“Conflicted” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 West Water St, New Jersey Parkway Exit # 81, Toms River, NJ 08753   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Toms River
Philadelphia, New York
“Conflicted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here due to the fact that we wanted to goto to beach and that the hotel was pet friendly. The first stay was for 3 nights and then we stayed here again for another night a few days later. The first stay started out weird.
My husband booked the 3 nights for $559 and then I called to check and see if they had anything cheaper with the king non smoking room... We then got a totally different quote for $370- Huge difference and we were glad I called back...
When we arrived, we were so tired... We didn't really care what the place looked like. The bed was comfy and that was what we wanted. The front desk guy was very nice and helpful! However, when we got up and went downstairs to the "contenintal" breakfast... It was a joke. There were old bagels and doughnuts. Needless to say, we didn't eat any of that.
On the 2nd stay we were able to do an early check in which was fabulous, cause again we were exhausted! We got an "updated/ remodeled" room which, by appearance was nice, but it couldn't have been completed yet... Nothing matched, the shower wall was cracked really bad and the floor (although it looked nice) was a major hazard! The floor was a laminate wood, which looked new, but it was soooo slippery. My dog even had a hard time bending down to eat/ drink. I can't tell you how many times I almost slipped!
I don't know about any bed bugs... I certainly had bites on my legs, but I never saw any bugs and we were at the beach and there are a lot of flys and who knows what else flying around on the boardwalk...
We also didn't like the fact that the other hotel "residence" folks would smoke out on the main landings and flick their cigarettes on ya while you were wlking up the stairs... Not the most inviting. We never ran into anyone doing anything illegal or fighting or being rude...
I can tell you one thing... for the value of the hotel and the atmosphere... The pice of the hotel is more than it should be... I was glad I called back and got a cheaper quote cause I would have really been ticked if we had paid $559 for the 3 nights. I even think that $370 was to much...
Over all... would I stay here again?... Maybe... If we couldn't find somewhere else. The no pet fee was great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

After searching online for a decent affordable hotel my friends and I came across red roof inn in Toms river, NJ. When we get into our room it smelled like an ash tray yet we asked for a non smoking room. They told us the rooms had a fridge but my room did not. The beds were so Gross they had dry blood/ dirt stains on the side.

As I was outside enjoying the breeze this one room had people who were yelling death threats to each other and as I walked by there was a big fight inside the room and I immediately walked back into my room because I did not feel safe.

As the night went by we kept getting weird people knocking on our doors asking if we have any "weed" these people had to be on crack my friends and I felt so out of our comfort zone staying there I would never recommend this hotel for anyone. Random drunk/high people just randomly knocking on our doors and walking around late at night.They should close this hotel down because their web site is very deceiving.

The bathrooms were gross as well. Nothing about the room made me feel comfortable everything was dirty smelly and old. This hotel should be $1 per night the same that the dirty crackheads charge to stay there. My friends and I promised never to go there again and make sure to let our own friends and family know how gross and nasty this hotel was.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I spent 1 night last week and woke up itching all night. In the morning I found I had been bitten by bed bugs over 50 times! My husband searched the bed to confirm and found the little creatures!! A week later I'm still itching my reaction was so severe I had to go to the ER will red roof pay for my $100 copay and prescription???

• Stayed May 2012
, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
I apologize you felt you had less than perfect stay with us. We strive to keep our rooms in excellent cleanliness condition and free of pests. We routinely get service to our rooms and inspection to ensure rooms are free of pests.Since your post on Trip Advisor we have taken precautionary measures to thorougly inspect the room you reported the problem with. The inspection company did not find any evidence of the pests you have mentioned.If, would like to disucss this further with the hotel,please feel free to contact me at the hotel.
(General Manager)
Bath, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This dump should be condemned by the Better Business Bureau and the city of Tom's River. Bed bugs, rotten service, ect. I've never stayed in such a disgusting place like this. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tony S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize that the management was not able to meet your expectation. We have this place treated regularly by a reputable pest management company that serves nationwide. Our guest concerns are considered serious;this puts independent owners and franchisees reputation on the line.
We will be happy to talk to you and your recomendation will be respected and implemented.
We hope you will give us one more oppurtunity to serve you in the near future.

(General Manager)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boss stayed there last night thursday may 10 after along days work at first I was relived to finaly relax. I went down to the bar and had a beer then went back up watched some tv and then passed out I woke up around 3 am with over 15 bug bites on my legs stomach and arm. I was furious and when.i asjed my boss if he got bit and he said no I sat there for three more hours sleepless becuz I knew I wasnt losing my mind. Six oclock rolled around and I went down to the lobby for a bagel and the toaster oven was disgusting. After avoiding the urge to scream and yell I packed up my bags and left.....three hours later I was looking at my leg and what do ya know a bedbug had somehow hitched a ride on me for lunch!!!! I swear to god I will never stay at a red roof inn again in this life or the next.

• Stayed May 2012
Tony S, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize you had less than perfect stay at our location. Our rooms are regularly treated and inspected by a reputable pest control company. We certainly take all guest concerns seriously. Your concerns has been brought to my attention and I have asked a pest control service company to thoroughly inspect the room you had stayed in, room 314 and the rooms next to this room as well just for added precautions. We received an all clear report. If you would like to discuss anything further regarding this incident, please contact me directly at the hotel.We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

. in this boring town of drifters, derelicts, drug dealers, and deadbeats, this disgusting diseased dump encourages the worst of slithering subhumanity. like a real real bad movie with screaming, fighting, loud music, prostitutes , roaches ,and drugs everywhere , all which i would describe as a shrieking nightmare . local law enforcement arrests , surveillance and warnings to the management are well known. .should be closed down !!

Room Tip: do not stay here even at your own risk
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tony S, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you have negative feelings about our location. We are local business owners trying to conduct professional and courteous business in the Toms River, NJ area. We take the security of our guests very seriously. We have regular monitoring of our grounds to ensure that all guests have a quiet and comfortable stay with us. We serve a diverse clientele and hope to treat everyone equally and fairly. Should there be any need to involve the local authorities we certainly take immediate action to ensure the safety of not only our valued guests but also our employees. Your comments are certainly appreciated and will be taken seriously. We hope you will find the opportunity to visit us again so we may serve your lodging needs. Should you feel the need to contact the front desk to have a more comfortable stay in the near future, please don't hesitate to do so.

New London, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I visit NY pretty often for official purposes and I find Red Roof Inn in Secaucus pretty convenient. There is good transportation from POA to the hotel during the busy hours. They are renovating their rooms and are really good for the price.
I first stayed in Red Roof Inn at Buffalo and since then this has been the hotel I look for anywhere I go.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!