“Good place to stay in the area” 3 of 5 stars

Clinton Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Dean Drive, Tenafly, NJ 07670   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tenafly
Katowice, Poland
“Good place to stay in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Rooms are generous (two double beds), great for price, good restaurant. Front desk service varies -- some of the staff were very very friendly, a few didn't really smile much. The restaurant service though was fantastic, and the wait staff were very helpful and always smiling at customers. A good place to stay if you're in the area, and right in the middle of Tenafly so also convenient if you want to go around the area (some great places to eat there as well).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
LVB1973,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at the Clinton Inn Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our spacious accommodations, excellent restaurant, and convenient location well suited for your visit. I sincerely apologize that we did not consistently deliver the exceptional customer service that you’ve come to expect from us. Your valuable comments will be shared with our team and improvements will be made in order to provide a more positive experience. We value you as our guest and we hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Donna Italia, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Closter, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is a great hotel clean and great service. There is also many nice places to eat nearby. It has a great resturant right in the hotel. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to others was an overall great hotel to stay at. I have no compliants for anything at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
deestrips22,
Thank you for your review and recommendations of the Clinton Inn Hotel. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad our clean accommodations and friendly service made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our office in the US is located in NJ and I usually stay at Clinton Inn in Tenafly.
Tenafly is a small town in NJ but it is convenient for me to stay at Clinton Inn because there are several restaurants and a convenience store as well as a supermarket near the hotel.
I usually don't buy anything, but water at the CVS.

Around our office, there are several hotels such as Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn and Hilton Fort Lee.
I stayed those hotels as well until now.
If you have a rent-a-car, it might be the same, but if not, Clinton Inn is the best because it is in a small town and everything is in the walking distance.

I have stayed at Clinton Inn several times a year for more than a decade.
Room itself has been the same and I would say it is just an American standard.
No complaint about the room.

Breakfast is buffet style but meals served on the table are rather limited like scrambled eggs, bacons & sausages, mashed potatoes and some fruits.

I stayed there 4 days. I eat the same menu every morning, because there is not many choices.
From time to time in the past, they changed buffet menu. Sometime in the past, there were Korean noodles and rice and some Asian foods.
There are many Korean living around Fort Lee.
I don't know if it is the case, but there are any Korean are staying at Clinton Inn.
So I sometimes observed so many Koreans were in the breakfast buffet and full of Korean language, which is a little noisy...

People working at the reception have been the same for the decade.
So I know most of them for more than 10 years, but they don't show me any familiarity when I check in and out.
This is the complaint I only have until now.
Otherwise, its service level is quie acceptable.

Room Tip: Nothing particular...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mack0617,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at the Clinton Inn Hotel. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we appreciate your feedback on areas where we can improve our guest experience. Please know I have shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of providing exceptional service. I hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you in the future. Thank you again for writing.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for business for an extended period.

Location is great. Close to local, large businesses, with a shuttle service provided. Tenafly is small but has a few good places to eat within easy walking distance of the hotel and a decent supermarket. There is a bus service stopping right outside the hotel that runs to the central PABT bus station in Manhattan. Takes a while to get there (#20 or express #166 - 40 mins; normal #166 - 60 mins) but at $6 one way it beats a $40 taxi fare !!

Hotel facilities were unexpectedly good for its star rating. The gym is small but has a good range of equipment. Breakfast buffet was very good. Wi-fi service was free and performed better, even in the public areas of the hotel, than I've had for £15 per day in bigger, more highly rated hotels.

The hotel bar was an oasis after a stressful day in the office. Staff were very friendly and extremely competent - Hi Joey, hi Greg. The menu for bar meals was good enough that I never felt the need to look at the main restaurant menu, though I understand that that was even better. Baseball on the big screen was a bonus, even if the Mets did feature too often.

There is no in-room safe and the safety deposit boxes behind reception are only big enough for cash, passport, cards and similar. Given that a lot of the guests here are business visitors, with laptops, tablets and other expensive equipment, this was a major fail and the reason why I have not given the hotel a five blob rating.

Also recommended. The Blue Moon Tex/Mex restaurant in Englewood (short bus or taxi ride) had a great atmosphere and an extensive menu. I only found it on my last evening but wish I'd known about it earlier in my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
LuxuryLuvva,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience with us at Clinton Inn Hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while on business, and we’re glad our convenient location, wonderful amenities, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. I’ll be certain to pass along your kind comments to Joey and Greg and will also recognize them with a special commendation for their outstanding service. We appreciate your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our attention as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

When the need for an overnight stay came up it was simple and quick to check in and get the keys. The hotel was conviniently located for us and has a bar and a restaurant in the lobby. The room itself was a bit outdated with poorly working aircondicioner despite hot night.

• Stayed July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Misha1v,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Clinton Inn Hotel. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our efficient staff and convenient location. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improving our guest experience and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was nice, rooms were a nice size with comfortable beds. Only major issue was that the A/C in some rooms were not working well. Even with the thermostat set on the coldest the room felt stuffy. We had a couple of rooms, some had this issue while others, the A/C worked fine.
I would go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
JAMESSLOTS,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Clinton Inn Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you liked our hotel, our spacious accommodations, and our comfortable beds. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered with the air conditioning unit and any discomfort you experienced as a result. I will address this issue with our maintenance staff so we can take the necessary measures to improving our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed there for 2 weeks. Conveniently located and has good drop off service to office area. Service is good but beds are not comfortable. It could be good if laundry service could be made available. Overall looks like the only decent option available near EC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Sudeep B,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Clinton Inn Hotel, and we’re glad our convenient location well suited for your travels. Your feedback is important to us as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for writing. We hope you’ll have an opportunity visit us again soon.

Donna Italia, General Manager

Been to Clinton Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!