“Excellent in every aspect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 State Route 37 West, Toms River, NJ 08755 (Formerly Quality Inn Toms River)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Toms River
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent in every aspect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This review is long overdue as I stayed at the Clarion in May but better late than never! I was there for a wedding and I must admit, I wasn't expecting to be so impressed with the accommodations. I am a total hotel snob and even stay at hotels in my own city, just for fun. I've stayed at almost every 4 and 5 star hotel in NYC so trust me; it takes a LOT to impress me. I usually stay away from the more budget-friendly hotel chains because I'm so picky but this Clarion isn't your typical 3 star hotel. Let me tell you why:

ROOMS
--The rooms are immaculate and the furniture was totally up to date and in good condition, not to mention HUGE. They have windows that actually open in addition to air conditioning that worked very well (I like to sleep in the cold).
--The water pressure was fantastic and the water stayed hot
--The toiletries were good enough to work on my long hair, which never happens
--The walls are either soundproofed or just really well-constructed because I didn't hear any outside noise
--Each room has a medium-sized fridge large enough to store your own food & drinks, as well as a microwave
--The beds are very comfortable (mattress not too hard or soft) and the bedding is of a proper thread count, soft and clean
--The sofa was actually very comfortable as well and pulls out into a bed, though I didn't use it and can't comment on how comfy it is as a bed

LOCATION & GROUNDS
--Perfect location, close to everything you need (liquor store, grocery, pharmacy, bank, restaurants & fast food)
--The grounds are well-kept and the parking lot is gigantic. You can pretty much have your pick of parking spots and get very close to your room, which is great if you have a serious over-packing problem like I do
--There is a lovely outdoor pool in the courtyard that is very clean and large enough to actually swim in, as opposed to a lot of the "pools" you find in newer hotels that are about 3 ft deep and could fit maybe ten people.

SERVICE:
--The hotel staff was very gracious and accommodating. Everyone was really nice and went out of their way to meet my ridiculous requests, such as bringing me a plate from the breakfast buffet because I was too hungover to get out of bed (room service doesn't start until lunchtime). Now that's what I call service!!
--Housekeeping is very respectful and even if you don't have the "DND" sign on your door, they don't start banging on your door at 8 am trying to clean. They are very quiet and courteous.

FOOD & DRINK
--The restaurant on site, which I believe is called Ike's, serves excellent pub food. They have a pretty decent menu selection and everything I tried was really fresh and good. It's a basic American menu but the quality is much higher than what I was expecting. Surprised again!
--The bar at Ike's doesn't skimp on the liquor and the prices are very reasonable, especially in comparison to NYC (I'm hesitant to say too much about the price, lest someone from the hotel reads this and decides to start charging more)

CONVENTION CENTER / RECEPTION HALL
--As I previously mentioned, I was in Tom's River for a wedding and the reception was at the hotel. I was surprised to see how large the reception hall was. They had a full DJ booth set up with all of the gear and a proper dance floor and still plenty of room for tables to comfortably seat all of the guests. It wasn't cramped at all, you had plenty of room to move among the tables and visit with everyone.
--The catering was great (though I don't know if this was provided by the hotel or not) and all of the staff on site for the wedding were professional and pleasant

And last, but not least:
PRICE
--The price for these rooms, considering everything I just mentioned, is really a steal. You can't get a better deal anywhere, not for the quality and service.

The one and only con for me was the fact that there wasn't an elevator on my side of the hotel (there may have been one somewhere else on the premises, I didn't ask) and I had to carry my heavy suitcases up the stairs. But it's only a two-story hotel and the stairs were wide so it really wasn't a big deal. I just figured I had to come up with something negative to say because no hotel is perfect ;-)

Take it from this hotel snob: If you care about cleanliness, comfort and service, the Clarion is your best bet in Tom's River.

Note: I totally forgot to take any pics due to my drunken stupor but I checked out the photos on their site and they are a proper representation of the rooms and grounds.

Room Tip: 2nd floor overlooking the pool was perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your excellent 5 star hotel review! We cannot say thank you enough for taking the time to recognize all of the areas of our hotel, and complimenting our services and staff! Your review is being shared with our entire Management team and all of our staff members. We are so glad you found your stay to be extremely satisfying, and you had such a great time at the wedding! We truly appreciate the compliments! Thank you again for staying with us!

Clarion Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had our 40 year high school reunion at this hotel. The banquet manager was amazing knowledgeable and very compliant. The day of the reunion I was completely and utterly pleased as the room was way beyond my expectations. The maître d' the waitstaff all the managers the staff and the crew made sure that each and everyone of our guests had an amazing time. There was so much food actually too much food and the food was absolutely delicious and the set up was perfect. I still can't get over the price that we were charged for everything that we received. Many of us stayed overnight in our hotel accommodations were very nice and comfortable. Thank you again to the Clarion for making our 40 year high school reunion more perfect that we ever expected.

• Stayed July 2014
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for the great 5 star hotel review! We are so pleased that everyone had such a wonderful time at the class reunion! Thank you for your compliments and for recognizing our staff and manager's. We're so glad you enjoyed all of the food, and your hotel stay. Thank you again for having your reunion with us, and for the great review!

Tolland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Awesome, clean/immaculate, friendly, accommodated family with young child & teen, great pool, convenient location, easy parking ,dining on premises, full breakfast buffet,15 mins to seaside heights/park! Excellent experience, high quality hotel. Will definite be back to this Clarion & others in the future!

Stayed July 2014
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for the great 5 star review! We're so glad you found your stay to be excellent! Thank you for all of your compliments, and we look forward to seeing you next time! Thank you again!

Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and personable. We were not allowed to use the pool because of strong thunderstorms in the forecast. The staff was working diligently to address a leak in a hallway after severe downpours. The buffet full breakfast was good and reasonably priced at $10/room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for completing a hotel review for us! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate all of your feedback. We hope to see you again soon when you're back in the area.
Thank you again for staying with us!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I along with my two nieces stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night. It was a last minute check in. We went to six flags and were too tired to drive back to NY. We checked in around 11 pm. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and even offered us a later check out for free seeing that we were so tired. The rooms were very clean and the bed was extra soft. I slept like a baby. We were only there one night, as we checked out Sunday at noon, so we didn't really get to enjoy the hotel. But there was a breakfast buffet with pretty good food. There is also a pool, unfortunately we didn't get to use it because we were only at the hotel a short time and just didn't have the time to do so. There was a night club/ bar within the hotel and it looked like a lot of fun. The hotel is near everything, so the location we good. I have no complaints about this hotel and recommend it. There was even free wifi

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star hotel review! We appreciate all of your feedback, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for all of the compliments, and we hope to see you again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel was good, nice restaurant and bar, clean pool. However I was not given an Internet password even though one was required. Also room service ends at 11:00 PM when the room menu says midnight.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for completing a hotel review for us. We're glad you enjoyed the restaurant, bar and our pool. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding other times of your stay. We hope you'll try us again, when you're back in the area.

Calabash, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The staff at this hotel was very pleasant and helpful. We were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly woman named Lori. The lobby is updated and attractive. We were delighted when Lori highly recommended Ike's Pub for dinner. We had been traveling all day and were surprised to find a restaurant in the hotel since most Choice Hotels don't have full service restaurants. The food was delicious.

Room Tip: Fortunately we were told by a friend that the hotel was behind the Burger King. It isn't visible...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for the great hotel review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate you recognizing our staff member. Thank you for the compliments and feedback!

Clarion Hotel Management

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!