“Great Weekend Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Spring Lake
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Weekend Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was such a needed, RELAXING getaway. The HW was very clean, very quiet and had such a comfortable and homey feeling. Enjoyed walking by the lake and through the town looking at the beautiful homes. Was not too pleased with the menu at Whispers, and the menu did not appear to be kid friendly.The restaurants we went to (Ray's cafe) excellent service and Who's On Third was great. Talked to a few of the town people and they were very friendly. I would DEFINITELY come back again. After Sandy wasn't sure what to expect after hearing all the devastion from the news, but I am glad I came.

Room Tip: We were in the Victorian room on the 3rd floor, and if this is an example of what the other rooms lo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HWMgr, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay!

It's very nice to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us, and that you had such a relaxing time. Thank you for also recognizing the cleanliness of the property, as our housekeeping department works very hard, and they do an amazing job.

We're very happy to hear that you really had a chance to enjoy a lot of great places within Spring Lake. There are so many great restaurants, small businesses, and warm and welcoming citizens to make your stay extra special.

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is such an affordable bargain in Spring Lake where the average house costs well, well over a million. It is centrally located so you can easily walk to the beach or stroll around the town looking at the gorgeous homes. The HW is well kept and nicely landscaped; the large porch is decorated seasonally. The rooms and suites are immaculate and tastefully decorated.
There are several common areas to sit and relax with a cup of tea or coffee and a newspaper or magazine. Bill, the manager, is a gracious accomodating host who will do his best to make your stay so pleasant that you will surely want to return again and again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay!

We're all very happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations, and the hotel's location, as it pertained to your preferences and needs.

We always try to make sure that with each season, we have the property tastefully decorated to really give each guest a truly great experience; an experience that immerses the guest into the actual feel of each season and celebration.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding. The wedding venue was booked and this hotel had some availability. This being two weeks after Hurricane Sandy I was apprehensive. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. There was no sign of hurricane anywhere to be seen. The hotel is directly accross from the lake and the view was beautiful. (A great place to go for a run if I had time.) Once inside I was again pleased. My room had a decent size fairly modern bathroom. The room was large enough for a king size bed small love seat, desk, and dresser. There was plenty of walking room. A very open and airy feel. Breakfast consisted of make your own waffles, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cereal/milk, muffins and breads, and choice of drink. Not exactly b&b fare but a good continental selection. They had a great Starbucks coffee dispenser machine. This is probably a perk to some, but I drink tea. I was completely unable to operate the thing but a manager came over and helped. Staff was friendly and helpful. If I should have a reason to go back to Spring Lake I would love to stay at this place again!! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay!

We're very happy to hear that the hotel had availability to accommodate your stay during your friend's wedding. It is unfortunate that you may have not been able to stay in the same surroundings of your friends, but we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Spring Lake is a wonderful place for an assortment of activities, including a jog, or a walk.

Fair Haven, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Hewitt Wellington offered us a safe haven from no power in the days following Sandy when my husband was recovering from a recent surgery. We had always wanted to try Whispers, so when we learned of availability at the hotel we jumped at the chance to book the last available room. Our stay, although off season, was very comfortable and pleasant. I can only imagine how delightful the experience would have been during the Spring and summer months. In addition, having Whispers at the hotel was an added bonus. Dinner was very good and we look forward to returning with friends for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake with balconies are really special and help capture the overall Spring Lak...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay!

The storm was an unfortunate event for many in our immediate area, and along the coast, and in New York. We were very fortunate to open our doors to those in need, and we are very pleased to know that you found solace at the hotel, and were able to escape, even if for a few short days.

Whispers is a great addition to our property, and we are very happy to have them as a business partner.

Also, thank you for providing a room tip, as it allows future guest to pick their own particular room, or have a returning guest try something new.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

For many years we have dined at Whispers restaurant which is attached to the Hewitt Wellington and wondered what is was like but since we live nearby we never stayed. Then Sandy hit the shore area and we had no power. Thankfully there was a room available and we loved it! The rooms are gorgeous, very luxurious and they leave nothing to be desired. Bill at the front desk was so helpful and accommodating, he is just great. We have been telling all our out of town friends and relatives that if they want to stay at a beautiful, well run hotel, this is the place and Whispers is excellent for dining.

• Stayed November 2012
HWMgr, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay!

We were very sorry to hear that you had some misfortune during the storm, but we are very happy to always welcome you into our home. During time of need, or during time of joy.

Under the circumstances, we are still very happy to hear that you were able to take your mind off of things, relax, and prepare for your arrival back home during these times.

Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

To my husband and I, the Hewitt Wellington will always be a little slice of Heaven! We stayed here on the night of our Engagement 11/19/2011 and chose to block our rooms here as well for our wedding celebration. I stayed at the Wellington a total of 3 nights (10/11/12 - 10/14/12) and every day was better than the one before. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was there. I stayed in room 8 which had excellent views. It was comfortable, CLEAN, convenient and the hotel created memories for me that will last a lifetime. For almost one year I dealt with the manager Bill and he was extremely professional and friendly and accommodating. He did everything for my guests - he allowed for early check ins for the elders and moved rooms around for those with babies and special situations. There is not one bad thing I can say. Whether I called him or emailed him I had an answer within the matter of a few hours. The hotel is taken care of and it shows. The bathrooms are modern, the drapes and the linens all stylist and welcoming. Even though it is 2012 it still maintains that old fashioned charm without feeling "old". The breakfast and coffee is also an excellent bonus in the morning. you can walk to the beach, walk around town. it is perfectly located in Spring Lake. I cannot speak on behalf of my guests but all were thrilled and felt like they were on vacation far far away even though everyone lived within one hour of the Jersey Shore. I will definitely return to this hotel and highly suggest it to anyone who is looking for a special getaway or for a room block for your Jersey Shore Wedding. THANKS TO ALL OF THE HEWITT WELLINGTON STAFF - I will never forget how good you were to me, my family and my guests. You hold a special place in my heart!

Room Tip: Room 8 has spectacular views and decor!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay.

It is our pleasure to have assisted you through the entire process of your memorable weekend. From beginning to end. From engagement to nuptials, it was our honor to make sure that your experience was as pleasant, enjoyable, and magnificent as possible.

We always strive to make sure that each person, their wedding party, and family always have the greatest time during a wedding weekend. It is a time that everyone will always reflect on happily in the future, and we are very happy to be a part of that. Weddings can be a very hectic engagement to plan, and we try to make sure that we are always here, step by step, to make sure that everything occurs as it should be: issue free, and full of great times.

On behalf of The Hewitt Wellington, we wish the both of you a lifetime of happiness and love, and hopefully you will visit us on your anniversary!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The balcony was perfect. We got there in the late afternoon and enjoyed a drink while overlooking the lake. The room was clean and the bed may have been the most comfortable I have ever experienced. We ate dinner at Whispers which was conveniently attached to the hotel. It was a top 5 dining experience as my wife and I love to eat quality food and this place was incredible. Service was also very friendly.

Room Tip: I suggest Room 14 because of the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay!

We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed the balcony, and utilized it to its full potential. It is a very popular amenity within the property, and we're glad that you were able to enjoy it for an evening.

We're also glad that you enjoyed dinner, and would hope you can return soon, and hopefully in the Summer to enjoy the town, and beaches as well.

Thank you for providing a room tip, also. It allows future guests to pick and choose each room to their liking and needs.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences. Have a great day!

Been to Hewitt Wellington? Share your experiences!