“World Class Hummus, Restaurant Owned/Run By Lovely Young Couple” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Burlington, Vermont
“World Class Hummus, Restaurant Owned/Run By Lovely Young Couple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

While working in Summit, NJ, we had already picked up some wraps at another restaurant, but on a hunch on the way back to the office we stopped at Negeen Persian Grill to pick up some hummus to go.

The verdict: the warm hummus with olive oil we enjoyed from Negeen Persian Grill is "World Class" - think "Abu Ghosh" - the Arab Israeli town just outside of Jerusalem, think Yotam Ottolenghi's and Sami Tamimi's recipe from their cookbook "Jerusalem."

If I return to Summit, I'll stop by Negeen Persian Grill!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Florham Park, New Jersey
“Persian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited this establishment a couple of times this past year. Our last visit will be our last. Persian cuisine is not common in our neck of the woods, so you really can't know what things on the menu taste like. You go to places like this for the adventure of trying something completely different. My wife had ordered a plate, supposedly a special, as recommended by the waiter, who is also the owner. The dinner arrives and you can't wait to taste it. This meal though, tasted like absolute crap! Everyone of our group tasted it and agreed that it was terrible! We told this to the owner/waiter and it was something that he didn't want to hear! We told him that we would like something else in its place! Short of him having a hissy fit, he returned to the kitchen and then out comes his wife, and she didn't want to hear anything negative about her cooking! Her answer to the problem was to say in the nastiest tone, "Well, if you didn't like it, you shouldn't have ordered it!" What kind of restaurateur says this kind of thing to a patron? We didn't ask for a substitute by causing a scene! We calmly said what we thought about the meal, and could we order something else in its place!
These 2 restauranteurs are very arrogant in their manner and I can not recommend this place to anyone. Just avoid this place!
ps the rest of the meal was nothing to rave about either!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“Wife dragged me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

You know it was okay. There was a lot of hype about the place, and while the food was pleasant....it wasn't memorable.

Service was just okay. My wife was not impressed either because we have not been back since the first visit.

Visited December 2012
Leonia
“Rude owner, mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I thought the friends who we were joining for dinner made a reservation. The place was empty. We were seated. When our friends joined my wife and me the owner asked my friends what name the reservation was under and we learned then that they had not made a reservation. The owner then looked at me and said with some kind of a snarl or snarky tone, "Why did you say you had a reservation?" to which I replied, "I thought my friends who invited us had made a reservation." Again, the place was next to empty. Like I needed to hear tone when I go out to eat in a place which serves only mediocre food? The owner is a simple jerk. The rest of the staff was quite polite. But in short, the food is mediocre, at best. Definitely wouldn't return to the restaurant for the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Livingston, New Jersey
“Horrible Nageen Restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The guy who owns the restaurant (Azar?) was very rude. We made a reservation for four people, but when my son did not order any food, this guy got mad and became very rude. It seems that manners are not part of his education. In addition to this, the food was horrible and very expensive. I have eaten at numerous Persian restaurants and I can tell you what I saw at Nageen no Persian food. Worse, the meat smelled very bad. The décor and service leave a lot to be desired. They really made us feel like they were doing us a favor. It is absolutely amazing and surprising that this restaurant is still in business. The health department should pay them a surprise visit. I will never, ever set foot there again, and I highly advise you to do the same.

• Visited October 2013