“Faded Glory” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tenafly
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Faded Glory”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Somewhere beneath the smelly rooms, inoperable airconditioning,dirty windows and noisey bed is probably a once-nice hotel. I called maintenance during the first day and was told that pretty much all of the air conditioning on the top (third floor) doesn't really work - not what you want to hear on a day the temperature was near 100F. This is symptamatic of the lack of upkeep at the hotel. The elevator was also out of commission too on the first day of my visit. On the plus side, front desk staff were pleasant and the on-site restaurant is good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: get a room on the bottom floor if it is summertime and you want a cool room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Krubin: Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor. With the severe heat we've been experiencing this summer, it's been a challenge to keep the entire hotel cool in days over 90 degrees. We have taken steps to ensure the temperatures in our property are comfortable for our guests. I appreciate your nice comments about our friendly staff. I'll be sure to give them your feedback. We hope you stay with us on your next trip to the area

Donna Italia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Spent two nights here. Upscale hotel with the finer amenities. Good location to shops and restaurants. Would recommend to families as a safe location.

• Stayed July 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Fayettecar,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Clearwater/Tampa Bay Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were in NJ to visit our son who lives in the area. We choice the Clinton Inn due to location and reviews. We found the rooms to be a bit worn/dated, but overall cleanand comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. There were quite a few young guests - appeared to be part of a large group - and we were concerned it would be loud. However things were pretty quite and other guests we ran into were nice as well. The hotel restaurant was nice and we will review Palmer's separately.
The one negative was the hotel staff. Not very warm and the room service and housekeeping staff need some work. Our first morning room service woke us around 7 - quite a surprise because we had not ordered anything. My husband explained that it was not our order. Yet two minutes later the same guy was back at the door asking again and actually said "is there someone else in there with you that ordered this?" We finally convinced him that we knew our name and it was not the one on the breakfast order. Housekeeping was another issue. Complimentary coffee set up did not include creamer/sugar packets which I did not notice until after coffee was brewed - I don't drink it black or without sweetener so I ended up grabbing a cup to go in the lobby which cost a couple of bucks. Also, one morning at 6:45 (!!) we had another wake up call when the maid service rapped in the door and then proceeded to open it before we could even get out of bed. Really? Before seven to a guest room where they did not check out? Asides from Palmer's the staff could use a little polish. Overall not a bad place and worked for us on this trip but would probably look around a bit more for our next visit to this part of Jersey

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
ClearwaterJen,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet our high standards. Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with us in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Nice clean hotel in a quiet area. Staff was very attentive and took good care of our group. We stayed 4 nights and added a deluxe breakfast buffet for our group each morning which was very good and will definitely add for our next trip. We look forward to our next stay at the Clinton-Inn Hotel.

DN from North Carolina

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Debbie, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to my team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great summer,
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My family had a get together and once again they chose the Clinton Inn. Two years ago- half of the family got to stay there and the rest of us got bumped to another hotel (compensation was given so we only suffered inconvenience). This time my experience was much better. They had a new desk staff who were very good. When I checked in they were very efficient and answered all of my questions. They were very patient and understanding. Could not have been better. What a big change. I was soooo glad. We got a really nice room. (the bathroom door did not close because it was built wrong but we could live with that). The bed was a little hard, my husband liked it that way, I just slept on the extra pillows they gave us so it was no big deal, it was not hard as a rock like some places, just a tad too firm, I like beds a little softer, my husband was fine with it, he actually liked it. In other reviews they mentioned the noise at night if a party is booked at the hotel. We returned to our room at about 12:30 and the party below us ended at 1 so it was no big deal. I could understand if you went to bed early and were over the party room it could be bothersome. We were on the third floor and could hear the music but by the time we got to bed it was over. The hallways in our section were very quiet. You could hear people occasionally leaving or coming back to the room but that happens at most hotels, I take ear plugs to help. On the day we checked in we were the only ones at the desk but a couple hours later a tour group came in and it got busy. They must have been in another part of the hotel because that is all I saw or heard of the big group. They must have left early because at breakfast we were the only ones eating at about 10 am. They have a nice buffet for about 14 dollars (or you can book it with your room rate online only) or you can order a la cart. It was faster if you got the buffet. Some of our party only wanted bagels or cereal and they had to wait awhile to get it, they could have just walked up to the buffet and helped themselves. Some of us were in a hurry so it did matter to them. I was not in a hurry so it was fine. The waiters in the restaurant were very nice and tried to be very helpful, they just could not get it together. Most of us had the buffet and only two people had something ordered and it still came out wrong and very slowly. The food was good. The Bacon was crisp and nicely done. I liked the fruit.
We had a very nice stay at the Inn and I finally got to be with my family for more of the visit this time. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thanks so very much CherryHill_NJLes for writing a review! Thank you for returning to the Clinton Inn! I am pleased that you enjoyed our changes as well as your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our breakfast selection and I am glad you found it enjoyable. I will review with my team regarding the service challenges with your group. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area!

Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights with a group of students. The hotel is very nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was simple but the food was good. This hotel is located 35 minutes from Manhatan in a very quiet neighborhood.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are more quiet, especially if there's a reception in the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your review and recommendation!  We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was at the Clinton Inn for a company meeting and the room and meeting space were clean and nice enough. The food from the restaurant on property could have been better. I arrived late in the evening and realized that I had forgotten my razor. A quick call to the front desk and thankfully they hooked me up with a couple of razors and shaving cream right away. They also have a simple PC and Printer setup in the lobby that I used to print my boarding pass for free.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012

Thanks again,
Donna Italia

Been to Clinton Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!