“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Summit B&B and Inns
Buffalo, New York
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

This is a wonderful hotel, SO much better than staying in an impersonalbig name chain like Marriott or Holiday Inn! No contest. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel has fascinating history, has been beautifully renovated, real luxury at an incredibly reasonable price. We look forward to staying here again and again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Essex, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

A very charming, well restored older home in a very upscale neighborhood. Several items detracted from an enjoyable stay, however. The first involved a private family party that had taken over the front lawn, the entire porch, and most of the first floor common areas. This is what we had to wade through to get to the hostess to check in. Then the hostess was our second disappointment. While she was sweet and bubbly, it became apparent she was either tipsy from enjoying the private party, or she was not competent. We managed to get to our rooms despite her lack of professionalism. Rooms were OK, except the single room we reserved for my older sister was EXTREMELY small. No chair to sit in, because there was no room for one. Our room was comfortable, but in the two-night stay, there were never any pillow cases on the pillows. What's that all about? On our second day, the towels and face cloths we used on day one were taken to be laundered, but not replaced. How does one dry off with a hand towel each? While we knew that breakfast was to be Continental only, it was meager. A tiny offering of granola was available on our first morning, but missing on the second. Coffee was available, but no decaf was offered. The fresh fruit was good, and the home made baked items were good, but more attention is needed to keep what is offered replenished. The only sugar available was low-cal. It was difficult to find real sugar. Our sense is that this place is in the throes of getting started with some start-up problems, or there is no real oversight by the ownership. Or, hosting out-of-town guests is a side show to opening up the first floor to private parties. We'll never know, because we won't go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Kirkland,wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I spent five great nights at the DeBary Inn . From the time that I arrived I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I went to Manhattan everyday which was simple and easy from the inn being only about a five minute walk to the train station( which conviently had a Starbucks across the street... How great when your visiting from Seattle to be able to get your coffee rush in the morning!) The Inn was a quiet oasis from the busy city & the staff of Sean and Holly made myself & my girlfriend who were traveling for a 40th birthday feel right at home. I must confess I was quite suprised to find out Sean had only worked at the inn for a mere three weeks, which I would have never guessed since he seemed so professional and well adapted to the job... not to mention going above and beyond to make my trip a fabulous one. This stay will definatly be ranked as one the best I have had in my many years of travel and I will not hesitate to book a room there again for New York travel. Thank you to Sean and Holly for the great stay!
Katie in Kirkland Washington

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Oradell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I recently spent one night at the DeBary Inn while visiting family in Summit. The Inn itself is very charming, with a cozy lounge and beautiful wraparound porch that is perfect for relaxing over a glass of wine and watching the world go by. The Inn's location is also impeccable; it's well within walking distance to Summit's boutiques and restaurants, as well as to the local train station -- even with a mid-sized rolling suitcase!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed at the DeBary Inn for the first time on a recent business trip to meet with clients at Morristown Memorial Hospital. I could not have been happier with my choice - a beautiful building in a pretty town and rooms that made relaxing after a long day very easy. Be sure to sit on the porch in the evening if you have the chance. The staff was very professional and courteous, especially Holly, who took care of everything very efficiently and always had a smile. Overall a great experience and I will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Would love to recommend this cute inn more highly, but it was a disappointment to arrive after a long drive to a host of problems: no one to welcome us, but just an envelope and key sitting on the desk; wrong key for our daughters' room and no one that even answered the emergency number to help us (we had to leave a message); broken TV and had to listen to a Comcast repair call while the manager worked on fixing it to no avail; no robes as promised, no hair dryers, no pillow cases, and not even cream or sugar for coffee. Also, some missing window screens and non-working light bulbs. Not quite up to the standard promised on their website and they need to work on improving their service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
randolph nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I stayed at the debary inn, which is walking distance to Summit NJ for 2 weeks and will be back in March. They just reopened their hotel and GM and staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable. I stayed in #8 for a few days with a fireplace and lots of space. Room #10 is smaller and yet very comfortable. I have booked this room for Most of March. There are some wonderful restauraunts within walking distance. I recommend the debary Inn for a great stay if you are doing business in north new jersey.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to DeBary Inn? Share your experiences!