“HORRIBLE! DIRTY SHEETS & TOWELS REFUSED TO BRING NEW TOWELS!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Bank Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thorofare
Red Bank Inn
You added Red Bank Inn to your Saves list
169 Crown Point Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Thorofare
West deptford
“HORRIBLE! DIRTY SHEETS & TOWELS REFUSED TO BRING NEW TOWELS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is a COMPLETE JOKE! Management refused to bring clean towels, soon as I got in the room towels were DIRTY! I took a picture and wish I could post it! Do not stay, management SUCKS! I threatened to call the police and they said, go ahead we are going to sleep! Wow is that how you run a business? I will never ever ever give these people my money again and I hope whoever reads this, DONT STAY AT THE RED BANK INN!

• Stayed January 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
west deptford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a few months so and always paid on time and promptly. We were quiet and clean and never caused an issue. The main manager or owner I'm not sure which he is was demanding that my boyfriend rake leaves, install carpets, and do various other things for him for free or he said he'd throw us out. He ultimately decided to throw us out while we were paid for opening the window which he had told us we were not allowed to do. When I asked him why he said I was a stupid rude girl and needed to get out. I had turned off the heat and had the window open a crack to air the room out but he did not allow this. When it was hot out he monitored how cool we kept the room and if he saw the window was open would come in and make sure the air conditioning wasn't. If it was he lost his mind. We paid to use the phone but when I had 3 people call in 1 day I was told if it happened again I'd be thrown out. We paid extra for use of a phone we couldn't use. He threatened once and raised his hand as though he was going to hit me and then demanded I apologize for whatever crazy thing he believed I did wrong. I was told that I wasn't allowed to sleep during the day even though I have sleeping problems. He knew I slept sometimes during the day because he peeked in thru our Windows at all ours. In a more intimate moment between my boyfriend and I, I realized he was standing outside our window watching. He then said it was because he didn't trust our window was closed as it had to be at all times. Before we knew of this crazy rule, he saw the window open a crack and later on that night I went to turn on the heat and close the window and my heat wasn't working. I went to the officeand he told me he sshut the breaker to the heat to teach us a lesson. It was below freezing outside. When my boyfriend was unable to rake leaves for him he chased him down the street while he was getting into a car while visiting our children to say that raking the leaves was more important than seeing our children. He is a pervert and a lunatic and although it is cheap there, pay the extra money and stay anywhere else. I would not recommend it for my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2013
Williamstown NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was currently a resident of the Red Bank Inn for just about 2 months. With me were my mom, my little brother and my aunt. Our stay to start was quite nice we had a very nice room which was very big and " looked clean". The couple who ran the inn also seemed nice, but quickly showed their true colors. When it came time for service they became very rude and yelled at us in not a threatening tone, but a very disrespectful tone. Now you think that a customer who was paying just over $1600 a month to stay, would be treated with respect. Well they didn't seem to think that. I would also rent out another room number 23 for atleast 3 days every two weeks, our first night in that room I was woken up with a strange feeling of a creepy crawler then a bite. When I turned the light on, and looked down i saw crawling away from me a BED BUG" now when we went to the office, the of course denied it being a bed bug even tho i had looked up pictures to show them, so we were moved to another room sadly next door in room 24. I thoroughly went over the room looking for any signs of BED BUGS and when I didn't find any i kindly thanked them and finished my stay with my Fiance and our 2 girls. Two weeks later we went back to room 24 thinking everything would be ok but I was clearly wrong. I woke up the next morning with my hand swallen two times the size of my other hand, my knee was swallen and my ankles were bitten over and over. I looked over the room again and found 2 more BED BUGS trying to hide from me. I took pictures and brought the bugs to the office and had my fiance come with me for support. I told them that i we needed to fix this i wanted a refund and they refused. They threatened to call the police and the managers wife kept blaming us for " bringing her a present" we did this they don't have bugs. It wasn't until they heard my Fiance and I talking about calling the better buisness beuro..and saw us recording the conversation they refunded our money, his wife continued to yell and scream calling us names, and accusing us of bring this present. Now on top of the Bed bugs in the room we also learned that the room is infested with Bird Mites. Little red bugs that are very small and when killed leave a red residue on what ever you squish them on. But they denied having them as well, we were imagining it. Our overall stay was very unplesant, they were very rude, service was terrible, rooms looked clean but hid the ugly truth of bed bugs, bird mites and god knows what else. We are currently staying at a Motel 6 and couldn't be happier with the change. I would not wish the problems we went through with the couple at the Red Bank Inn on anyone.

Room Tip: Looks can be very decieving, please know what to look for when renting a room at a motel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh N.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband has stayed here quite a few times when visiting relatives, this was my first time staying here and found it very clean and comfortable. Refrigerator works great, didn't try the microwave. The bed is very comfortable,so much so I didn't want to get up in the morning. The bathroom looks like you traveled back in time several decades, but it is clean. Hot water works fine, it just takes a couple of minutes to get hot. Mr. Patel very friendly and helpful. The area is quiet and seems safe. This is quite a little gem.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Gastonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

The couple that runs the motel are so sweet. They were there to meet you in the morning and ask how your night was and to tell you to have a good day. The gentleman would come to the car when we arrived back at the hotel to see if we needed any help carrying anything in. It is very clean the bed was so comfortable and nice pillows.
The also told us about a good place to eat. The Country House. If you are ever in the area you should try it out. Food is delicous and lots of it. for a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

I just returned from a one night stay at the Red Bank Inn. I live in Maryland and I had to run to Philadelphia, it was all last minute. Well, needless to say trying to get a room in Philadelphia for one night at a reasonable price was not going to happen. I searched and searched and found "Red Bank Inn" in Thorofare, NJ. You have to call the property directly you can't book online. It seems as though the property is owned and/or managed by a couple. Mr. Patel answered and he was very friendly. I got a room for $62 and with taxes it came to $70. Remember I only needed it for one night, therefore I wasn't expecting much. It was very convenient because it's right off of I295. It only took me 10 minutes to get into Philly and that was with all of the traffic from the parade (Philly's won the World Series). The only down fall is, there wasn't any soap. I travel with a bar anyway. There also isn't an iron and ironing board. That didn't matter either, because I was going straight home. The area seems to be safe because there wasn't much around. If I have an emergency and have to book last minute I would stay there again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No amenities
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newark, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

The Red Bank Inn is pretty cheap ($55 for a night which includes taxes).

Pros:
Includes Free WIFI
Carpets, wall paper & paint is new
Has Microwave and Refridgerator
Outside of Inn was recently remodeled and look decent
Nice & Friendly Management

Cons:
THERE ARE NO SMOKE FREE ROOMS!!! The room has a musty smokey smell. This is the biggest problem if you do not smoke!
Sink water doesn't get hot (didn't try the shower)
Bathroom is really old looking
Bed is really old!!

Overall, for $55, if you bring a good smelling candle and keep the window and door open for a while the smell get a little better.

• Stayed January 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Bank Inn? Share your experiences!