Stayed here for a friends wedding. The wedding venue was booked and this hotel had some availability. This being two weeks after Hurricane Sandy I was apprehensive. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. There was no sign of hurricane anywhere to be seen. The hotel is directly accross from the lake and the view was beautiful. (A great place to go for a run if I had time.) Once inside I was again pleased. My room had a decent size fairly modern bathroom. The room was large enough for a king size bed small love seat, desk, and dresser. There was plenty of walking room. A very open and airy feel. Breakfast consisted of make your own waffles, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cereal/milk, muffins and breads, and choice of drink. Not exactly b&b fare but a good continental selection. They had a great Starbucks coffee dispenser machine. This is probably a perk to some, but I drink tea. I was completely unable to operate the thing but a manager came over and helped. Staff was friendly and helpful. If I should have a reason to go back to Spring Lake I would love to stay at this place again!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake