Or the fact that this place is an hour from Philadelphia! Spent the most beautiful weekend there this past week...the whole place looks like it belongs in the English countryside. Maybe it was since we had the Garden cottage and the decor screamed english countryside chic! Complete opposite of our usual contemprary taste, but it worked.
So, for an Inn, the room was nice, as usually they are a bit cheesy, even the nicest ones. Please don't expect four seasons slick-ness; it is very homey. What truly puts this at a four star for me:
- Amazing private garden that no other room has...we saw the other suites and they all have either covered porches or the cutest adirondack chairs, but nothing like breakfast and the NY times in your own country garden
- Breakfast- fantastic! We had delivered to the room everyday and it was perfect...
- The grounds: while not immense, perfect to stroll around. A bottle of wine, the Inn's cheese plate on the Inn's main patio, or facing the corn fields near the sheep- out of a magazine. The innkeepers were so nice and the free goodies are delectable
- Activities: no brainer to get the bikes delivered to your room. It is a nominal fee to have them ready for you in the am, and then u just leave them there at the end of day. We are not bikers, but the bike path along the river was easy and very scenic. We biked to the Black bass hotel for lunch, would highly recommend it! We also biked back from the hotel to Lamberstville- about 8 miles or so. There was one rough patch, but overall very pretty.
So all in all, an amazing getaway given the proximity to the city. Back to nature with the option of a two person jacuzzi...perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our romantic New Hope Bed and Breakfast, a Select Registry Property, along the Delaware River, near wineries, shopping and dining. Our charming inn in Stockton, NJ features private cottages and luxurious suites with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, fresh flowers and fluffy robes. Every stay at our award winning New Hope, PA hotel includes a complimentary gourmet breakfast, afternoon sweets, soft drinks and water, NY Times and WiFi. Come relax your cares away and discover a simpler way of life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Woolverton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolverton Hotel Stockton