“Yuck” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I walked upstairs to the bar, and it stunk like vomit on the way up. Upon getting to the top of the stairs, there was an overwhelming smell of bleach. It reminded me of the college bars I used to frequent back in the day. We were eventually seated downstairs.

Our server was very friendly and brought out the drinks and apps pretty quick. Also, the view out the window was fantastic.

I had the chili, and my friends had the mozzarella sticks and chicken nachos. My $6 chili was average at best, and actually gave me heartburn. I never get heartburn! The nachos were made with some cheapo nacho chips, and the chicken was dry. Hardly what I'd expect to pay $10 for. The $7 mozzarella sticks were pretty good.

Before leaving, I went to use the downstairs bathroom. There is an outer door you must pass through before going to either the lady's room or men's room. Upon exiting that outer door, I couldn't help but notice how absolutely filthy it was. Gross!

I'd never come back here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Lincroft, New Jersey
“Really great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Been here a few times and I must say this is a great place to eat, with a great view and great service. Lots of daily specials so you are not stuck ordering off the same menu every time, although the regular menu has a lot to offer as well!! First time I came in was when it first opened and it was good, but they have really figured it out over there. This place is packed on weekends and if you check it out, you will see why.

I believe this restaurant will be around for a long time in what seemed like a spot that no one could make work. These people have the right idea and do it well!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Good food slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Friend & I had dinner at the Tinton Falls location. Not handicap accessible. Great menu choices it's a 45min to 1 hour wait wait for food. Service is super slow bit the food is good. If your in a rush not a place to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Not as good as when it opened”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to this restaurant right after it opened and thought is was pretty good. We especially liked the pizza. But we think the quality has gone down. I noticed what appeared to be high school students making the pizza (maybe college students) and it just wasn't very good.

They are about to get some competition from Moose's Tavern which is opening soon across the street at the Old Charley Browns. Maybe that will force them to pay more attention.

• Visited August 2012