“NOT AUTHENTIC AT ALL” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 restaurants in Sussex
northern,nj
“NOT AUTHENTIC AT ALL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

First off...by the name of the place and it being a "Puerto rican" restaurant, it just doesn't give off Puerto Rican at all! Place looks like the last 3 places that were there,an old school diner. Second,they have the menu in English and Spanish, so you figure "ok I can order the Spanish dishes in spanish"..well I order the pernil con Arroz y habichuelas and the waitress doesn't understand me and is confused as to whether I'm ordering the "chunks of chicken or the pork chops"...she brought me what I thought I ordered and it ended up looking like chicken fingers. Not one Spanish person was working there. Idk what kind of gimmick they're trying to pull here but I can tell you this place won't last past next summer.Theres a guy that walks back n forth in and out the kitchen that gives the A - hole vibe too. Food was about 6 maybe 7. But my overall thoughts of this place,WEAK! They need authenticity. If I go to an Asian restaurant I expect to see mr.miyagi...deli for Taylor ham egg n cheese sandwiches I want white people. You get me?

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Augusta, New Jersey
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Authentic cuisine - Puerto Rican. I went to dinner with a friend and we had a most enjoyable meal. The food is delicious but they have a limited menu - every night they have 2 specials....it would be better if the specials were offered every night. It is more like going to dinner at your relative's home. They have empanadas and other delicious appetizers that can make a great dinner. My friend and I had the pork chop special, rice and beans. Food is very reasonably priced. The restaurant is located in an old diner by the Route 284 light. I hope the owners can make a living at this location. Service was very good....they have lunch specials too - they serve hamburgers so you can get some diner food....wish the owners good luck in this location. The only criticism I have is that the menu is extremely limited. They are only open Wednesdays thru Saturdays. (More recently, this was Atch's Diner.)

• Visited October 2013