“Clean Room As Usual and Good Breakfast!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Toms River
Sparrow Bush, New York
“Clean Room As Usual and Good Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights 1 week before my son school start. Actually this is our second time to stayed at the Comfort Inn Tom Rivers NJ, the first one was last year 2011. Our recent stayed we check in here early and the staffs are very friendlly they give us the room key even if is not check in time yet ,breakfast are good lots of foods to choose from. Pools are nice my son had a great time, room was very clean as usual. It's guarantee that we will stay here again if we going to the Jersey Shore next time.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

stayed two nites aug 22 to 24 rooms were clean .we had 4 other couples with kids also had a very nice stay.would go back in a minute.two suggestions a bigger breadfast room and a few more kids channels on the t.v....disney,nick etc....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed one night in a non-smoking, two queen room with our two kids. The room was very clean and, even though it was the first time having our kids in a hotel room, I wasn't weirded out by bathing them in the tub. That's how clean it was. Cleanliness is the highest on our priority list. When my husband went to check for bed bugs, the mattresses were enclosed in some sort of cover. I'm assuming a bed bug cover. That was reassuring. Very few things weren't up to top notch quality. Maybe a few tiny tears on the bed spread (but that just reassured us that they're being washed frequently), a couple of long hairs on the towels (I'm SURE from the cleaning staff when they were folding or setting them up in our room), and a couple of slats on the air conditioning unit were broken. All minor things in our book.

Our stay included a "continental" breakfast. I would consider what they serve well beyond continental! Very nice. Scrambled eggs, sausage, make you own belgian waffles, bagels, english muffins, toast, donuts, fresh fruits, cereals, oatmeal, a juice bar and coffee bar.

The only thing I think they made a poor decision on was the pool area. We can't understand why they built such a small pool, yet they have this huge patio beyond it. I can't imagine how crowded that pool gets on a rainy day. I mean there were two families in it while our 4 yr old was swimming and it was full enough. (~5 adults and 5-6 kids) The pool is indoor, along with a very small (4-5 person) hot tub; but then this huge, beautiful paver patio is right outside. We didn't understand the logic, but also didn't ask. It would prevent us from staying for more than 1-2 nights. I would rather stay at a place (for a longer period of time) that had a larger pool because my kids love the water, and it's a nice option before or after the beach. But for a weekend, it was fine.

The location was so EASY to Seaside Heights boardwalk (10 min drive) and Island Beach State Park (15 min). We ate dinner at the Four Seasons Diner, which was fine and about 10 mins from the hotel. LARGE menu and appropriate atmosphere for young families. Not sure of what else was in the area, but the hotel staff was very friendly and I'm sure would advise.

For the price ($129 + tx on a Thursday nt), we were pleasantly surprised and will stay again.

Toms River
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our room was supposed to be nonsmoking but it reeked of smoke. Additionally, there was a big tear in the comforter and the side chair was filthy and stained. The carpet was dirty and after five minutes in the room, my wife and I both had headaches. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have never stayed in a comfort inn before but from what I saw of the area this was the best one for this area. Upon arrival the place stunk of bleach/clorex. The hotel room was dusty and the carpet felt old, along with the furniture and very bouncy bed. It certainly wasn't worth the money. The TV movies didn't work, that bombed out and made it impossible to watch. The AC was either stone cold or switch it off and have heat, there was no control it was a big old unit, we had booked two rooms and the two were similar. The included breakfast was in a small room where tables were hard to come by with a notice saying don't take breakfast to the room, but what choice did most guests have when there are only a handful of tables? Tasteless breakfast with strange cereals, make your own pancakes which I can't comment on cos I didn't have them, yogurt and toast. There appeared to be more food being thrown away than consumed.

As for Seaside Heights and Toms River, I wouldn't go again it wasn't for me. Loud with funfairs everywhere would describe it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Amidst the most awful reviews I've ever seen for other hotels in this area (Toms River, Seaside, Forked River), this hotel was one of the very few with good reviews, but alas it was booked solid ... or so we thought.

In a move of desperation on the morning of the weekend we had to be in the area, we decided to call this particular hotel to see whether they could notify us if they got a cancellation during the day. But before doing that, the manager (Patricia) consulted with her desk clerk and came up with a room for us (a cancellation? I don't know, and we didn't ask!). We were just very, VERY, grateful.

Along with a very friendly and efficient front desk staff, we found our room to be clean and fresh, and everything worked well. In fact the whole hotel was clean and pleasant, as was the breakfast room the next morning too. Breakfast itself was adequate and pretty standard ... waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, juices, etc. And the attention to cleanliness and restocking by the staff member on duty in the breakfast room was exceptional.

If you're reading this review and you are the type of person who thinks nothing about leaving their hotel room/s in a mess, with food trodden into the carpet, spilled drinks, trash everywhere, wet towels on the bed, etc. .... then please don't stay here. Leave this hotel to the customers who are looking for something without the problems that seem to plague a lot of the Seaside "establishments" across the bay. A hotel's ability to maintain the desired level of cleanliness it strove for when it first opened is very much dictated by the type of guests who populate it.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is on busy Route 37, but most of them face the side. Further back is definit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Tom's River NJ after hanging out in Seaside Heights one night. We checked in to room #213 in the early evening and ran across the street to get Italian hoagies at the Pizza joint(Brimstones) which was awesome. The hotel didn't have a menu for this place even though it's across the street. When we got to our room, the toilet didn't flush right and the shower curtain rod was broken. I was able to make due with the shower curtain rod and left a note that the toilet would need to be fixed as we left for the evening. When we got back, the toilet was not fixed. I am fairly handy and made it work, but it should have been looked at. The room was otherwise clean and very much a standard Comfort Inn room. The A/C worked great... the only other thing was that there was no duvet or bedspread or additional blanket available and my wife likes it a bit warmer than I need it to sleep comfortably so she was a bit cold. The indoor pool looked nice and the continental breakfast(w/waffles) was tasty. This hotel is 1mile from the bridge and it is easy to get into and out of Seaside from there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!