able to accommodate my needs. Room was clean, and well kept. My room was a little humid and damp. Even with the air conditioning turned up, this did not help.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for completing a hotel review for us. We appreciate your recognition of our staff, and apologize greatly for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We hope you decide to try us again, when you're back in the area.

palisades, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Best hotel to stay at in Toms River. I have been staying here for years to go to the jersey shore. Breakfast Buffet is awesome! You will not get a better breakfast for $10 anywhere else. Bob Van Bochove runs an excellent hotel and you can see it by the dedicated staff that have been there throughout the years. Vera (Ike's Bar & Grill) & Kris (front desk) are wonderful as well as the entire staff from housekeeping to maintenance. They are like family when returning. The food is delicious at Ike's Bar and Grill inside the hotel and have great specials during happy hour. Front desk are so helpful and friendly. I had an issue with the shower and maintenance was right there to fix it as soon as I called. Needed more towels, housekeeping was right at my door even before I put the phone down. Staff is so pleasant and helpful. That is the excellent service you get at the Clarion! Outdoor pool is great, always clean and have towels handy. Easy access to the Garden State Parkway and plenty of shopping and restaurants near by. My family will not stay anywhere else when on vacation but the Clarion.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in this hotel. I have been coming here for years and have stayed on every f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your 5 star hotel review! We truly appreciate your loyalty and all of your compliments! Thank you for recognizing our great staff members. We're so glad you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast buffet, and the food at Ike's Pub & Grill! We look forward to seeing you again next time, and thank you again for staying with us every time you're in the area!

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Clarion was excellent to work with throughout the whole process of my wedding. The whole night the staff was amazing and our matre d Tammy went above and beyond our expectations! During cocktail hour we were doing pictures and Tammy brought us drinks and food since we werent in our room. My guests are still raving about how great the wedding was and the food and cake were amazing too. At the end of the night the staff brought everything to our room so we didn't have to. I definitely recommend anyone in the area getting married to do so here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 star review! We're so happy you were so thrilled with your wedding reception! We appreciate your compliments about our staff, the food, and your stay. Your review will be shared with all of our management and staff. Congratulations, and thank you again!

Pickerington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I attended a family funeral at short notice. We searched for hotels convenient and rated well. We choose the Clarion and were not disappointed. In fact we were pleasantly surprised. Right from our first call people were friendly and helpful. Once we were there they spent time helping with restaurant recommendations and looking up directions. The hotel was clean and in good repair. Everything worked well. The on site restaurant was also quite decent for a hotel and the breakfast buffet worked well. They charge $ 5 +tax each, but I think it was worth it as it was more than the usual complimentary one at most chains. Without even asking when I said we were coming for a funeral they offered a bereavement rate. On check out, although it is on the check-in fine print, I was a bit put off by a minimal charge for the in room safe insurance policy since we did not even use it. I suggested they roll it right into the room price rather than appear to jab folks with it. Instead they took it off our bill. I would recommend this property to anyone. It is in a quite convenient spot to most anything and a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for completing a hotel review for our property. We're so glad you found our hotel to be satisfying. Thank you for recognizing our staff as being so friendly and helpful, and we're happy our location was so convenient for you. Thank you again for staying with us!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This review is long overdue as I stayed at the Clarion in May but better late than never! I was there for a wedding and I must admit, I wasn't expecting to be so impressed with the accommodations. I am a total hotel snob and even stay at hotels in my own city, just for fun. I've stayed at almost every 4 and 5 star hotel in NYC so trust me; it takes a LOT to impress me. I usually stay away from the more budget-friendly hotel chains because I'm so picky but this Clarion isn't your typical 3 star hotel. Let me tell you why:

ROOMS
--The rooms are immaculate and the furniture was totally up to date and in good condition, not to mention HUGE. They have windows that actually open in addition to air conditioning that worked very well (I like to sleep in the cold).
--The water pressure was fantastic and the water stayed hot
--The toiletries were good enough to work on my long hair, which never happens
--The walls are either soundproofed or just really well-constructed because I didn't hear any outside noise
--Each room has a medium-sized fridge large enough to store your own food & drinks, as well as a microwave
--The beds are very comfortable (mattress not too hard or soft) and the bedding is of a proper thread count, soft and clean
--The sofa was actually very comfortable as well and pulls out into a bed, though I didn't use it and can't comment on how comfy it is as a bed

LOCATION & GROUNDS
--Perfect location, close to everything you need (liquor store, grocery, pharmacy, bank, restaurants & fast food)
--The grounds are well-kept and the parking lot is gigantic. You can pretty much have your pick of parking spots and get very close to your room, which is great if you have a serious over-packing problem like I do
--There is a lovely outdoor pool in the courtyard that is very clean and large enough to actually swim in, as opposed to a lot of the "pools" you find in newer hotels that are about 3 ft deep and could fit maybe ten people.

SERVICE:
--The hotel staff was very gracious and accommodating. Everyone was really nice and went out of their way to meet my ridiculous requests, such as bringing me a plate from the breakfast buffet because I was too hungover to get out of bed (room service doesn't start until lunchtime). Now that's what I call service!!
--Housekeeping is very respectful and even if you don't have the "DND" sign on your door, they don't start banging on your door at 8 am trying to clean. They are very quiet and courteous.

FOOD & DRINK
--The restaurant on site, which I believe is called Ike's, serves excellent pub food. They have a pretty decent menu selection and everything I tried was really fresh and good. It's a basic American menu but the quality is much higher than what I was expecting. Surprised again!
--The bar at Ike's doesn't skimp on the liquor and the prices are very reasonable, especially in comparison to NYC (I'm hesitant to say too much about the price, lest someone from the hotel reads this and decides to start charging more)

CONVENTION CENTER / RECEPTION HALL
--As I previously mentioned, I was in Tom's River for a wedding and the reception was at the hotel. I was surprised to see how large the reception hall was. They had a full DJ booth set up with all of the gear and a proper dance floor and still plenty of room for tables to comfortably seat all of the guests. It wasn't cramped at all, you had plenty of room to move among the tables and visit with everyone.
--The catering was great (though I don't know if this was provided by the hotel or not) and all of the staff on site for the wedding were professional and pleasant

And last, but not least:
PRICE
--The price for these rooms, considering everything I just mentioned, is really a steal. You can't get a better deal anywhere, not for the quality and service.

The one and only con for me was the fact that there wasn't an elevator on my side of the hotel (there may have been one somewhere else on the premises, I didn't ask) and I had to carry my heavy suitcases up the stairs. But it's only a two-story hotel and the stairs were wide so it really wasn't a big deal. I just figured I had to come up with something negative to say because no hotel is perfect ;-)

Take it from this hotel snob: If you care about cleanliness, comfort and service, the Clarion is your best bet in Tom's River.

Note: I totally forgot to take any pics due to my drunken stupor but I checked out the photos on their site and they are a proper representation of the rooms and grounds.

Room Tip: 2nd floor overlooking the pool was perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your excellent 5 star hotel review! We cannot say thank you enough for taking the time to recognize all of the areas of our hotel, and complimenting our services and staff! Your review is being shared with our entire Management team and all of our staff members. We are so glad you found your stay to be extremely satisfying, and you had such a great time at the wedding! We truly appreciate the compliments! Thank you again for staying with us!

Clarion Hotel Management

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!