“Best Customer Service I have ever received.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best Customer Service I have ever received.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Upon arrival, Dominique was very friendly. I would say she was the nicest person I have ever dealt with checking in at any hotel I have ever been too. After entering my room, I noticed she had upgraded my room without asking for an upgrade. Many thanks again to Dominique, she is truly an asset to your hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear DG,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding you recent stay with us. It is always good to read comments regarding the staff and hotel, especially comments that reflect the service levels we provide to our guests, We hope to see you again.

Elizabeth Farrands, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Galena, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We needed a room at the last minute and they were very accommodating. We checked out the reviews and the Comfort Inn was the best for the money which we found to be true. The staff at the front desk Dominic and her sister (can't remember). Were as nice as could be! My wife forgot her dress boots and they personally called us and made arrangements for us...Thank You.

I would have gave the Inn more stars but they were undergoing restorations. The exterior and court yard were messy and a lot of cigarette butts were seen. The breakfast was just average for a Comfort Inn. The rooms were clean, updated and huge...two rooms in one!!!

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor.
Dear Dan F,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

After coming to this hotel for 4 weeks in the past 2 months I can safely say the only thing going for this place is the friendliness of the staff!
Back door never locks, people can come & go all night through back door.
Building is under renovation and nothing has changed in past 2 months.
Bird poop everywhere.
Water pressure for shower is the worst I have ever encountered.
The staff eats the free breakfast as if they were a guest.
Not worth the $109 a night!!! Unfortunately I have to stay here as
my boss has the reward s perk coming his way!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Churchguy,

Travelers are raving about these Tinton Falls hotels

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel is "under construction." Lobby and eating areas are newly decorated and beautiful. We are seniors and found to our surprise, that you must bring luggage through side door and carry up the steps in the outdoor open air courtyard. Hotel is like an old motel with 3 floors, now being "semi-enclosed" to look like a full-service hotel. Decorative wood has been removed and steps are scraped ready for painting, but it is still old. You can go through the lobby and up the elevator and then "pull luggage" and personal items across an outside slim-balcony to your room. The lighting was the worst I have ever had inside a hotel room. VERY DARK. I asked the front desk to send someone up to give us more lighting and nothing changed. Granted, the hotel room is a "suite" and very roomy. It was not one of the nicer Comfort Inn Suites we have stayed in; it smelled like OLD smoke and moisture. The rooms were quiet, (we stayed on 3rd floor near the entry door.) Cleaning could have been better. Maids didn't have enough towels and we had to go down to lobby to get them that evening. Food area was exceptional, and (free) breakfast food was hot and varied,....very nice. Location is superb. Restaurants are numerous near the hotel and there's easy access to any of the shore towns.

Dear Vegas8440.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Question: What's the difference between sympathy & empathy?
Answer: I travel 1,000 miles to be the best man at my friends wedding. The hotel I booked 3 weeks in advance screwed up my reservation & next thing I know, I'm sitting in a Home Depot parking lot with no place to stay, & totally exhausted. (Empathy): I call every hotel only to find out that they're booked up due to a wedding. They say they're sorry, but they can't help me. (Sympathy): I call the Comfort Inn & Suites in Tinton Falls, N.J. and explain my situation to their front desk personnel Stephany. She begins to explain the same story in regards to a wedding party that filled up the hotel. After telling her how I was sitting in my car, with no place to stay, she asked me to hold the line. When she returned, she asked me how far away I was, & told me to come right over. She found a way to keep me from sleeping in my car! Not only did she get me a suite, with no prior notice, but she allowed me to check in before the policy time frame. To take it a step further, even though I was at her mercy, she did not inflate the rate, & once I was checked in, she called my room to make sure I was happy with the accommodations. The room was more than I could have asked for. Customer service takes place once you're checked in. What she had done for me was customer care, & that makes all the difference in the world. Between the service, & the beautiful room, I would never consider staying anywhere other then a Comfort Suites. Stephany certainly earned her wings.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Prhyhm44,

Thank you for the kind words you expressed regarding you stay with us. We are always excited when so many wonderful things are said about my staff. We thank you and look forward to your return visit with us.

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We checked in yesterday for my best friends wedding this weekend. I am very pleased with this hotel! The rooms are well appointed and newly decorated, staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. The hotel is still working on storm damage from Sandy inside and out but it's getting there! The GM, Elizabeth is FANTASTIC!
Amber, East Stroudsburg, Pa

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amber L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a standard king room here recently, and I found it to be an acceptable hotel. The room seemed clean, and seemed to have been updated relatively recently. Breakfast was ok--they had a decent selection of foods: sausage and eggs, bagels, bread, cereal, a waffle maker, etc.--about what you would expect a Comfort Inn breakfast to look like. We didn't use the pool, but it looked relatively new, clean, and open.

There were a lot of little things that made the place seem less nice--a side door into the hotel that didn't lock at night, a door handle that wasn't installed properly, and torn off trim around the entire outside of the building, for example--it basically just lacked polish. To be fair, they appear to be doing some renovations on many of the rooms, and it's possible that this is just part of the renovations as well. I would probably give them 3.5 stars if I could, but they don't quite get a four.

From some of the other reviews I was concerned that this place would be terrible, but it seemed pretty fine to me. Not fantastic, but not terrible.

Dear Peaks5000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Elizabeth Farrands, CHA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!