“You would think it would be better” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 219 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here is the restaurant websitehttp://www.theofficelounge.net/
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“You would think it would be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is not a bad review, but its also not a good review. What I found wrong, the eating area is too dark, you really can't see the food when its placed in front of you. It would make you think they are trying to hide something. The food was good, but it wasn't great. The sitting area was crowded, we are not large people, just want to be able to lift our arms when sitting at the table. The outside person almost has to sit in the isle, no room for a purse, you must place it on the floor, even with a table purse hanger, there isn't room to hang on your lap. Forget it if you have a coat to remove. If you are waiting for friends to arrive, you must stand in the entrance until you entire group arrives. So the food is adverage, I could go someplace else.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

The Villages, Florida
“Average food and a little dingy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a late lunch here with an old friend who we hadn't seen in 10 years. The staff was gracious to let us sit in a booth for three hours; we had told them about our reunion.

The restaurant is dark with high wooden booths and dim lighting. Service station is right opposite the booths, which can be annoying to watch servers clearing food into carry out dishes.

The menu is varied with daily specials from sandwiches and salads to full meals. We had flounder, which was average, at best. Our friend had the shrimp special which was plentiful. The price was very reasonable so that matched the quality of food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Absecon, New Jersey
“Sushi went downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I use to live in the area and loved getting Sushi here. We took a ride to the area to see family and decided to grab some sushi for old time sake. We were so disappointed, I don't know what happened if it was an off night but the sushi was not the same. I ordered a spider roll which has been scaled down from a few years ago since our last visit and my husbands sushi rolls fell right apart from improper technique I suppose. The man who made our food wasn't the man that's been behind that counter for years so maybe in addition to downsizing the portions we had a chef that was in training. Doesn't matter at that price, we left hungry and disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Good food Decent prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Been there a couple times: The first time we ate in the restaurant, food was good and the prices were fair. Did not try the Sushi, but other folks there said it was great. Second time we ate the bar to watch a game on a Sunday. Once again the food was very good, and the service was great even though the place was packed. The only negative was the noise in the bar was very high, but its was during a game with TV's on all over the place so it wasnt unexpected. We look forward to going back soon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewisburg, PA
“Standard-issue bar fare, don't expect to be overwhelmed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I see some people like the sushi here, but as I have an allergy to seafood I can't attest to that. However. I went to The Office with a large group of family and, in general, thought that the food and atmosphere were completely run-of-the-mill sports bar standard. There were TVs everywhere so if you're looking for a place to watch a game I bet this is perfect. Even though we were in during an off-time it was busy and lively, so I'm sure if you're looking for a place that's noisy and participative, where you could hang out with some locals and get lost in the crowd it would be perfect. The food was entirely expected; nobody was blown away by anything, but it delivered exactly what it promised to deliver and did so at reasonable prices. I won't race anyone to go there again, but neither would I protest if I was with a group of people who decided that this was where they wanted to go. A caveat to the by the glass wine drinker: drink something else, because they only sell wine in the little splits, and that sort of wine is almost always nearly unpalatable. They have a pretty big beer selection and full bar, so you can make do with something else.

• Visited September 2012