“Service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food was GREAT! The service questionable. Other tables were waited on before we were and we were there before them. When I could not finish my food and wanted to take it home, the waiter put my salad on the same dish as my meat, potato and vegetable. WHAT?? The bus boy (Ryan) was also great. He was more attentive than the waiter. I will return because the food is great, but I will request another waiter. Love the food, dislike the waiter!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toms River, New Jersey
“This place is delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I would just like to say to the recent negative review MG2433...who are you to be critical of another restaurant. You are a competitor who has not even opened up your doors to customers yet and you have the gall to negatively ridicule the Brooklyn Bistro. I guess you must be desperate to TRY and drive the customers away from a really great restaurant that has many great reviews to your one negative one...you really sound like you needed to trash it with so much detail that anyone can read right through it. I cannot wait to see what you have to offer in your restaurant IF you ever get it ready and clear all the health issues and get it up to par. But for now, the Brooklyn Bistro is rated a top restaurant in Toms River and they have proven it time and time again by customers continuing to pour into it and dine.

I want to thank everyone at The Brooklyn Bistro for having delicious food at reasonable prices and a beautiful quiet atmosphere. The staff is amazing and the owner is so very personable that he listens to his customers to try and make it a great experience for all of us.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Food was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went here the other evening after hearing great reviews about the food and they didn't disappoint. The service was quick and effective. The people were very welcoming and it came along with a very relaxed and intimate environment. I had a chicken dish which was covered in eggplant, mozzarella, and red peppers with a tomato like sauce which I loved, however for the price I thought the salad could be a little more meaty.

Visited May 2014
Howell, NJ
“Inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went the first time two weeks ago. The appetizers were good, our friends had the mussels and Calamari, both said they were good. My wife had a pasta dish to start and she was pleased with it, I had the eggplant and it was fine. Everyone enjoyed their main course, except me as the double cut pork chop was over cooked and i specifically asked for medium. The desserts were excellent as their cheese cook is great. We went again the following week, and to start the service was not up to par. They did not clean the tables off until we asked. The special Spiedini appetizers was overcooked and dry, it was supposed to have a anchovy sauce and there was very little of that. My wife said the mussels were undercooked, the scallop appetizer was good but only 2 small scallops, and the calamari was fine. The special dinner that night was Zuppa de Pesci which was very watery, both who had that said it was OK. The other 2 meals were fine, but not what i would call great. Again the desserts were very good. We will be trying some other places in the area as we are new to this part of Jersey. I will keep an eye out on other reviews for this place and if i see they are good, i will give it a try again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Mother's Day Meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Made a very last minute reservation for Mother's Day and expected the usual holiday rip off most restaurants provide - limited menu, poor quality food, over worked employees, high prices. Wow, were we wrong. We had been to this restaurant at the old location because of convenience and wonderful friendly owners. The food was always good, not great, some items better than others. That must have been only a testing ground for him because this chef has really arrived. The sea bass was the absolute best I had ever had; I agree with the previous reviewer. My husband loved his meal (I forgot what he had). The service was good, the owners as gracious and friendly as always. I almost hate to write this review because I selfishly don't want them to get too busy. But I am so happy for their success!

• Visited May 2014