“They booked me for the wrong month!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 State Route 37 West, Toms River, NJ 08755 (Formerly Quality Inn Toms River)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Toms River
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clifton
“They booked me for the wrong month!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I called a month and half before the trip to book my 2 nights I called back and confirmed I had the reservation for those 2 nights and they confirmed. I got my confirmation number from them too. When I arrived they told me they don't have my reservation, I'm like I called twice and you confirmed it. The charged me $80 more than the rate originally given to me. At least they accompanied me with a room but I was upset that I had to pay more. Make sure you get a confirmation via email or mail.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I frequently bring in associates to the area, and always use this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, and my employees enjoy having refrigerators and microwaves in their rooms. Also, the free breakfast is great! I will continue to use the Quality Inn and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Excellent clean facility with ample parking. Very close to major roads but set back so traffic noise is not a problem. Minutes away to the ocean and shopping.The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was free, filling and tasty, and the hotel staff was very professsional. Weekday evenings the room was very quiet. Weekend evenings we could hear the music (mostly bass and drum) rumbles from the lounge opposite the reservation desk. Unfortunately, our room was situated near the reservation atrium area. All members of our party heard the noise. If not for this annoyance, the hotel would be close to a perfect 10.

Room Tip: Reserve a weekend room away from lounge area
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Efficient check in. Room was large, clean, and well equipped with the amenities we have come to expect (decent TV, coffee maker, hair dryer) but also had a small refrigerator and a microwave. Bed was comfortable. I think it had been recently remodeled as a part of some sort of up upgrade program.

Breakfast was the usual motel free breakfast, but also had hot scrambled eggs and bacon on a steam table. So sort of a cut above the norm.

Hotel is located west of the Garden state on Rte 31 but well back from it so noise from the road is not a factor.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Had a great stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Rye Brook, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I spent one night here for my high school reunion. It was the place that the reunion committee had selected and where they blocked rooms. I went with low expectations and was most pleasantly surprised. The young woman at the front desk was friendly, efficient and helpful. Our room was lovely--quiet, comfortable bed and nicely furnished including a flat screen TV. The complimentary breakfast was another really nice surprise. The location was most convenient--close to the Garden State Parkway. The pool was lovely and the grounds are very well maintained. Anyone who has reason to be in the TR area can't go wrong staying here. Great value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Excellent, friendly,helpful staff. Fantastic managenment.Very, very clean rooms, comfortable beds. Great clean pool. I stay at this hotel often and when I come back it's like my home away from home. Mr Bob Van really takes pride in his hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to get away and just relax or just for business purposes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!