You added Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center to your Saves list
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanhope
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Good Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is right near Route 80 and very convenient to restaurants near by. The hotel is like any other Residence Inn. My room was clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly. Breakfast was a kind of average - nothing special. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear John T,

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete the an online review with positive comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing each guest with excellent service and we are able to use these reviews to praise them and/or to improve future guest experiences. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us!

Our breakfast is much more than what you get at other hotels, with fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, as well as a variety of cereals, pastries, and fruits to give you what you need to start your day off right. However, we are working to improve our breakfast selection and quality for our guests to meet their needs. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks again and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Adam Gollub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Queens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Chose this hotel because it is near Wild West City theme park. Upon arrival, we were greeted courteously by front desk staff woman with a big smile. We spun the wheel and got free Marriott rewards bonus points. There were cookies and m&m's to greet us as well. We used the swimming pool and jacuzzi, both well maintained and clean. However, we found the water to be a bit cold in the pool. It was Monday night so we had their free appetizers and drinks (wine and beer included). We were too full so didn't have to spend any money on dinner. My husband loved the ping pong table in the lobby. The rooms are spacious suites with nice kitchen area.

We went to the local mall in Rockaway, NJ and saw a movie at the AMC theater. This theater was by far the cleanest and best movie theater we have ever visited. The screens are enormous (larger than life size) and we were so impressed! Thanks for the recommendation at the front desk for this theater!

The next day we enjoyed the hot buffet breakfast. It was so plentiful that it kept us full for the entire day! If we are ever in the area again, we would stay at this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear luckyteacher,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review and sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center with future guests.

Our staff truly takes pride in providing each and every guest with wonderful stays! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work by completing this an online review with positive remarks.

You’re a valued customer. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed here by default when attending an event about 20 minutes away. Seems like it's in the middle of nowhere but the hotel was great. The staff were very friendly and room very clean. The morning breakfast was a hit!! Property overall is well maintained

Stayed August 2014
Adam G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Nycap2001,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Mount Olive. Our hotel location is in the heart of the International Trade Center, home to many Fortune 500 companies, as well as numerous catering venues in the area. Our goal is for you to have a comfortable and relaxing stay. Our entire staff is dedicated to the mission of being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the area by anticipating your needs and exceeding your expectations. We strive to provide you with service so memorable that you’ll tell stories about it! I appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to share this review with my entire team. Thank you again for staying with us!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This location was chosen for wedding guests. The front desk staff was very friendly, and the property was convenient, clean and comfortable. Everyone enjoyed being able to stay at the same hotel, and it was nice to have a hot breakfast available the following morning. We would stay here again if in the area, and there was a little town, Andover, nearby with antique stores for browsing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Lois6848,

I would like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Mount Olive and I hope you had a safe trip home.

Our goal is for you to be extremely satisfied with your overall stay. We are continuously striving to improve customer service and the voice of our guests is our best resource. Thank you very much for taking time to complete an online review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing each guest with excellent service and we are able to use these reviews to praise them and/or to improve future guest experiences. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us!

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Merritt Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel is nice; location convenient, albeit congested; overall vibe is average. There is nothing particularly outstanding about this hotel. The breakfast is average. Our room was located on the first floor, with a terrible view. We were traveling with a dog that is very well behaved and is a small, non-shedding, hypo-allergenic breed. Apparently that caused us to be relegated to the "dog wing." If you have to stay in the middle of a fairly congested area, this is probably as good as it gets.

Room Tip: Not first floor
Green Features: No environmentally-friendly practices were noticed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear cocobch,

Thank you very much for recently staying with us and especially for taking time to complete an online review. I noticed we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we are working diligently to address your concerns. I am happy to report that our property is going through a full renovation this coming fall. I am confident that your next visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Mt. Olive will be more enjoyable!

My apologies about being placed on the first wing of our hotel. Given that we are a pet friendly hotel and that we often have guests that have severe allergies to pet hair, we do the best we can to keep our pet rooms on the first floor and close to an exit. Typically this is ideal for our travelers with animals, but I understand why you would rather be on a higher floor.

I can further assure you that your choice in choosing our hotel over another one was not an error and I certainly hope that you will allow us another chance to reprieve our mistakes and let us serve you again in the near future and keep you coming back to our hotel. Your business is never taken for granted at our hotel.
Warwick, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

After much careful research I booked a wedding block at this Residence Inn for family and friends that were attending my daughters wedding on June 21. We never got to stay there.
Our block of 10 rooms was moved to the Holiday Inn next door when they were over booked - they said due to fire victims staying there long term that did not get a CO and could not move out of the hotel. However they had 6- yes 6 wedding blocks for that weekend and because our block was only for Saturday pm and not 2 nights Friday and Sat -we were bumped.
My husband checked in on Friday at noon ( they knew about this at 10 am) and was not told there was a problem with the block for Sat pm. we only found out when one of our guests texted us that she had gotten an e-mail saying that they could not honor the block reservation and all were being moved to the Holiday INN. This was distressing to find out this way and then have to call the hotel to see what was going on, I feel it was not handled correctly.My husband and I moved our 2 night reservation to the Holiday Inn to be in the same hotel as our guests. My husband is a Silver Elite member and we were going to use points for our stay ( they were refunded) and we asked for and got one more night reward points for our troubles.
The Holiday Inn gave us rooms for the same price - but they were not as nice as the Residence Inn rooms and did not have refrigerators.
The Residence INN did provide school bus co 1st Student bus shuttle for the wedding as promised and that worked out very well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear DJ7933,

I want to take this time to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Mt. Olive. We take great pride in our hotel and the high level of service we strive to give to our guests during their stay with us.

I regreted to inform you that we will not be able to honor your upcoming wedding block. We've had several families staying with us for over a month, who lost their home in a fire. A local apartment complex caught on fire and displaced many families. Their construction crews has been working day and night to try and restore the home as quickly as possible for the families to move back. They were due to depart our property the day of your arrival. They called us that morning and informed us that the building inspector found a few discrepancies which needs to be resolved prior to the family moving back home. We ultimately had to extend their reservations for an additional few days, which given the situation we had to honor.

We have took your existing reservations and had them transferred to our sister property the Holiday Inn, across the street. We tried our best to manage this situation to the best of our ability and to cause as little impact as possible for the actual wedding.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you encountered. I completely understand how inconvenient it can be to receive this news the morning of your arrival. We do the best we can do block our elite members like yourself in our best rooms. Unfortunately the night of your stay was the exception rather than the rule as we were sold out with limited rooms available in the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology.

To show our gratitude for your stay with us and to express our sorrow for what you experienced, I am applying 15,000 bonus points to your new rewards account.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to our hotel, so that I can personally ensure your complete satisfaction with our hotel. If you need to speak with me for any reason, please feel free to call me directly at 973-691-1720 ext 4905. We look forward to being of better service to you in the future.

Pocono Mountains, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. Comfortable, clean and roomy. I was here on a week-long business trip and was very comfortable. While I chose to eat in the local restaurants (many good restaurants in the area) the kitchenette was a nice option. The front desk staff was hospitable and friendly. The manager was available and accessible. Plenty of choices for breakfast. Would definitely stay here again as well as recommend. Clean…Friendly…A+

Room Tip: Pillow on bed were not full size…they give you four, if I remember. This bothered some of my colleag...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear arimark,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive comments you provided. Our staff truly takes pride in providing each and every guest with wonderful stays! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work by completing this online review.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center? Share your experiences!