“The more I stay here the more I dont want to stay here” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Frank W Burr Blvd, Teaneck, NJ 07666   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Teaneck
Sharon, Massachusetts
“The more I stay here the more I dont want to stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

To start with, I am a Marriott Rewards Elite Silver member. In my profile I have certain preferences listed for my room type such as high floor, mini fridge in room, and extra towels. I stay at this Marriott location 5-8 times a year and this location consistently does not provide ANY of my preferences, ever! They clearly dont even look and I feel this is very disrespectful to me. I do not have this same problem at other Marriott sites. Second, the hotel is rather pricey for this area and still charges what amounts to nearly $14 for internet after taxes. The wireless internet is lousy and inconsistent and drops off frequently, hardly worth the price. I bought it the first night and after its poor performance chose not to pay for the remaining nights. Third, the cleaning staff is inconsistent with what bathroom products end up in the bathroom, as a frequent guest, I know what is supposed to be there, and only 1 of my 3 nights stayed were all of the amenities provided to me. Finally, the hotel has made some very nice renovations to its lobby and restaurant area - a wonderful improvement. Unfortunately, I still consider the guest rooms plain and outdated. its time for some new rugs and furniture to give the rooms a cleaner, fresher, brighter feel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are adequately clean, however, the furnishings are outdated. I wouldnt spring for a p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We wish to thank you for taking the time to share some of your concerns with us and for your understanding in reference to the issues you had while staying with us. Here at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, we believe that there is nothing more important than the “voice of the customer” and sincerely appreciate all feedback regarding the hotel. On behalf of the team we would like to apologize for that experience and reassure you that issues have been addressed with all the departments involved. The staff was informed of your feedback and they are working arduously to correct these issues.

We genuinely care about all of our guests and are proud that so many choose to share their concerns as well as any pleasurable experiences with us. While we strive to make each and every guest experience a comforting one, we do recognize that there are times that we fall short of exceeding our guest’s expectations. It is through this feedback that we are able to take steps to ensure that our future guests are completely satisfied with their stay. I assure you that every issue is addressed by management with the outmost urgency.

I want to personally apologize on behalf of the entire team for the failure experienced. We value your business, and welcome the opportunity to ensure that your next stay here at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe is a truly memorable experience.

Doug S.

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On vacation, my daughter and I stayed at this hotel in order to be closer to my sister who recommended this place. I had never been here before so I wasn't sure what to expect. What impressed me as soon as I walked in the lobby door was the excellent customer service and 'aim to please' attitude. At the registration desk, I asked if there was a way I could upgrade. There was no problem at all and it was just 20 dollars more for a really comfortable, beautiful room, located off the beaten path so it was nice and quiet. The upgrade also included the breakfast buffet. Let me tell you, the breakfast buffet was the best I have had. There was an omelet bar, etc. I wish I could have stayed longer at that hotel!

Room Tip: Always ask for upgrade...it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband, myself, and my family stayed here for my cousin's wedding this past weekend. At check in we were told that we were receiving a complimentary room upgrade which was awesome. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was super clean. My cousin hosted the rehearsal dinner and wedding at this hotel. The food was amazinggggg! Everything was so delicious. I highly recommend this hotel. I've never experienced such a friendly staff before. A+ Service!

Middelfart, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This Mariott is good clean and the staff is very serviceminded. The rooms are quite big and the break fast is good (especially the omelet station).
The location is close to NY, but also next the a large high way so a bit traffic noise. The hotel is located far from anything so you need a car to go anywhere. If you want to go for a run you do have to cross some high way ramps with quite a lot of traffic but then there is 2 nice parks, one of them with a 400 m. track. Also there is a nice gym.

Room Tip: Because of traffic noise from high way the higher you get up the less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Avon, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were a bit reluctant to book at this hotel since it is not in New York City. Our check-in was extremely smooth, thanks in large part to Ashley, one of the Front Desk agents.

Our first question was how to get into New York, and she provided us a schedule and walked us almost all the way to the bus stop. And, indeed, she was correct! The buses come quite often (except on Sunday when they are hourly), and the trip from the hotel to to the Bus Terminal took less than 20 minutes. On our return, Ashley was again on the desk and wanted to make certain our experience with the bus was uneventful.

The rooms are large, extremely clean, and both the beds and linens were very comfortable. We were on the Concierge Floor and the evening reception with a delicious chicken pesto pasta was lovely, and the morning breakfast very good -- though the lounge did get a bit crowded during breakfast.

I agree the pool area is not as inviting as some, but the exercise room is more than sufficient.

Yes, we will stay at this hotel again when we are heading into New York City!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is one of the best Marriott Hotels in the chain with a staff to match. The lobby is great and the rooms are very large.

If you are traveling into New York City you are just minutes away and much less expensive.

Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here on a visit to family. Spent very little time at the hotel but our late check in was smooth and the bar/lounge was open. Room was spacious and clean with nice amenities. Check out was smooth and no surprises. Front desk staff was very pleasant. Hotel was also in a very convenient location, right off of the highway.

Room Tip: Room was on the 4th floor and looked out to the highway but did not hear any noise from the traffic.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!