“Good food, great atmosphere, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscan House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 242 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean County Mall
“Good food, great atmosphere, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a nice reasturant. They have had a hard time nailing down the menu and name, but I believe they have finally turned a corner. The pasta dishes, salads and apps are very good. On Sunday they have live entertainment starting at 6pm. They only negative was the price of the alcohol... Way above reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Food poison”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

When we walked into the resturaunt the hostess was no where to be found. Almost ten minutes later she came to seat us. We sat down ordered our drinks and apatizer. Our drinks came out, we ordered our food. The salad came out no apatizer. The cook from the kitchen walked out with our dinner and we asked for our apatizer in which he responded you didn't order one. Five minutes later after being rushed to order out drinks and food the waitress comes out and asks if we still wanted out apatizer. The apatizer which was Rosetto rolls came out finally after we ate our dinner. The rolls were gross, the cheese tasted old, we couldn't even eat more than one bite. The waitress came back to our table after ignoring us for ten minutes because she was to busy flirting with a bus boy and manager took the food away and said ill get your check, in wich I responded I wanted choc cake for dessert. The cake came out promptly with old curled whip cream on it I couldn't eat the whip cream it tasted so sour. Finally about twenty minutes later after I was done w my dessert and the waitress came out she handed us out check . My bf had lasagna and I had chicken for dinner. Not even an hour after we arrived home he was throwing up from eating old nasty cheesy lasagna . This place was so bad I'd rather go to a diner next time. The service was slow and disrespectful the food was so gross you couldn't even finish eating it. I suggest no one to go hear unless you want food poison.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Not disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been there three times and have enjoyed my/our food each time. twice for lunch once for dinner. all three times our server has been Great.If i owned a place iwould try and poach the three servers we had.I do realize that sometimes stuff happens and your food is wrong or the server is not up to par.thats why I'll almost always give a place a second chance,unless its realy realy bad. I do enjoy eating here

Toms River, New Jersey
“Good all around.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Menu has a nice variety of food, good cocktails, good music, good service and clean environment, Great for a late bite or a full dinner.

Visited December 2012
Toms River, New Jersey
“Just can't get it together”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Most items on menu are good and reasonably priced but service is hit or miss, kitchen is hit or miss and mgmt is terrible.

• Visited December 2012