“Daughter's Wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Memphis
“Daughter's Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We reserved 5 rooms for my family from of a larger block that we arranged for guests who were coming from outside the New York area to attend my daughter's wedding in Teaneck. We spoke to and emailed the hotel sales department multiple times over the course of the 6 months leading up to the wedding. We confirmed numerous times that we would have the Executive Suite for 2 nights (even specified in our contract with Marriott). When my wife and daughter arrived the night before the wedding, they were told the Executive Suite had been given to someone else since they were a day late (not what was written in the contract, but my wife didn't have it with her, although at that point we were not going to evict the other people). They were told there were no other rooms available in the hotel, but were then given a room on the conceirge floor.
I arrived the next day and checked in with Reno, the front desk manager. I told him about the problem the night before. We went through each of the other rooms and pre-checked in the other guests. Reno was very professional.
The breakfast we had arranged for our guests the next day went off flawlessly and I must complement the staff person (whose name I do not know) who helped set up the room and made sure everything went off smoothly.
If it weren't for the problem with the Executive Suite I would have rated the Marriott Glenpointe higher. The property is easily accessible from Manhattan, has a very large parking lot, a huge lobby, and nicely appointed rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
First and foremost, Congratulations on the wedding! We are truly sorry to hear of the confusion with the room assignments upon arrival and I have researched further to better understand why this occurred. This is certainly not the way we intended for your celebrations to start and I would welcome the opportunity to express my sincerest apologies in person. I can be reached at keith.shopnick@marriott.com or 201-928-2064. Thank you for allowing us to part of this very special day and I am grateful to know Reno along with our entire Food and Beverage team delivered upon a much improved experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Having stayed in many Marriott's over the years, I believe this one has taken customer service initiatives to the next level. The check in was effortless. All employees I came into contact with appeared sincere.
I only stayed 2 nights, and attended a conference on 1 day. The attention to detail in the conference room was good - and buffet food for attendees was excellent.
Technology was extremely good from the audio to the video arrangements making for great presentations in one of the ballrooms.
Great, convenient location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent conference! Our 'Brilliant Hosts' strive to ensure an excellent and productive experience with every event we host. Your comments about our team's genuine guest service initiatives, the quality of food and how the technology made for a great presentation have all been communicated with the respective recognition. We thank you for choosing the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe and look forward to many more visits in the future!
Bethesda, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed at the Glenpointe Marriott several times before this, and will most certainly stay there again. When you consider the fact that it costs at a minimum three times as much to stay anywhere in midtown Manhattan, and the 15 minute trip to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on the #167 bus (stops right at the hotel) is $4.25 each way ($1.90 for seniors), there is no reason to consider anything more. However, add the fact that the Glenpointe Marriott offers ample open parking in a safe location and accepts AAA on many dates (for further room rate reductions). There are interesting food options locally on Cedar Lane in Teaneck (keeping in mind that most of them are kosher and closed Friday night and during the day on Saturday) as well as recently renovated movie theater. There are numerous shopping in malls in Paramus as well (note that there is no sales tax on clothing in NJ).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
The Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe provides easy access into NYC with express NJ Transit bus access directly behind the property, while our local area offers many fantastic local options for dining, shopping and exploring. Thank you for highlighting your experiences and I am excited to know you have been able to take full advantage of these sights. Your continued loyalty is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again!
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels, motels, inns etc. over the years. Fromthe USA, Canada, Europe...I must say that once of the most pleasant experiences and stays that I can recall, was my recent stay at your Glenpointe Marriott. From the smiling faces, to the superb meals, everthing was top self..and the cherry on the sundae was the return of my sisters "lost" jacket, right before our departure! The staff accomodated our every need, and we had a large group for breakfast!! Nothing was a problem, and the warmth that everyone exuded was such a pleasant change from the indifference I have experienced lately. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: our group had rooms on the 8th, 9th, and 14th floor..they were all good!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
These are simply fantastic comments and I am most appreciative of your time to submit this feedback for our team to see. It was a pleasure having you and your group as our guests! I am pleased to learn your jacket was returned prior to departing and am excited to read how our outstanding associates made your experience one of the best in the history of your travels. We can't wait to welcome you back!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I always stay at this Marriott when I'm in town on business. They upgraded the dining area and it looks really nice. The staff is always helpful and really friendly. This is my go to hotel when I'm in NJ.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for making the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe your place to stay when in town for business. I have shared your feedback about the friendliness of our team and we appreciate your continued loyalty.
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Teaneck Marriott on business for a week every month on average. I can't say enough great things about this property but the best part is the staff. They greet us by name when they see us and make us feel right at home. Always five star customer service. Fantastic fitness center also. It is a true gym complete with trainers and pretty much every machine you can imagine. Rooms, concierge lounge, and restaurants get 5 stars too. Definitely one of the nicest full service Marriotts I've stayed in and I stay in lots of them!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
We appreciate your kind words and this five star review! Our team takes great pride in making the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe your home away from home. I will certainly share your comments with them and we will look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for being part of our family!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night because of my husband's business trip. It definitely is a business hotel. It's right off the highway. There's nothing within walking distance. You definitely need a car to get around. There is a public bus stop next to hotel but this out-of-state gal is not brave enough to go anywhere except the fitness room, which had a variety of equipments. Thank goodness we only stayed here for one night for business, otherwise it's a very nice hotel for a couple's trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. We are located within minutes of some of the greatest area attractions and the NJ Transit bus line runs directly from our hotel into NYC at Port Authority. I am sorry you were unable to explore the sites during this particularly quick trip, but do hope you have the chance to return in the near future.

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!