“Happy Hideaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Covington, Georgia
“Happy Hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at the Chateau Inn & Suites Jan 24-26. We decided on the Luxury Parlor because of the big soaking bath. This very nice establishment is tucked away on a quiet residential street. Check in was smooth and the front desk personnel were extremely nice. The room was clean and ultra comfortable and the soaking bath is indeed large enough to accommodate two people. Although the Chateau Inn & Suites is clearly an older establishment, please know that the rooms are very modern with all the amenenties of any hotel. There are several wonderful local restaurants, but we chose to eat in. Most of the eating establishments deliver frequently to the inn so they come right to your door. I would highly recommend the Chateau Inn & Suites for a romantice couples getaway.

Room Tip: The Luxury Parlor was a great room because of the wonderfully relaxing soaking tub for two.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Had the greatest most relazing time here. Went for the weekend for out "babymoom". The inn is beautiful, clean and extremly romantic. We spent our days siteseeing the beautiful area and even drove to atlantic city a short trip from the inn. The rooms were amamzing. The bed was so comfortable, the fireplace and jacuzzi tub were just what we needed. The wet bar and sitting room were great as well. The inn was quiet!! Didnt hear anything if we were in our room. Also the balcony over looking lake was great and the furniture outside was great. They even provided robes and aveda bath products. They have coffee, drinks and snacks available for no cost. We did not eat breakfast there but heard it was wonderful. Even the area had great places to eat. We will def be going back again many time :)

Room Tip: get the king 1bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I am so glad that I stumbled upon the Chateau Inn while web searching. The weekday promotion was truly a gift for someone who needed a respite from the hustle and bustle of NYC, wanted to stay close to the beach and had to stay within a budget. This facility is truly a hybrid- a nice B&B and a small upscale hotel all rolled up into one.
First- Robert was wonderful on the phone... after he told me about the promotional deal and what the price included (probable upgrade to a parlor, continental bkfst) he ended our conversation with "We look forward to meeting you!" I felt welcomed at "hello!"
Second- I checked in and the ladies at the front desk were courteous, helpful and welcoming.
Third- My room was OVER THE TOP wonderful... my very own working fireplace with duraflame log waiting to be lit, granite top wet bar, big Sony flatscreen with DVD player, free WiFi, marble bathroom with deep soaking tub, and tastefully decorated all around (the leather couch was very comfortable). I slept very well in my very comfy King Size four poster bed! I usually bring my own pillow when I travel, but the pillows in the room were perfect! Sometimes, pics on websites make a room look better than in real life... but not here; it was actually NICER than what I expected.
Fourth- The weather was unseasonably warm for February, so I asked about renting a bike... not only did Nicole assist me with the bike, she went over and above to help map out a safe bike route. In fact, we discussed how long it would take to bike up to Asbury Park from Spring Lake and she said another guest did it in 2 1/2 hours round trip. I playfully said... "I will break that record!"; in fact, it really only took about 90 minutes round trip. The roads were flat, wide enough with passing cars, and a decent view of the beach while riding.
Lastly- At check out, everything was simple, courteous and quick. I will definitely be back!!

I had a 5-Star experience! I can't think of one thing that was lacking!! Enjoy my pics...

Room Tip: The "Stockton Parlor" was perfect... if you don't mind walking up to the 2nd floor; it...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Salem, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My second vist to the Chateau Inn with my family and the ambiance and charm remains as always just wonderful. The Essex / Sussex palor rooms at the rear of the property offer a nice warm homey touch with fireplace and garden tubs. The deck area just outside these suites is perfect for sitting and watching the world go by. I feel right at home here and love the staff and complimentary breakfast and hot chocolates in the evening. Always a pleasure to come back to Spring Lake and the Chateau!

Room Tip: Essex & Sussex Palor Suites are my favorites.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We had a great three night stay and added the fourth night free as part of their promotion. The facility was very clean. The room was equally clean. The staff were very customer friendly. Our family looks forward to future stays at this Inn.
The wireless internet connection was great. I had to work a couple of days while there and did not experience a single problem the whole time. The Wi-Fi signal was strong.
The room has a very nice decor and the bathroom has a spa tub. Although the B&B is over 100 years old, the rooms contained the decorative features of the era along with the modern comforts of a spa tub, 50 inch flat screen TV and Wifi.

Room Tip: The layout is more like a motel than a B&B in that each room has its own facilities and separate...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was our second visit to Spring Lake and our second visit to the Chateau Inn and Suites. We just got back and already I am missing the wonderful time we spent here! The room was simply WONDERFUL! The marble bathroom with Jacuzzi alone was worth the price of the room! Terrific plush furnishings and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in rounded out the whole experience.
There are so many beautiful places in Spring Lake, but I am spoiled rotten by the service and wonderful memories we have of the Chateau. I would HIGHLY recommend the Chateau Inn and Suites to anyone wanting to spend a romantic, picturesque and completely relaxing time in this quaint and lovely seaside town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

My family and I stayed there for about a week and enjoyed every minute of it. Wonderful hotel, very helpful staff, great location. Loved the area, we were there in September and it seems to be a good time to be there. We can't wait to go back, our children keep asking when we are going back to that nice hotel, being that we are from England, it may be in about a year. Looking forward to it. Totally recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!