“Terrible hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Doolan's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spring Lake
Doolan's
You added Doolan's to your Saves list
700 Rte. 71, Spring Lake, NJ 07762   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Staten Island, New York
“Terrible hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the hotel portion of Doolan's because I was attending a wedding there and rooms where blocked off for the wedding guests. My room, which you access from the parking lot was horrible. It was old, outdated and nasty. If I wasn't having a drink or two that night...I would have driven home and lost the money I paid out for the room. The bathroom looked like it was from a gas station. When I flicked the switch...a red heat lamp bolb lit up! I refused to take a shower because I thought the ceiling was going to fall down on me. I even asked the front if I could switch rooms and shockingly they were all booked. I couldn't wait to leave. The room cost $70.....you clearly get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
BROOMALL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I waited a month to get the rom I wanted , which was described as a Deluxe Room. Yes it slightly overlooked the pool, but that was obscurred by the air conditioners right outside the picture window. The bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. The bathroom was not clean, floor had hair and bobbie pins laying here when we arrived. Walls needed to be painted and repaired. Sink faucet ran the whole time. Towels were like sandpaper. Continental breakfast was minimal and poorly staffed, had to ask for several things both days. Dinner in the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Delran, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Shore Club is without a doubt the most friendly and hospitable hotel/resort facility in which my wife and I have ever vacationed and we have traveled all across the USA.
Susan and Joan, the proprietors are obviously continuing the Doolan family tradition established by their parents. THEIR ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND SERVICE TO THE GUESTS HAS BEEN PASSED ONTO EVERYONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES!
We appeared to be the only first-time guests as eveyone else had been long time guests of 10, 20, 30 years and a couple of generations but by the second day we were one of them,totally accepted and welcomed by one and all.
But we will not be "rookies any longer as we have already reseved the same week for next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food and customer service at the reception was impeccable. Yes, the hotel rooms could use some updating but were very clean and comfortable. The rooms are charming. We called poolside for a bar order and the service was friendly, fast and thankful. More customer service than some 4 or 5 star hotels. If you are looking for a luxurious room, don't stay. If you are looking for an adorable, cottage type room, it's your kind of place. The free breakfast buffet offered a variety of choices and was delicious. Again, the service was excellent. A very friendly staff!

Room Tip: I heard the theme rooms were very spacious and cool. We had a terrific standard room, poolside and...
Center Moriches
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a Motel - the pool outside was beautiful however, the rooms were gross. I came here for a wedding and thought for shore with the name Doolan's Shore Club we were on the water...not even close. My room faced the parking lot - it was dark and trying to get ready for the wedding I realized there were bulbs out. I called the front desk and they sent a maid right over- she came with two USED light bulbs and neither of them worked. The basket above the toilet was dusty and dirty and these rooms SERIOUSLY need to be updated. The air conditioner was loud and barely worked. If you are invited to a wedding here be sure to stay some place else!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Deer Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Please, please don't be fooled by ANY good reviews for this place! I am thinking they were all posted by the owners of Doolan's because no one on this planet could enjoy a stay here. The rooms are the most terrible I have ever seen. We stayed one night only out of desperation; there was no other vacancies around that night. The place has not been updated since probably the 1970's. They put no money into this place. The room we were in was moldy, dingy, antiquated, and dirty. The wallpaper was peeling and the ceilings were brown with what must have been leaks. It smelled terrible of must and an air freshener that was put there to cover the bad smell. I am sure the DOH has not approved this place, it would be illegal! To top it all off, a group of people decided it was OK to party outside our door (next to pool) until the early hours with no regard for other guests that might want to sleep! Run the other way for real!!

Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had our wedding here at Doolan's - ceremony & reception. We have not stopped receiving compliments on the food, the rooms and the service!
We fell in love with their atrium room - then we had dinner there and their food is amazing! I don't care for fish and I devoured their sea bass! They really offer a lot and the nearby Spring Lake offers great opportunities for pictures if its nice out or their lobby. We took pictures in both locations.
The only thing that is not over the top are their rooms. They are clean but nothing fancy. I had a suite which really just gives you more space. The other rooms I had stopped by to visit guests in were all clean. I would much rather have a basic, clean room when I go "down the shore" and great food then a fancy room that I'm not going to spend a lot of time in.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the stairs could be loud during the weekend until about 11pm because of the ball...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Doolan's? Share your experiences!