“Small portions, expensive, terrible service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 58 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Small portions, expensive, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

After buying an amazon deal for this place, I expected a better value. I was wrong. The grilled veggie app is nothing special and just veggies and oil for $11! There were 4 tiny cubes of chicken in my dish for $17. Very odd service from all that work there. No customer service and they WILL include gratuity in the bill for any size party. You have no choice! I do not recommend you go here because even with the amazon deal it was $22 more!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nageen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The rice is amazing. Great variety of vegatarian and chicken dishes. Short walk from the DeBary Inn.

Visited August 2012
Springfield, New Jersey
“Authentic Persian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Persian food is both delicious and underrated. I'd describe it as somewhere halfway between Greek and non-spicy Indian food. Negeen's is a terrific place to get initiated into Persian cuisine. I have eaten there with my family on at least twenty occasions and have never left disappointed. Here's some of my favorite dishes: KASHKE BADEMJAN (if you like baba ganoush then you will love this app) a delicious warm eggplant spread that you eat with their fresh warm flat bread, JUJEH KABOB - tender, marinated young chicken breast with rice and GOURMEH SABZI - very delicious lamb (very lean) and vegetable stew (that looks more Indian, but savory and not hot spicy) served over rice. For dessert do not miss the pot of Persian tea and a piece of homemade BAKLAVAH. My wife and I usually dine slowly for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours and are never rushed by our gracious hosts. Once you go there, you will learn firsthand why Persian people have had a long standing reputation for their hospitality.

Visited June 2012
Central New Jersey
“Don't bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Their website says, "From the moment you walk through the door of Negeen Persian Grill in Summit, tantalizing spices, warm colors and Eastern sounds excite the senses. The vision of husband-and-wife team Mike and Azar Zarrabikia, the grill opened in February to introduce Persian cuisine to local palates." We must have been at the wrong Negeen because this is not at all what we encountered!

One of the most important impressions that any restaurant can make, especially to a first-time patron, is great customer service and a welcoming, appreciative host. This place has neither and we were met at the door by none other than the owner, Mike Zarrabikia, whom I recognized from his photo on the restaurant's website. His aloof and cold reception immediately put us off. Even worse, the food was as mediocre as the service. We had lunch which consisted of a falafel salad, a kabob bargh and a shrimp and scallop kabob. Missing were all the great flavors and spices that one expects from good Middle Eastern cooking. Everything was bland and tasteless! Mr. Z barely spoke to us the entire time we were there and we felt unwelcome in spite of being the only people at an otherwise empty restaurant. The bill for LUNCH came to $60, making this an expensive lesson in where NOT TO EAT.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Millburn, New Jersey
“SAVE YOUR STOMACH !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Threw my guts up all night long after eating here. The food was not fresh at all The scallops and shrimp kabob were dried up and highly disappointing and tasted as if they were held over from the day before. The supposedly larger skewer portion size was fit for a 5 yr old (two small bay scallops and small shrimp with one small piece of onion, one slice of green pepper, and a tomatoe that was not fresh), the rice was very mediocre and tasteless. The hummus appetizer was floating in oil, the eggplant dip had old eggplant in it (which I believe was one of the items making me violently sick), the yogurt dip appetizer was the only edible item (hence the 1 star). The pita was dried out and burnt. The service was awful, not even a refill on the water...had to ask the waitress to remove the plates after we had eaten (after the plates sat there for 15 min). Don't waste your time here. Either go to "Food" across the street, or "Bona Vita Osteria", or "Summit Thai", or "La Pasteria" not far from this atrocious restaurant; which are much better choices. PS, my "clean plate" had some unidentifiable crust on it upon our seating. I guess they don't check for the cleanliness of their flatware and plates before they put out the place settings...YUK!! They couldn't pay me to eat here again !! Zagat rated...my butt.

• Visited May 2012