“My sister's big birthday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spring Lake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
Spring Lake Inn
You added Spring Lake Inn to your Saves list
104 Salem Ave, Spring Lake, NJ 07762   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My sister's big birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed this weekend for my sister's 50th. Kids in one room upstairs and adults in the suite downstairs. We had such a great time and a wonderful stay. There was a nice little parlor to sit in and have a drink in the evening, a dining room where we had a delicious breakfast, a spacious comfortable room(s). The beds were great too. I will definitely stay here again when in Spring Lake.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

I got married at Spring Lake Bath and Tennis Club on October 11, 2014 and stayed in the Corner Room at the Spring Lake Inn for the weekend. The room was perfect for my small bridal party to get ready before my wedding. The Corner Room photographed wonderfully with its shades of blue and pretty fireplace. The front porch of the inn was also great for portraits with my parents as it was adorned with fresh autumn flowers.

The room was spotless and inviting. You can tell that the owners take great care in maintaining the property. The aroma of breakfast cooking in the morning and cookies baking in the afternoon made it so warm and inviting. Breakfast (creme brule french toast) was delicious. While you may pay a little more compared to other inns in the area, it's worth it as the Spring Lake Inn is definitely in a league of it's own (I visited several other B&B's before deciding to stay at the Spring Lake Inn for my wedding). I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice weekend getaway, or a bride looking for a place to stay and get ready for her wedding day.

Room Tip: Corner Room is great for a small bridal party to get ready
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

love staying at the spring lake inn! it's cozy,clean and comfortable! a short walk to the beach and a wonderful porch to relax on and also have the most delicious breakfast al fresco...weather permitting of course! the innkeepers and staff are truely lovely! i have stayed many times and like to try the different rooms! always leaving with the thought of "i can't wait until the next time!"

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Mendham, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

We have stayed at the Spring Lake Inn every year for about 10 years and are never disappointed. Rooms are beautiful, food is excellent and staff is great.
We plan to continue to stay at the Inn for years to come...we do not think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

We stayed at the Spring Lake Inn at the end of August and had a wonderful stay. Great room, excellent food, and an extremely helpful and pleasant staff. Large turn-of-the-century front porch was great for people-watching. Only 1.5 blocks to beach. We came without beach chairs but they had them available ... for Free. And these weren't cheap rickety chairs, but solid chairs that a larger person can feel comfortable sitting it. We'd stay there again in a minute and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I truly don't understand that negative review. My family and I had our first stay at the SLI and we had a wonderful time. The innkeepers are nothing but helpful they made sure we had everything we needed make are stay the best. The breakfast is homemade and amazing. The waitresses are delightful, always cheerful at 8 am not like some other B&Bs we have been too. My kids are picky eaters but the waitress gave kid options and made sure they were happy and taken care of. Nothing better then sitting on the porch drinking coffee and smelling the ocean air Our room was spotless top to bottom. The Spring Lake Inn is like the little beach house you never had. I can't express my gratitude enough to the wonderful staff. From the innkeepers, the waitresses and the maids everyone was warm and helpful. This was my our first stay and we can't wait to go back 100% customer loyalty. Like I said I can't understand the negative review, sorry but you must be talking about the wrong place then.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

When you go to a B&B, the innkeepers are an integral part of your experience. We know because we’ve been to B&B’s all over the country and have returned to some for nearly 15 years. So please heed this warning: If you want to go to a place where customer loyalty is rewarded – don’t go to the Spring Lake Inn. If you want to go to a place where you look forward to catching up with the wonderful innkeeper year after year, don’t go to SLI. If you want to go to a place where customer service prevails, don’t go here. And here’s why…

My husband and I booked what would be about our 6th visit to SLI. We’d been going there once a summer and while we found the innkeeper to be a bit prickly (e.g., checkout time is 11:00 AM and we were once harassed by 11:15 about the need to vacate quickly – really?) the inn is well-located and well-kept. Unfortunately the weekend we were scheduled to go, there was a death in our family which necessitated us traveling two hours in the opposite direction from the inn on the Friday we were supposed to check-in.

As such, we called to see what leeway we might be afforded regarding the cancellation policy given we were repeat customers in circumstances clearly out of our control – answer – NONE! Nope, none of it mattered to this innkeeper. No offer was made beyond the usual policy of paying for the weekend in full unless the room was re-booked, and then we’d “only” be charged a rebooking fee of $50. Really – nothing?

So I ended my call with the innkeeper by saying I’d call my husband, discuss our options, and call right back with an answer as to what we wanted to do. I called back 20 minutes later, had a lengthy discussion with the inn manager (a nice woman) who told me she had been apprised of the situation by the innkeeper and asked what we had decided. Since we felt our hands were tied (couldn’t see losing all that money) we bit the bullet and said we had decided to come.

After attending the funeral that Friday afternoon and making a 4-hour drive (usually takes1.5 hours) we arrive, tired and anxious to settle in. But here’s the punch line – the innkeeper tells us he has sold our room!! And now he starts backpedalling saying, “you went back and forth so many times” (I spoke with him once), “you said to put the room up for sale” (I never did), “I was afraid this might happen” (Why? If you’re confused, call us to confirm/clarify). This is where customer service should have kicked in – oh, I’m so sorry; I made a horrible mistake, let me make it up to you, etc. Instead, we got handed a bottle of wine and sent to a shabby inn on a main road to a room overlooking the parking lot of the local Seven-Eleven as an alternative, which we rejected even when offered a discounted price.

In the end, my husband and I found our own room at a different B&B we knew of from previous years with absolutely no help from the innkeeper. We haven’t spoken to him since, will never give him our business again, and I suggest you don’t either! We met several other innkeepers when looking for a room that night who were appalled at the way we were treated (and more helpful as well). As a result, we found a few other lovely places that are equally well-located, with warm innkeepers, who would be happy to have our business and we will happily give it to them. I suggest you do the same.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Spring Lake Inn? Share your experiences!