“Good Hotel, a little dated, excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Teaneck
London, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel, a little dated, excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A strange hotel stuck in the middle of nowhere but obviously well used and liked by regulars as there appears to be a good relationship between guests and staff in both the reception and the bar areas. The rooms are comfortable even though the bed was better suited to someone who liked soft beds. The bathrooms are a little dated but contain a range of good toiletries. It is nice to be in a hotel where wifi is free throughout.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Maitland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Ingram at the front desk was very helpful with contacting the Marriott Marquis for us to help with an issue we had with a tour. She went above and beyond to be helpful. Thanks to Ingram, we appreciate your help.

• Stayed November 2013
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Chose here to stay forhusban's eye surgery. Checked in the night before where front desk upgraded us to concierge privileges without us asking for them. Way to go! The. After edit g Mr Arnold, executive director of Housekkepingi I the elevator, soup was delivered to the room with a kind note for speedy recovery. They also cleaned early so my husband could rest after am surgery. The special treatment was greatly appreciated. Room was comfortable and clean. Easy access to GW Bridge. Would stay again for fun!

Room Tip: Faced highway, view great no noise on 10 floor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I never write reviews of hotels I stay in while on work trips. For the most part they are just 'meh'. Or, they just have a pretty lobby and a good room.

I totally enjoyed this Marriott. I stayed 4 nights in October, Sunday - Thursday.

What made it stand out special to me:

- The lobby level is incredibly well designed for a business traveler. It's huge, but they have all these separate areas for different types of activities. This makes you and whoever you are with feel like you are in a small personal area for a private rendezvous.

- The restaurant is beautiful. My favorite area were the 'hidden' couches on the top left side as you walk in. Great place to have coffee in the morning and chill. Also strategically located to the very good breakfast buffet. On the side opposite the chill couches were low dropped huge pandant lamps. Tres chic. I loved the colors. Wish I thought to take a picture of it. Breakfast was delicious. I ordered the breakfast sandwich one day and the buffet the next. The buffet had more types of fresh fruit than typical and an omelette station with a very accommodating cook.

- The people. Most Marriott staff usually have a consistently good brand of professionalism and politeness. The staff here showed that in spades. Everyone from the restaurant manager to the cleaning person.

By the way, please tip your cleaning person. I have tipped $3 / day since I read an article 'the most important person to tip on your trip' that made total sense. Why tip the luggage person $1/bag for 3 minutes of work when the cleaning person spends 20 minutes in your room? I always leave a note with 3 new bills "I hope you have a great day" or "Thank you for cleaning my room!"

- GREAT water pressure. This cut minutes off my morning routine.
The restaurant manager told me that the restaurant and lobby renovation completed in August 2013, and the rooms were going to be renovated in 2014.

I secretly thought "darn - there goes the great water pressure". The rooms seemed totally fine to me. Flat screen TV. Decent, not great beds. Plumbing fixtures were definitely on the old side. Carpet seemed fine. BIG rooms. If I get back during the renovation I will definitely ask for a "Room not yet renovated" just to get the good water pressure. I know I know, save the earth and all that...

- The cleaning person accommodated all requests I left in notes - for extra water glasses, face washrags, etc

- Free fridge. This is a big deal to me. I had dinner at the Whole Foods in Paramus my first night. Bought back proscuitto, cheddar, 2 apples, and olives, a 24 pack of water, coke zeros, and a bottle of red wine. Perfect snack food while working late with the little baggies of crackers and nuts that I had packed. Took the water back to Manhattan for a play weekend to avoid having to pay $3 / bottle from the hotel. Used all but 4 of them between coffee, tea, and water.

- GREAT AT&T cellular reception. 5 bars the whole time. I used my Galaxy Note 2 to tether my laptop. Speedtest.net showed 15Mbps download and 5-8Mbps up. I believe this Marriott has free WiFi in the lobby, but my LTE or 4G service via cellular might be faster and its certainly more secure..

Room Tip: I had a perfect room location - 3 doors away from elevator but still close to the ice machine.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had myself and 3 colleagues stayed at this hotel and we uniformly had the same comments. The lobby is beautiful, the staff generally very friendly, but towels in the room were awful. One colleague compared the towels to a fine sandpaper, in my room the towels had holes in them and were generally tread bare a various nights we stayed. I thought the first night that I just had a bad batch of towels, but that wasn't the case.

For the room charge, the towels should be top notch, not holey and threadbare.

The food in the hotel was pretty good, as was the lounge.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for several days while attending a near by work location. Big hotel, would say it is reasonally recently refurbished and was a good base. After having stayed in predominantly European hotels for the last few years, was amazed at the room size, huge! Great bed, food and beverage services all good, and lots of amenities on site. Staff very helpful where needed and the corporate lounge on level 14 was small but useful.

Room Tip: Higher up and facing Manhatten gives you a fantastic view!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sixty members of my family had a reunion at the Teaneck Marriott. The accommodations were first rate, the staff exceptionally helpful, and the location convenient to Manhattan. The restaurant food was good I'd recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!