“Shut Up and Go!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Shut Up and Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

AWESOME. They have every variation of every breakfast food item you can imagine. You also get 20% off your bill if you go in pajamas! Very laid back and full of clutter, so it is neat to look at the antiques while you wait for your made-to-order food. It is so nice to finally have a good breakfast place that is not a chain around here. I was so tired of rubbery eggs and hashbrowns when I found this gem. They open for breakfast and lunch until about 3PM. I really enjoyed everything about this place and I think it would be a wonderful place to take your kids, especially if you want to try and encourage them to branch out and try some new things. I always recommend this place to people who want to grab some breakfast/brunch/lunch. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“All that junk on the walls must collect a lot of dust”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Cook doesn't know how to cook an egg and waited 45 minutes for an omelette with no apologies and only four tables in the place with customers

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood New Jesery
“Looks like Fred Sanfords Living Room:)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was sent on a mission. Buy breakfast and bring it back to the office in downtown Tomsriver. Now Tomsriver is a great little town but the parking is very scarce. Thus I pulled into the parking lot of Shut Up and Eat. The decor is unqiue,it looks like fred sanfords living room.

My waitress was pleasant,I ordered 2 bacon egg and cheese sandwhiches on rye and 2 coffees.Bill came to $20.00. Then I was told that they only accept cash.I had to go to a atm machine(another fee). Food was okay,not worth 20.00 I didnot like that there were no signs that said cash only.

Down Town Toms River has affordable places to eat that has better quality food. The only thing that might be worth a trip is if you just order coffee to get a look at fred sanfords living room.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A little off beat, but a good breakfast place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stopped here for a late breakfast last Sunday. The greeting from everyone as we entered was shall I say different. It's a cozy place with friendly work staff and a good hardy breakfast. I had had the typical breakfast with eggs over easy with home fries and sausage. I could have ordered fried bologna or spam if I so desired, but not this time. One of the work staff or possibly the owner saw me wearing a NJ Devil's hat and proceeded to tell a story about how he procured some prime seats for an upcoming game. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Friendly, fun and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Looking for a breakfast/lunch place in Toms River and found a gem right off Rt. 37 on Main Street. Immediately felt welcome when we walked in the door. Lots of memorabilia to look at around the restaurant plus a varied menu with many NJ specialities and burgers with unusual toppings--fun and so many interesting items from which to choose! My friends and I had lobster bisque which was tasty, a great tuna sandwich, the Jo-Jo--wonderful, and a burger--mmm good. All came with sweet potato tater tots which were a real treat. Then sandwiches were very big and could easily be shared. The prices were moderate, but considering the size of the servings was reasonable. Will definitely return to this friendly place next time at the Jersey Shore.

• Visited February 2013