“Sparkling Hotel for the Holidays!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 State Route 37 West, Toms River, NJ 08755 (Formerly Quality Inn Toms River)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Toms River
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Sparkling Hotel for the Holidays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. I was in town visiting family for a long holiday weekend. I was very tired from a long drive and thrilled to stay in such a clean hotel with wonderful amenities! The refrigerator and microwave in the room were extremely convenient for me. The staff was very accommodating, rooms very clean and location was convenient! I was pleasantly surprised to find that all the rooms contained brand new furniture too! Oh and the flat screen TV was awesome! All in all a very relaxing stay! I will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Originally had a room reserved at the Comfort Inn on Rt. 37. We got there on Christmas Eve to find out the one bedroom suite we reserved was a large room with a half wall separating the bedroom from the living room. We checked out & went to the Quality Inn. Julia was at the front desk & was extremely helpful. We asked for a suite or 2 adjoining rooms. The 2 suites were booked but they had the adjoining rooms. She gave us the AAA rate but we told her the Holiday Inn was $85 per night so she matched it. We got to the rooms & they were very nice (nothing fancy but spacious & clean). The bathroom was large, there was a coffee maker in each room & they had direct tv so there's a lot of channels to choose from. The beds were comfy. The bonus was they still had the breakfast buffet on Christmas day. There was a decent selection, coffee wasn't bad, danish was fresh.

The Quality Inn will be the hotel we stay at in Toms River from here on out.

They have a pool but it's closed for the season.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

i stay here 1 night every week for work , and have never had any bad experience, staff are friendly, managment is very much on top of things. most of the time i eat at the lounge, food is always good ,Jamie at the bar is great!.stayed at most of the other hotels in the area and this hotel is by far the best,and i have been staying in the area for the last 12 years.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I dropped in with a group of pilots for extended work out of RJ Miller Airpark. The service representative, Lisa, was incredibly helpful, friendly and professional, as have been all of the day and night managers. They even told the maids to keep it down when they learned that half of us were night shift. The facilities are nice, the restaurant/bar is very good and the current gym deal they have is icing on the cake. My team loves the gym passes to a huge fitness center with lap pool, jacuzzi and a separate gym for women (with child care). The hotel is busy all of the time with weddings, conventions and parties, but the rooms are quiet and well insulated. Though it's always nice to see folks all dressed up, when they close the bar/restaurant, you have to order room service to eat or go out. The food is excellent and the breakfast is outstanding, so that can be disappointing.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking, so smokers should pick a room near an exit.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I checked in to the Quality Inn after spending two nights at a nearby hotel where I had issues with the internet connection. To say I lucked out with the internet issues and had to change hotels for the remainder of my nearly two week stay is an understatement. Just to touch on all the highlights, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are clean, spacious with LCD televisions, a fridge, internet...essentially everything you need. Location is great, especially for those traveling to the base nearby, it's a 10 minute drive at most. Restaurants are plentiful in the area so another plus for the location...however, you won't need to find breakfast as the Quality Inn has a great free breakfast daily. Not a normal continental breakfast but eggs, pancakes, french toast, yogurt, muffins, bacon, sausage, fruit...pretty much everything. No sense in going to ihop when you have such a selection for free! Also the bar has happy hour daily with half off appetizers and drinks, nice setup with whatever sports interest you on display.

Now I ended up having to extend my stay an extra two nights (on a busy weekend at that) and I was worried that I'd have to change hotels again as I was told earlier in the week that the weekend was fully booked. However, I made a request to the management who quickly worked to ensure I didn't have to leave their hotel for the next two nights. It seemed that no sooner did I make the request did I receive a call back saying they were able to find a room for me (what a relief and thank you Lisa!) down the hallway from where I was currently staying. So I didn't have to hassle with changing hotels, and I got to try out a different room and was pleased just the same...clean, spacious, perfect as could be.

If you are staying in the Toms River area for a short trip or an extended stay like I did, do yourself a favor and book way ahead for the Quality Inn, you'll be glad you did. I know I'll be staying here again in my future trips!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was a Guest for several weeks from June '11 thru October '11. The Staff and Management right down to Tammy the Breakfast Host, PJ at the front desk and Heidi at the Bar. They really made my stay away from home very pleasant and memorable. Friendly and helpful. At times i even felt that i had never left home. I want to say that with Lisa at the helm this place ran ship shape. (Thank you ). You would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in the area. I will be back.

Room Tip: Talk w/Lisa she will make sure your stay is well worth your dollars spent.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011 via mobile

I want to say I was so completly happy with the quality inn in tomsriver.our wedding was amazing thanks to the staff.kevin is the banquet manager and donna is the banquet coordinator.thet both went above and beyond for us.from the very first meeting until the end of our wedding they were fantastic.i can almost garentee you will not find a better banquet hall for the price.kevin even customized our package to fit our needs. The wedding suite was beautiful amd compt. As part of our package. I would recomend this place to anyone who wants great quality that wont send u into debt. I hope the staff read this and know they made my husband and my dreams come true!!!!

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!