“Jennifer Schel is great.” 5 of 5 stars

TR Hotel
290 Highway 37 East, Toms River, NJ 08753 (Formerly Holiday Inn Toms River)   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Toms River
Detroit, Michigan
“Jennifer Schel is great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I spent 3 weeks at the hotel. Jennifer is great!!!! She knows every guest by name and will greet you everyday as you come and go.,Her CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE! THE HOUSEKEEPING'S STAFF IS AWESOME!! The hotel is very clean and the bed are nice. The front deck did everything to make my stay nice, and the food is good.

Rickye R.

Room Tip: if you need anything just call the front desk they will take care of you.
Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Ricksolutions,

Wow! What a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jennifer made such a great impression. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff.

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Saun and Pool were great amenities.
Location was central.
Older hotel was OK.
The room was VERY NICE!
The Staff was best
Ask for Jennifer Schel when you need customer service that exceeds your EXPECTATIONS!
Happy Hour and Cookies in the afternoon were a nice bonus!
Dining Staff was friendly and provided very good service
A Big Thank You to Dana Lancelotti, Director of Sales for for making excellent accomodations at Hotels Unlimited Group of Properties in the Toms River, NJ Area.
Another Big "Thank You!!" to Dana & Staff for hosting a special Customer Appreciation Banquet/Party. The food was absolutely delicious! Thank you for the gifts, entertainment, everything!

Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Redana S,

Thank you for a wonderful 5-star review of the Holiday Inn Toms River! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities we have to offer our guests.

We all give you a big Thank You! for this spectacular review. Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

The palms restaurant was avery pleasant experience the entire staff wasfriendly. The food was great an served quickly. I especially noticed the manager sharon Gallo, she always
Has a smile and afriendly word of encouragement for my husband and I we were going through some rather difficult times. She joins her staff workin side by side with them not just giving orders and always finds time to inquire as to how her customers are doing. Other managers should take a lesson from her.....excellent.

• Stayed February 2013
Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi 6671,

Thank you for an amazing 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the food and the service at The Palms Restaurant at the Holiday Inn Toms River.

Your wonderful comments will be shared with Sharon and the entire staff.

Thanks again!
Lavallette, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hotel after losing my home due to Hurricane Sandy. In my time of need, the front desk manager was most helpful to not only me but many other guests as well.

Jennifer Schel in particular did everything she could to make my stay comfortable in a joyful and timely manner.

I felt compelled to write this review because, as a business owner myself I appreciate it when someone says something nice regarding me or my business as most people only mention the bad things.

Sumana J Hettiarachchige

Room Tip: Ask for Jennifer
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Sumana123,

Thank you so much for the kind 5-star review! We are so glad you were able to stay with us and that we were able to make your stay during a very stressful time a pleasurable one. We are very saddened that so many were displaced after Hurricane Sandy, but it's great to hear that we are able to help even a little.

Thank you again!

Nutley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently stayed with a group of friends and our children. It's been a long time since I stayed at a hotel with such wonderful staff. We were greeted by Jennifer at the front desk and it was like being greeted by a friend. She was very friendly to the kids and were able to get us rooms near each other. My daughter made sure she said Hi to Jennifer every time we went through the lobby. We ate at the restaurant twice for breakfast, twice for lunch and once for dinner. Lorraine was our server at EVERY meal. Despite having a packed restaurant, she was always friendly and helpful with the menu items. The only complaint about the restaurant was they were out of a few of the menu items we wanted and the bar was sparsely stocked. We often had to go with our third choice. The indoor pool was great, one of the best I've seen. My friends and I all agree that we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear EAP4311,

Thank you so much for an amazing 5-star review! We are all so glad to hear that you and your family completely enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Toms River.

Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for the Home Show at the Pine Belt Arena and got an eye and ear full. There were Red Cross, Savation Army and the clean up crews needed because of Sandy. I especialy felt for those who were staying here because they had no home left. The Staff handled the goings on with great patience and humor. I left my ball cap in the room after checking out so I called them to see if they had it. I was phoned about twenty mins. later to be told that it was being held at the desk.

Room Tip: New Jersey roads are hard to get used to. What's a Jugg Handle?
Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear dandapatioman,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

West Nyack, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hi, first off I feel like I am easy to please, but I'm really annoyed with my choice of hotels. I'm in town for a funeral, and I debated back and forth between the days inn and the holiday inn. I haven't traveled much in the past few months with a new infant and a small child I'd much rather stay at home or with family. This trip demanded a lot of family traveling so I had no choice. I called both hotels before booking and got pleasant staff who told me about the hotels etc. Ashley was helpful and I even called the rewards program line to retrieve my program number etc. I ended up choosing holiday inn because they said they could accommodate me with a crib, the pool and sauna were open, no construction was being done, they had a restaurant, and the number one reason was the service I received from the woman on the rewards line when I called. I even waited for five minutes on hold to make sure her supervisor new the reason I booked with holiday inn. Okay so here comes the ugly. I called before leaving home to request my room have a crib ( also written on my reservation. I got into town at 12:30 and called to see if I could check in early, was told no, earliest I could be checked in was 3. I said okay I understand ( I had been told on a previous phone call that they are booked up from sandy victims, no suites or connecting rooms available.) but can you make sure I have a crib in my room. Nicole told me that it was no problem. So I come into the hotel just after three twenty I wait to check in because phones etc line. No problems. I check in and ask for help with finding a family friendly restaurant for ten family members etc....great help there. So I unload my car and children, my sister who is handicapped etc, and bring everything to my room. I get up there and there isn't a crib. I ran back Dow stairs and to my car for something because there was a line and phone ringing again. I wait in line and the girl at the desk has changed but she says sure she will send the crib right up and she has a guy in house and ready. I thank her and go as I hear her tell someone to bring me a crib. Five thirty I call the front desk because I'm still waiting for the crib and I've got a cranky sleepy baby. In the meantime I had unpacked and killed two bugs ...I've got kids and beetle type bugs ( we call them stink bugs) don't really offend me as long as they aren't all over or in my bed . Although finding a second one disturbed me since housekeeping was still on my floor when I checked in. I used the stairs for one of.my trips because they had the two elevators blocked off. Anyways I'm put. On hold for seven minutes to basically be told they are out of cribs. No one ever had the decency to inform me of this, I had to wait two hours and call them. Secondly if someone told me in the morning I could have brought my own pack and play. Thirdly my relatives could have even at three o clock . They wanted me to switch rooms to the fourth floor where I could sleep on a sofa pull out with my daughter so that I could use the wall to keep her on the sofa. She's eight months old and can crawl and walk while holding things. There is no way I am going to endanger her safety thank you for the offer though. So after we all left for dinner (changed are minds about eating with the hotel restaurant, because I went to check out the pool only to see a sign stating that the sauna was closed for routine maintenance) I got to run to target at quarter to ten at night and buy a pack and play. Guess what, the store didn't have sheets for it but at least I got her a crib. Now she's in it with a spare blanket from the front desk (thank you Jennifer) but I'm so angry I can't sleep. Everyone has been very nice and very friendly, and I appreciate that, but getting customers by pretty lies is not fair. I paid almost forty dollars more to stay here because I was happy to see such nice customer service in a world were service seems to be long gone. Now I'm really regretting it. Having a restaurant on site that we didn't even use to it because of the crib/pool incident wasn't worth the trouble. We plan on checking out in the morning after breakfast and so does the rest of our family and guests in town for the funeral. It's sad that I haven't been to a holiday inn in such a long time and this was such an awful trip.
There is a very small workout area ,I believe three machines total. Elevators are slow and smaller but there is more than one. The restaurant staff seemed pleasant when I stopped In ,with a full menu breakfast, lunch, dinner( not sure of pricing). Our sink doesn't seem to drain fast. Sheets and bedding are clean, you may need to ask for extras. We booked for three adults one child and an infant and only received two bath towels. The gentleman who brought us a blanket also was helpful with towels. When I checked in the bellhop cart wheels didn't really go but the man picking up room service told me to leave it in the hall and he would take it away. So there seems to. Be a lot of very pleasant staff, but not enough supplies and the front desk needs more staff for sure or a reception line for phone calls to be directed to during busy times.

Room Tip: Another guest told me the fourth floor is nicer with better water flow for toilets/sinks. Full size...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at TR Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear SallySecNy,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Toms River. Our guests and their experience with us is our number one priority, and this situation should have been handled very differently and we apologize for that. We have been very busy following Hurricane Sandy with families without homes and FEMA workers, but this should not affect the customer service we provide to all our guests. The entire staff has been instructed how to handle situations like this moving forward.

Again we sincerely apologize this was your experience with the Holiday Inn Toms River, and we appreciate the positive comments you left.

Been to TR Hotel? Share your experiences!