“EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY, DON'T HESITATE TO COME, 4 STARS ALL THE WAY.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whistling Swan Inn

You added Whistling Swan Inn to your Saves list
Whistling Swan Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   110 Main St., Stanhope, NJ 07874   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Stanhope B&B and Inns
Reisterstown, Maryland
“EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY, DON'T HESITATE TO COME, 4 STARS ALL THE WAY.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is an outstanding B & B in every facet, beautiful in its furnishing/architecture and truly professional and lovely innkeepers in Ros and Tom. Lovely accommodations, hospitable, perfect for couples or travelers or business folk, anyone...Very clean and homely in every aspect...Great scenic areas and lakes nearby...plenty to do and see....Ros and Tom ensure that there are always DELICIOUS COOKIES and tea, coffee, soda, etc available in their parlor 24 hours a day. Other snacks available as well, but the COOKIES are the highlight...Comfortable tables to sit at and relax in the evening with warm beverages....LOVELY BREAKFAST, fresh granola, bacon, bread, juices, ROS is very accomodating with what you prefer...will cater to your dietary needs and morning schedule. Delicious fresh fruit, pancakes, one could not ask for more....Best part of stay is the enduring HOSPITALITY from ROS and TOM....a true credit to the B & B community....These innkeepers are PROS in every way with what they do and offer. Many thanks again, Edward

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This was an excellent place to stay. Everything was very clean and well-kept. The service was phenomenal and very personable! Would come back again for a weekend getaway. The innkeeper was extremely hospitable and made sure we were accommodated to the fullest extent.

• Stayed October 2012
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were on our way home from Pennsylvania and decided to stop for the night at this beautiful B&B. I asked if they could accommodate a gluten free person and they said they had someone else there who was also gluten free. Our room was just beautiful. We had 2 bathrooms, king size bed, jacuzzi for two and a sitting room. Our bed was so comfortable - I slept like a log. The next morning Tom created a wonderful potato crust frittata. It had tomatoes, sliced potatoes, cheeses and was really delicious. There was sausages and a pumpkin french toast for those who are not gluten free - cereal and fruit plate, also. My husband had the french toast and said it was delicious. Rosalind offered to make me gluten free oatmeal but when I left I was full. Whether you are gluten free or a "normal" person be sure to stop at this B&B. You will be happy that you did!

Room Tip: Any room that you decide to stay in will be just fine. All of them are beautiful and it is very qui...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This weekend I stayed with Roz and Tom at the WSI. Even though the inn was full everyone was so friendly and helpful. Centrally located in the middle of several bustling townships it was easy to get to see many antique shops and attractions all within a 20 minute drive in any direction. Roz suggested we eat at Bell's Mansion and we were able to walk there from the B&B. The food was delicious! The sheets on the bed were so luxurious and comfortable I searched for the name of the manufacturer. (Comphy) Breakfast was a buffet style with everthing from Granola to Made to order Blue Berry Pancakes. Yum Yum! This was my first trip to NJ and boy was I spoiled! I would recommend this INN to a person that is new to the B&B experience as well as seasoned B&B'rs. It was "MAHVELOUS" Thanks Roz and TOM!

Room Tip: Get the biggest room you can afford, the luury is wonderful and you will be papmerping yourself!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SI NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an overnight stay at the Whistling Swan Inn for our 30th wedding anniversary celebration. The Inn exceeded our expectations. It is truly beautiful, both inside and outside on the grounds. Our room was comfortable and very relaxing. The common rooms were amazing and filled with beautiful antiques. Breakfast was quite delicious and plentiful. There are always beverages available along with cookies and other treats, plus a crystal decantur in front of the fireplace with sherry for an evening nightcap.. The best part was the wonderful innkeeper (who is new to this line of work) --Ros, you would never know it ! You are doing a great job! Hope to visit again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Howell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If your looking to relax and unwind this is where you need to be. From the moment we entered the Inn and was greeted by Roz we knew we picked the right place. She was so pleasant showing us around and offering suggestions on things to do and where to eat, she even made our dinner reservations. Since we had been driving all day it was great to be able to take a short walk to the restaurant and stretch our legs. There is also a Jazz/blues tavern down the road where you can have pub food and listen to music, also within walking distance. The Inn offers bikes to use (free of charge) gardens to stroll in, listening to the birds or sound of water from the fountain, sitting on the front porch watching the people go by, which is what my husband and I chose to do. There is a lake nearby for fishing, plenty of trails for hiking or biking and if you cant think of anything to do Roz will take the time to let you know what is available in the area and offer suggestions. Breakfast is amazing, so many choices. For less daring there is cereal, toast, granola and fruit. But for those who want to enjoy a meal they wont forget be sure to try the many choices Roz makes. We had spinach cheese quiche, breakfast potatoes, waffles and bacon the first morning then, breakfast pizza which was layered with cheese, sausage, tomatoes and other spices, blueberry pancakes with real blueberries, along with a nut bread. If you have any dietary restrictions be sure to mention it because she is so accomodating to special needs. They have coffee throughout the day and evening along with plenty of snacks to keep you satisfied. We were up until 1am doing a puzzle in the common room and still had coffee available. We enjoyed this Inn so much that we barely left other then to take a walk around the town and go for a massage. If you want too the Inn will provide for a in room massage.
We stayed in the Stillwater Suite. The bed was very comfy and had plenty of pillows, which is a good thing since my husband is a pillow hog. It has a nice jacuzzi tub for two, plenty of room for my husband and I and I'm no skinny minnie. flat screen TV (although we never used it) the room does have a ceiling fan which cooled the room nicely but if your someone that likes a little noise while you sleep you may want to consider bringing a small fan, it is very quiet at night. We loved this place so much that we plan on coming back and trying out the other rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
East Mordor, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at the inn overnight. I booked last minute and chose the inn by default (they were the only business who answered their phone). I was a little concerned when I read about the Victorian emphasis, because I associate it with stuffy, snooty places. I was delighted to find that this was not so. The innkeepers were welcoming and relaxed, concerned that our nine year old have a good time and not terrified that she might touch something, though it's worth noting that they do not allow children under nine.

The inn itself is just gorgeous. The Victorian details are exquisite, and they're everywhere. There are also a lot of freebies for guests. There's a large common area with snacks, a water cooler, sherry, fruit, and a Keurig machine with a wide choice of pods for coffee, tea and hot chocolate (but mostly coffee) that is open to guests at all hours. I was deeply grateful for it, because I got to have coffee at 6:30 when my daughter got me up rather than waiting until breakfast was served later. The rooms were lovely, and when we had a problem with the temperature, the innkeeper fixed it immediately. We had breakfast there in the morning, and the food was very good (the waffles got a rave review from my daughter), and the quiche was wonderful as well.

The innkeepers were helpful and friendly without being overbearing, and they create a serene and friendly atmosphere that permeates their inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
47Ros, Owner at Whistling Swan Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for the rave review. It was, indeed, my pleasure to host you all. I'm glad to know that the breakfast met with your daughter's approval, as I know from my own experience raising two children, that a nine-year old has very discriminating tastes.

As a new owner/innkeeper, my primary goal has been to create an atmosphere of rest and relaxation for guests of all ages. I'm very happy your last-minute getaway met your expectations, and I'll look forward to seeing you all again.

Ros

Been to Whistling Swan Inn? Share your experiences!