“Awesome experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Awesome experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nothing to complain about...pretty good experience! Only down side is I wish I would have received wifi as part of their members program. The rooms were spacious and everything was just perfect. I was comfortable my entire stay!

Green Features: Betsy who was the front desk manager during my stay and during a very hectic weekend, went above and beyond her duties to make sure I was comfortable and didn't have any issues. I cannot say enough about how grateful I am for her hospitality. She truly did take care of her customers.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for recognizing the genuine hospitality Betsy displayed during your recent stay at the Teaneck Marriott! I will pass along your feedback to the entire team and acknowledge Betsy for going above and beyond! If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask and we will await your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Havelock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel to be close to New York without being in New York. I loved everything about this hotel. The staff was so friendly, especially when I locked my keys in the room. I would stay here for pleasure or business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
I am excited to learn our location worked out perfectly and appreciate your comments about the friendliness of our team! Hope to see you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been staying at this same Marriott for work for over 8 years now and it just keeps getting better and better. There are some employees I have known for all 8 years and they treat me like family. Drita in the Glen Lounge and Fakrul in the restaurant are examples of the best in the business. Also if you need transportation George who drives a towncar for the hotel is excellent. I travel all over the U.S. weekly and this is by far my favorite full service Marriott in the country. The renovations are nice but the people are the real difference.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Wow...eight years! Thank you for such continued loyalty to the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe! We are most grateful to have you as part of the family and will be sure to recognize Fakrul and Drita for their years of outstanding service. We are proud to be considered your favorite full service Marriott Hotel and always look forward to welcoming you back!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Smelled smoke in the room and they were to put an ozone machine in when we were gone but did not. They forgot.

The personnel were friendly and very helpful.

Not many great restaurant choices nearby.

It is more of a wedding factory and very busy on the weekends

Stayed July 2014
I am very sorry to hear we failed to deliver the ozone machine as requested and deeply disappointed your room had an odor upon arrival. All Marriott Hotels and Resorts in North America are non-smoking, so we do our best to ensure this policy is maintained; however, it is clear we missed identifying this with your particular room. Thank you for the kind words about our "Brilliant Hosts" being friendly and very helpful, as I will be certain to share your feedback with the team. If you would like to review your experiences in further detail, please feel free to contract me at keith.shopnick@marriott.com.
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is one of the most welcoming hotels I have stayed at. They seem to genuinely care and I thoroughly enjoyed staying there. I have returned and I plan on returning the next time I go to New Jersey. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for providing this feedback and for your continued loyalty to the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we will look forward to seeing you on that next trip to Northern NJ!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel because it was a short drive to Met Life Stadium. However, the next stay will be because this Hotel has an amazing staff of people working there ...they genuinely care about their guests. At check-in, Betsy, greeted us with a smile and accommodated our request for a refrigerator in our room. Although we had some issues with our fridge not working, both Betsy and the manager, Victoria, personally visited our room and brought us a new one. They were both wonderful and even replaced the yogurts that had spoiled...in addition to providing us with free breakfast in the morning , due to the inconvenience we had experienced. I also received a personal note under my door from Betsy apologizing again - Love that personal touch !
On top of this, when my husband became ill, the night crew was so caring and helped my husband get the needed medical attention. Roger and Donovyn were wonderful ! They both signed a card along with the entire night crew and put it under our door sending us well wishes and that they were so glad that my husband was feeling better. Amazing !! I would completely recommend
this hotel. On top of the excellent customer service, the rooms were nice and spacious, the bed was so comfortable, and the food we ate at the hotel was delicious. We will be returning !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
It was a pleasure meeting you in person and once again, I am pleased to hear everything turned out OK with your husband. Your kind words about the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe team are very much appreciated and each of the individuals mentioned have been recognized for their efforts to display such genuine care. We will look forward to seeing you back same time next year, if not even sooner!
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We reserved 5 rooms for my family from of a larger block that we arranged for guests who were coming from outside the New York area to attend my daughter's wedding in Teaneck. We spoke to and emailed the hotel sales department multiple times over the course of the 6 months leading up to the wedding. We confirmed numerous times that we would have the Executive Suite for 2 nights (even specified in our contract with Marriott). When my wife and daughter arrived the night before the wedding, they were told the Executive Suite had been given to someone else since they were a day late (not what was written in the contract, but my wife didn't have it with her, although at that point we were not going to evict the other people). They were told there were no other rooms available in the hotel, but were then given a room on the conceirge floor.
I arrived the next day and checked in with Reno, the front desk manager. I told him about the problem the night before. We went through each of the other rooms and pre-checked in the other guests. Reno was very professional.
The breakfast we had arranged for our guests the next day went off flawlessly and I must complement the staff person (whose name I do not know) who helped set up the room and made sure everything went off smoothly.
If it weren't for the problem with the Executive Suite I would have rated the Marriott Glenpointe higher. The property is easily accessible from Manhattan, has a very large parking lot, a huge lobby, and nicely appointed rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
First and foremost, Congratulations on the wedding! We are truly sorry to hear of the confusion with the room assignments upon arrival and I have researched further to better understand why this occurred. This is certainly not the way we intended for your celebrations to start and I would welcome the opportunity to express my sincerest apologies in person. I can be reached at keith.shopnick@marriott.com or 201-928-2064. Thank you for allowing us to part of this very special day and I am grateful to know Reno along with our entire Food and Beverage team delivered upon a much improved experience.

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!