“Employees need serious training on proper customer service.” 3 of 5 stars

1315 Hooper Ave, Toms River, NJ 08753
732-557-5313
Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 242 Restaurants in Toms River
“Employees need serious training on proper customer service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Hostess wasn't friendly. Our waitress was very nice at first and then quickly went downhill. My boyfriend had to get up three times to find our waitress for a drink, for condiments, and for our check. She only had three tables at the time. The table next to us had to ask the hostess for a refill and condiments. It seemed as if she was avoiding us. After sitting there with our table full of dirty dishes that were clearly finished, a manager asked of we needed the check. Our waitress never returned to say thank you or even check how the food was. As a full time waitress myself, it takes a lot for me to think the service is bad. I feel horrible tipping less than 25% because I know what it's like to service customers all day. But as for this restaurant, not one employee seemed interested in receiving any sort of tip. Like if you don't like your job, quit. Don't make happy paying customers have a bad experience for no reason.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Toms River, New Jersey
“Chain food experience and quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We went there twice, and believe it or not, the first time, they had run out of chili and my husband was furious about it, despite the name of the place and the signs hung around the place that read "Eat more chili". The second time we went and the chili was good, but we make better at home. The burgers were huge and greasy, but I was in the mood for that and it hit the spot.

Visited August 2011
Dublin
“Expected so much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Nice Cocktails, good service. Had heard so much about the ribs here but they left me wanting more. Bland and quite tough.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jersey Shore
“Wow, I had a great hamburger here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Been here a few times before and like the other reviewer said, typical chain place. The last time I was here I sat at the bar and my beers were only about 80% full. (One of my pet peeves) But I will write this review on the this visit only.
I love hamburgers. This was one of the best I have had in a long time. It was an "Ultimate Stacked Burger" Tasty and just juicy enough not to run down your shirt. I had a hard time getting my mouth around it, but I managed. And this trip, my beers were full.
This is a Mexican restaurant, but I don't do Mexican, so don't judge my review based on that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Pretty much what you would expect”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

It's a typical member of the chain, albeit relatively new. Typical problems like, cold soup and inattentive service. But you probably know what to expect when you hit a chain restaurant and this no different.