“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evergreen Inn Bed and Breakfast

Evergreen Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
Evergreen Inn Bed and Breakfast
Corner of Ocean Rd at 206 Hwy 71, Spring Lake Heights, Spring Lake, NJ 07762   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
NY, NY
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary and had a great time. Rooms were clean and breakfast was great. Lorie the innkeeper takes a lot of pride in her B & B and it shows. She made reservations for us at a place that does not take reservations. When we arrived at the restaurant their was an hour wait and we were seated right of way at the best table in the house. (It helps to have connections in this town which evidently she has) We went to the beach each day. Beach passes, towels umbrellas and chairs were all provided. IT was so relaxing. We will definatley return.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hillsborough, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

What a great surprise! We booked the room last minute and it worked out perfectyl. Laurie is so sweet and funny. You can tell she loves what she does. She has thought of everything and much more! They even had a Happy Anniversary banner on our door for us! The room was very comfortable, clean and romantic. We just wish we could have been there longer. We will go back as often as we can!!

• Liked — Everything romantic in the room
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

The cleaning staff was so unhappy and only smiled the day we left, we were there for a week. This place is not friendly, and everything kept falling off the walls, pictures while I sat in the bathroom, mirrors when I walked by, shelves for no reason. What a dump. I was here last year and we received muffins daily and innkeeper was very kind. This year, something changed and she is not available or there and it has gone downhill for sure. There are beautiful places in spring lake, don't waste your money on this one. Previous good reviews, ask them how long they stayed, you can't get a good overview in 2 days. We stayed a week, we saw the real deal.

• Liked — in spring lake, but nothing about this place was good
  • Disliked — the noise, the upkeep terrible, attitude from teeny boppers who work it
  • Tips/Secrets — go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
EvergreenInn, Innkeeper at Evergreen Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 12, 2006
I remember a Marketing Course I took in the early 80s that taught us how to "frame things" to suit our needs. For example: Jack and Jill ran a race and Jack won. However, the goal was to make Jill look good, so we would spin it to say Jill came in second place, while Jack finished second from last. Factual for sure, but not at all accurate. This review was like that.

I have owned and loved this inn and the overwhelming majority of my guests for 10 summers now.

To hit a couple of the items - I love my staff - Krisi is on her 6th summer, Brooke on her 5th summer and Hannah on her 2nd summer. I feel like a part of me dies at the end of the summer when they return to college. My staff (who were offended by the 'teeny-bopper" remark) is outstanding and I am like a proud mother at how amazing these young women are on a consistent basis. However, to begin each day with a trashed room and pee soaked sheets 6 out of 9 nights (I had to replace the mattress when these folks checked out) understandably reduced smiles until check-out day. I stand by my staff and the professionalism they showed 100%.

If asking these guests to diaper thier child to avoid the nightly "accidents" makes me unkind, well so be it. I officially changed my policy to not allow children under 13 as a direct result of these guests.

As far as not being available, I live here at the inn, but must physically leave to buy groceries, supplies, mattresses, go to the recycle center, bank, etc. - and I do go to church on Sunday mornings after breakfast. At no point, was there even a 30 second window without me or a staff member here and available at the inn.

We are running a midweek special that reduces the room rate $75 per night but does not include breakfast, hence no muffins. This was explained clearly (by me) at the time of booking and I do not believe there was any issue receiving the nightly discount.

We really do try to please all people all the time. As a result of that we have a huge repeat guest base - 6 of my 10 rooms tonight have stayed with me before. I feel blessed to love what I do for a living and to have very few "issues" like this.

Springfield, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I also did a fair amount of research before choosing the Evergreen. We have gone to B&B's from Washington St to Cape May and this place was the best. The inn is about 7 blocks to the beach and about the same distance to the town itself. The distance doesn't really matter as parking is not a problem in either case. The inn itself is over 100 years old however, the inside is modern and has all the comforts of home and then some. What makes this inn special is the innkeeper herself. Laurie is a breakfast dynamo. She creates these breakfast extravaganzas that will keep you going until dinner. On top of that, she adds a sense of humor that gets everyone chipping in at one point or another. She went out of her way to help with dinner reservations and her recommendations were on the mark. Her staff is diligent and unobtrusive. This is a true B&B experience with a beautiful beach and quiet town to boot. Not to be missed!

• Stayed July 2006
Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

After doing LOTS and LOTS of research on where to stay in Spring Lake, we decided to stay at Evergreen Inn during the weekend of June 9th. We made the best decision!

Laurie (Innkeeper) welcomed us like old friends! Gave us a tour of the Inn and showed us where the beach chairs, bikes, towels and amenties were. Basically, you can just show up and everything you forgot, Laurie has! She also provided us with free beach passes.(8 dollar value if you buy them on the boardwalk) The beach is about ~ mile away, but there was PLENTY of FREE parking along the beach. The beach was extremely clean and gorgeous! Spring Lake is a town where the houses and the lawns are maintained very well.

The first thing we noticed when we walked into the Inn, how "clean" and "tidy" everything was- what a great first impression! The room where we stayed (Douglas Fir) was just as clean and spotless! We even tipped the chambermaids a little extra at the end of our stay for doing a FABULOUS job with cleaning our room! The bathrooms were spotless! There was a dispenser that provided generous amt of shampoo and soap for showering.

Breakfast was so GOOD that my husband and I keep thinking about it now. Laurie has individual tables set for 2, each with their own carafe of HOT!!! Coffee and another carafe for Orange Juice on each table. Individual yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit/granola and baked cakes are placed on each table.

Then comes the Buffet Ole- French toast with Grand Marnier sauce, an Egg Casserole, homemade breads, cookies and fresh cut up fruit (not canned) on one day. Each day we stayed, there was different breakfast items. There was alway plenty of food. Laurie does not let the guests go away hungry from the dining room! We would pay just to come eat breakfast here.

Laurie was always accessible and approachable- we just had to "ring the bell" and she would always show up. My husband and I cannot wait to go back to Spring Lake and stay at the Evergreen again.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2006

"All I can say about Laurie and her place is "WOW". I have always found the rooms clean, comfortable and the breakfast "AMAZING". She's quite the little chef. Also, she's very helpful with tips for sightseeing and hotspots in the area. I have stayed at Laurie's place on numerous occasions and I am always quite pleased. TWO THUMBS UP !!"

• Stayed June 2006
Farmingdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

Not sure what happened to this other reviewer, But I have stayed here sveral times over the past few years. The inn keeper is always helpful and ther are no surprises with the rooms. They are exactly as their website shows! Very clean and well kept! Best Breakfest you will ever have at a B&B!

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Evergreen Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!