“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Down to the Bone BBQ & Co. - CLOSED

Down to the Bone BBQ & Co.
172 Lackawanna Drive, Stanhope, NJ
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great friendly service. Menu has something for everyone. Reasonably priced and portions are generous. Had ribs that were perfect! What a great place. Can't wait to go back when we can sit outside. Owner Jeff is friendly and welcoming and the staff couldn't do enough to make our visit the best.

Ledgewood, New Jersey, United States
“Food Great-Service SLOW-Server care less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food was great, always is. I have never had a bad meal here.

We have tried the place ~5 times and the service is always slow. I'm not sure if its the kitchen or our server. She hardly came by to offer us refills on our drinks or even ask if I wanted another beer.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flanders, NJ
“GREAT BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Definitely a hidden gem. Passed this place numerous times, but was recommended by a neighbor to try. Wonderful food - Had full rack of ribs (brought more than half home), and husband had brisket. Food was delicious. Very casual, fun place. Owner Jeff obviously takes pride in the product he produces; staff is very friendly and accommodating. Looking forward to sitting outside on patio overlooking lake in the summer. Must try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hackettstown
“Surprising little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My sister-in-law initially recommended this restaurant to my husband and I and we were pleasantly surprised. We were curious how this place wasn't busier because the food was delicious. The portions were big, my husband and I couldn't finish our meals. At first the service was slow, but surprisingly at the waitstaff helped each other out. The host seated us, then our waitress took our orders and others helped clear our table. You have to try the wings. They are huge, but you need to get them hot. The other sauce flavors aren't that great in my opinion. The ribs are good, and the bacon cheeseburger was good too. My husband got the half chicken and was a bit surprised to literally receive half of a chicken. Also from what I know, the women's bathroom was nice. I usually judge a place by its bathroom and I have no complaints. We have been there twice already and I cannot wait to go back. The pricing is not bad for the amount of food you receive. I am almost certain its one of my husband's favorite new places to go out on date night.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“They should have named it "out of business"because that is exactly what it will be eventually.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I went the first time for a baby shower. The shower itself was nice and the atmosphere was great, however, the food was served cold and bland abs the drinks were EXTREMELY overpriced. I was under the assumption that this instance could have been a fluke so I went back with my family to try again. Food was lousy at best and took forever to arrive, drinks all way over priced (12 dollars for a glass of wine filled half way). server was obnoxious and my over all experience was terrible. Fool me once, shame on me... Fool me twice...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere