“pig of a waitress” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #112 of 235 restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A great rest. with waiting lines every night. Been there for years.
lbi nj
“pig of a waitress”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

went with my family for a birthday party as we sitting there i belive it was the owners daughter a fat guida .she passed our table and farted she proceded to laugh and stated it must be the meatballs.to cut to the meal it was horrible not one person out of five had anything good to say good about this dump.stay away.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
colonia
“Good Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading other reviews I almost cancelled my reservations at Rivolis. I am so glad we kept them! The portions were huge and none of us could finish our meals. Everything was very tasty from the bread, salad, entrees and desserts. Our waitress was very friendly and was very attentive to our needs. The place was packed and people were lined up waiting to get in when we left, we never felt rushed to finish. I would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Apalachin, New York
“Poor Service, Below Average Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went to the shore for a long fall weekend with another family, five of us total. Went to Rivolis because the young ladies (13 and 14) we were with wanted to go here because of the Jersey Shore show. We waited about 20 minutes after calling ahead for reservations. Then our waitress was just plain rude. When the 13 year old asked if she could there was a dinner with raviolis and gnocchi both on the plate, the waitress first corrected the 13 year old who said "yonocchi" (PS that's the way it is pronounced in our Little Italy restaurants in our area by Italian's). The waitress said "It's nochy and you can have one or the other, I come back because you can't seem to make up your mind." Before anyone could react, the waitress was gone even though she had taken three other orders (she never even asked the 14 year old). We had a little discussion on the pronunciation of Gnocchi and decided to stick with the yonocchi. When the waitress came back the 13 year old stated she wanted the yoncchi and the waitress stated "it's nochy". The 13 year old stated "we call it yoncchi" and the waitress stated "you're wrong it's nochy". At that point I stated "You know what the order is, so why don't you do your job and take the order". The waitress stated "fine" and started to leave when I said "you haven't taken everyone's order, she (the other young lady) hasn't ordered yet and the waitress stated "I have the four order's" and I stated "Good but there are five of us" and then she stated "OK, what do you want?"

This whole process took about 1/2 hour and as our waitress walked away she stated to another waitress "And you wonder why I don't want to be here".

When we got our meal I had a pasta that was overdone, soggy and the sauce was like a watered down Ragu, very little flavor, but I come from an area with a lot of Italian restaurants and I may be spoiled by the local sauces, or the much better ones I have had in NYC.

You do get a lot, I would guess the was at least a pound on my plate. Most of it goes to waste as tourists we couldn't take it "home". Also the prices are very high for mediocre food.

We ate at one other Italian place in Toms River(rated #1 on Tripadvisor for Toms River) and the food and service was much, much better.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
PPB
“No tourist but resident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Rivoli’s Sampler: Outstanding and the size could be a meal in itself.

Tomato Brochette: Fresh made to order, no mush o this bread.

Seafood Fra Diablo :Combination of shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and calamari sautéed in our spicy fra Diablo sauce and served over linguine.
They will heat it to your taste, which mine is spicy.

Attitude: If you never been to Brooklyn, you do not know.

Your girl/guy: Better have the shore thang going on it simply fits.

Appetite bring it and prepare to bring grandma home leftovers.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beachwood, New Jersey
“Total tourist trap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I could have cooked a whole box of spaghetti and poured a jar of Ragu on it at home for a tenth of the price. It's sickening how much food they give you and ultimately waste. The service is also terrible, the waitress had an 'I hate this place attitude' and was extremely slow.

If you want to eat at the same table where Snooki and The Situation ate then go for it, but honestly I think Olive Garden serves better Italian food then this place and you get better service to.

• Visited June 2013